G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

4 Wheel Active Steer Package anyone ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 07:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4 Wheel Active Steer Package anyone ?

Anyone ordered the 4 Wheel Active Steer Package on their G ??

In your opinion, is it worth the price ?

Does it really add anything perceivable/useful to the driving/handling ?

I am not sure about this pkg and the dealer has no cars with it to test drive.

Old 02-22-2007, 08:03 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by max2k1

Something to think about if you plan on lowering ...

I would have considered it if it were available, but after doing some research, I read some people saying they've encountered problems with older RAS cars when they lowered them. I think I made the right choice since I always planned to lower mine.

Old 02-22-2007, 08:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The package definitely is the real deal. you notice it, it works, the car is faster with it (both slalom and winding roads, strait aways are the same) handling is better at higher speeds. and less of a turn radius at lower speeds.

Check out this video, and this isn't marketing, it really does deliver what it shows.
http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/TECH...WAS/index.html

And if you want, there's another video in the forums but it's in Japanese from Best MOTORing, they compare the 4was vs non on slalom, winding roads and the 4was package pulls a second better on a 1 minute lap.

If your ordering a car and waiting 3 months, get it!, you'll be glad you did. it's not a lot of money (2 car payments, maybe 3)

I don't plan on lowering the car.

Old 02-22-2007, 08:31 PM
Bad Toro
I honestly don't know how much of a difference the average driver would notice with daily driving. I can see a reason if you track your car on a regular basis, but then again.... do you?

Old 02-22-2007, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by SPEEED
I honestly don't know how much of a difference the average driver would notice with daily driving. I can see a reason if you track your car on a regular basis, but then again.... do you?
2nd..

Old 02-23-2007, 08:35 AM
Originally Posted by kring
The package definitely is the real deal. you notice it, it works, the car is faster with it (both slalom and winding roads, strait aways are the same) handling is better at higher speeds. and less of a turn radius at lower speeds.

Check out this video, and this isn't marketing, it really does deliver what it shows.
http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/TECH...WAS/index.html

And if you want, there's another video in the forums but it's in Japanese from Best MOTORing, they compare the 4was vs non on slalom, winding roads and the 4was package pulls a second better on a 1 minute lap.

If your ordering a car and waiting 3 months, get it!, you'll be glad you did. it's not a lot of money (2 car payments, maybe 3)

I don't plan on lowering the car.
I second this... i have the 4was on my G and i love it. I guess people who dont have it cant really give an opinion. I never had it on any of my previous cars but the turn radius is lower and the handling is really good at high and low speeds. Like that other guy said if your planning on lowering your car you shouldnt get it who knows what problems might occur during the process. From my previous cars i think the worst thing you could do to you vehicle is lower it. All i kno is the cons definetly out weighed the pros when lowering your car. I dont care if you do the whoke works with sproings shocks and struts..they have a bunch of smart a$$ japanese engineers studying and creating the suspension to be precise and then we come along with soemaftermarket b/s and totally ruin the symetry of the suspension.... just my 2 cents...hope this helps...but anyways if you are deciding and need extra opinions from someone who has this feature i suggest you get it.

Old 02-23-2007, 03:49 PM
I have the RAS and can not tell a difference in handling in everyday driving. But that is because I have not driven a G without the RAS and really haven't taken it to a track to test out the performance of it... so I can't make comparisons.

Also, I wanted to lower my G and I asked redlude for some help but the issues of RAS did come into play.

I'm wondering, has anyone with an 06 G with RAS successfully lowered their ride without any problems? If so, with what and how much did it cost?

Edit: I just noticed this in 07 Sedan section, I searched "rear active steer" in the search and didn't even see. Wrong section for me, but can anyone still help?

Old 02-23-2007, 04:45 PM
gao
Originally Posted by max2k1

The Top Motoring japanese video that Shane(I think...) put up, mentioned that from 10-40kmh its unnoticeable 40-80kmh noticeable and >80kmh same amount of steering control hassles are needed with and without. One driver mentioned that the 4was had different amounts of unpredictability depending on the speed which he didn't like. I guess in summary it helps out a lot in the 40-80kmh range. Its also a pretty funny video... They got a girl to rate the car basing on the sound of the honk, ease to get in and out, sound of the door closing, macho factor, etc.

For those who don't understand japanese, the short verdict summary is that, the G handles well until the tires give. And when the tires do, its very extreme, unlike the 335i. Compared with the G, 335i inspires more confidence and the body roll is very gradual/predictable to the point that you can tell when the center of gravity rolls from one side to the other(quote "like a rolling ball"). The G, on the other hand, feels front->short mid->back and gives out suddenly. Compared with the previous coupe v35, the v36 G handles better but not perfect. They see the 4 door as a everyday sedan and to that its good. But to live up to the Skyline legend, nissan needs to do more for the upcoming 2 door coupe. And yes, the 335i has enough power to walk away from the G. On a side note, they clocked better times with the VDC off.

The is350 ranked 2nd last(last being subaru). The is350 fishtailed a lot more than the drivers liked. The lady rated the new G 1st place for all accounts including interior room, 335i second and lexus last.

Last edited by gao; 02-23-2007 at 05:01 PM.