G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Tints pics - first pics after 3 weeks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 09:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bertmauricio
I hear ya on the 35% all around and the tips but after being pulled over twice for front tint(35%), I didn't want the "I wonder if he's gonna pull me over" in my mind all the time.

But I am still thinking about re-doing the front to 35%...ya, I like to contradict myself. Vincent at Omega Tint Werks in Pleasanton is great on customer support and I'm sure he'd work with me if I change my mind. If you guys need work, he's the guy. Just google him and you can confirm.
I would venture a guess that the majority of cars I see in LA have tinted front windows so it's really not a priority for a cop to pull you over just for tints. Unless there's something else you've done to the car that draws his attention to you (very loud exhaust, slammed, 20"s, or some other outrageous mod), or you're pulled over for another reason, they don't seem to care.

Old 02-23-2007, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by dude_abides
I would venture a guess that the majority of cars I see in LA have tinted front windows so it's really not a priority for a cop to pull you over just for tints. Unless there's something else you've done to the car that draws his attention to you (very loud exhaust, slammed, 20"s, or some other outrageous mod), or you're pulled over for another reason, they don't seem to care.
my tint actually got me out of an illegal right turn ticket. what pissed me off is that the cop who signed it off barely looked at my car. if i had left the tint on, it wouldve still passed!

Old 02-24-2007, 12:28 AM
I also notice more cars in southern ca have tinted fronts vs. northern ca. And yes, most 'modified' cars here tint their fronts. I really want to lower the car for looks...which of course is another attention draw for the cops, even though it's not illegal. Most of the time they see tint and lowering and assume there are infractions for them to find.

A friend told me how he was pulled over and all he did was lower his S2000, aftermarket wheels, and 35% tint. That's it. Cops checked all lights, signals, etc. and even asked him to pop the hood. Fremont police, where I have to drive through everyday.

Old 02-24-2007, 03:47 AM
Originally Posted by acidrane
wow first pic of tint ive seen. i was thinking of going 50%(since 70% is legal for the front in cali) on the front and 35% on the rest but i was sure of how it wouldve looked. i think ill go 35% all around, considering it doesnt look that dark and you have black interior too. itll look even lighter with stone interior.
I've always wondered about window tint here in the Bay Area (CA in general). According to the CHP site:

Illegal
Tinting the front side windows and the windshield (except for a narrow band at the top of the windshield). Windows behind the driver's head may be tinted. If rear window is tinted, right-side mirror is required (26708 VC).

But when you look at the actual VC from www.dmv.ca.gov:
26708. (a) (1) No person shall drive any motor vehicle with any object or material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied upon the windshield or side or rear windows.

Old 02-24-2007, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by fred35
I've always wondered about window tint here in the Bay Area (CA in general). According to the CHP site:

Illegal
Tinting the front side windows and the windshield (except for a narrow band at the top of the windshield). Windows behind the driver's head may be tinted. If rear window is tinted, right-side mirror is required (26708 VC).

But when you look at the actual VC from www.dmv.ca.gov:
26708. (a) (1) No person shall drive any motor vehicle with any object or material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied upon the windshield or side or rear windows.

Why are you confused?

The first part states that "tinting the front side windows and the windshield" is illegal. The second part states "no person shall drive any motor vehicle with any object or material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied upon the windshield or side or rear windows".

It's saying the same thing.

Old 02-24-2007, 02:15 PM
Calsonic: sorry about that. Probably mis-stated my question. Its in reference to Acidrane's comment that "70% is legal for the front in Cali". I assume that Acidrane meant "front" as in front windows, which according to the VC is illegal.

Just trying to figure it out b/c would like to tint too (live in east bay, CA) but would hate the hassle from the cops.

Old 02-24-2007, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by fred35
Calsonic: sorry about that. Probably mis-stated my question. Its in reference to Acidrane's comment that "70% is legal for the front in Cali". I assume that Acidrane meant "front" as in front windows, which according to the VC is illegal.

Just trying to figure it out b/c would like to tint too (live in east bay, CA) but would hate the hassle from the cops.
someone posted a link to the tint laws in the US. in california it said that it is legal to have tint upto 70% on the 2 front windows. no tint allowed on the windshield (except for the top 4 or 6 inches). rear windows, anyhting is game. ill try to find the link again, it was in one of the thread over here.

Old 02-25-2007, 01:54 AM
Wings Nation

Received 626 Likes on 456 Posts
I'm getting my car tinted next weekend and can't decide whether to do the windshield. Gonna do 20% or 35% on the rear and sides, but a few of the shops I've talked to have warned me that even 50% on the windshield is too dark at night.

Anyone here have any issues with tinting a windshield? ...other than it being illegal

peace

Last edited by bigc; 02-25-2007 at 02:10 AM.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:27 AM
Damn!!! Cali sucks *ss!!!!

Old 02-25-2007, 11:07 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by dude_abides
I think there is a little more to it and I'm sure most of you will agree. Cops do in fact profile the driver (it's human nature). If you look like you're trouble to them, they'll bend you over ... expecially if you give them attitude. Now throw in a $40K car on top of that and he's already thinking you are spoiled.

The bright side is ... the older you get, the more you can get away with .

Old 02-25-2007, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by bertmauricio
I hear ya on the 35% all around and the tips but after being pulled over twice for front tint(35%), I didn't want the "I wonder if he's gonna pull me over" in my mind all the time.

But I am still thinking about re-doing the front to 35%...ya, I like to contradict myself. Vincent at Omega Tint Werks in Pleasanton is great on customer support and I'm sure he'd work with me if I change my mind. If you guys need work, he's the guy. Just google him and you can confirm.
That's right I had 35% all the way around in the mainland and I still got pulled over and ticketed it's a pain in the butt to have to take the tint off and go to court or just paying the fine which was almost as much as the cost of tinting. I ended up putting 20% in the rear of my old car and that helped...