G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Rattling sounds from rear deck

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 05:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rattling sounds from rear deck

anyone have any rattling sounds coming from the rear deck? I'm not sure what the source is yet.

Old 02-20-2007, 05:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 02-20-2007, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by CarFreak
no.. that was making sounds too but I took it in and had it fixed.. the rattling sound is coming from the rear deck

Old 02-20-2007, 05:48 PM
Nope - none here.
Make sure the passthrough is closed tightly....

Old 02-20-2007, 06:33 PM
I've heard a buzzing rattle from the rear deck area a couple times. It's speed specific for me and occured a certain speeds. Have not been able to reproduce it and I'm not sure it wasn't some stuff I had in the cargo net rattling around.

Old 02-20-2007, 06:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had some on my couple and i had to insert some double sided tape between the window and the back deck.

Old 02-20-2007, 07:13 PM
On my 07 I have noticed a rattle that seems to be coming from the passanger rear door or left side of the read deck Im not sure. The sad thing is that is only 1 of the 4 rattle/strange sounds I have.

Old 02-20-2007, 07:15 PM
My car is literally rattle proof after having my sound system installed...It took about 2 days to get rid of all rattles! Useless info...

Old 02-20-2007, 07:29 PM
Zero rattles at all on mine... maybe I'm going deaf.

It is rock solid and almost too quiet.
Get those puppies back to the dealer and have them fix 'em!

Old 02-20-2007, 10:11 PM
I too have a rattle coming from, best I can tell, the rear driver’s side C-pillar. It is noticeable from the front and very noticeable from the rear seats. At first, I thought it was the grab handle over the rear door, but I had someone hang on to it while driving with no success. In addition, I have an annoying little rattle from the passenger’s side A-pillar. I have not taken these into the dealer yet for fear that my G will be the guinea pig. Please keep us posted if you learn more!

Old 02-20-2007, 11:58 PM
I can say this, the loose rubber trim on the sunroof rattling sounded like it was coming from the back seat. Took me a while to figure it it was coming from over my head. Sounds bounce around in cars and can sound like they care coming from somewhere they are not.

Old 02-21-2007, 12:59 AM
I get rattling in the back of the car sometimes. But i traced it to ice and snow being on the car. It only happens when there is snow or on it. If you live in warm climate then disregard this reason. But thats what i traced my problem too.

Old 07-28-2007, 12:44 AM
Originally Posted by SuckItUp
I too have a rattle coming from, best I can tell, the rear driver’s side C-pillar. It is noticeable from the front and very noticeable from the rear seats. At first, I thought it was the grab handle over the rear door, but I had someone hang on to it while driving with no success. In addition, I have an annoying little rattle from the passenger’s side A-pillar. I have not taken these into the dealer yet for fear that my G will be the guinea pig. Please keep us posted if you learn more!
^^ Did you ever find the source of this rattle? I climbed in the back while the car was being driven and couldn't seem to locate the rattle, almost like it's coming from all around me, quite frustrating. All cars rattle so I don't mind fixing a few rattles, IF you can find them.

(6 days old, 770 miles)

Old 07-28-2007, 12:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by csdstudio
^^ Did you ever find the source of this rattle? I climbed in the back while the car was being driven and couldn't seem to locate the rattle, almost like it's coming from all around me, quite frustrating. All cars rattle so I don't mind fixing a few rattles, IF you can find them.

(6 days old, 770 miles)
dam i feel your pain man even tho i have a 03 coupe i have a rattle on my pass side rear deck area and i just had my car rencently in the shop for a kit and full paint and other custom stuff and they had all my windows and panels off and i looked around and the only thing i saw that could rattle was the light the ent down inside the trunk and i put 3m tape under it and made sure everything rlse was sucure tightly and they dam rattle is still there, sounds like a door rod that ca,e loose from the clip and rattle around, but this is comign from my rear pass side deck area and was killing me but im learning to deal with it, its not to bad and only happens when i go over bumps, but im still baffel'ed

Old 07-30-2007, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by csdstudio

(6 days old, 770 miles)

I took my car into the dealer and they found the problem in the rear deck. It was a loose screw. I don't have the work order with me so I don't know the exact one, but they tightened it and the rattling is gone! good luck

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rattling sounds from rear deck