G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Interior aluminum color

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 06:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did a quick search on Google and found this description on a firearms website:

It is very difficult to obtain uniform coloring of aluminum parts because:

a. Parts are made of several different alloys of aluminum, each of which may accept anodizing or coloring differently.

b. Minor lot to lot differences in a single alloy type may produce color differences. Upper and lower receiver forgings, for instance, start with aluminum billets of different diameters. The different diameters of starting stock are very seldom from the same melt of raw stock.

c. Parts made of the same lot may experience slight differences in heat treat, which can result in color differences.

d. Identical parts of a single lot which are coated in different vats or lots may accept coating differently, and produce color differences. Identical parts may accept anodizing differently even if coated simultaneously in a single vat, depending on the location within the vat.

If components are to have matching colors, they should be purchased at the same time, from the same lot

source: http://www.armalite.com/library/techNotes/tnote08.htm
Another reason why some of the aluminum may be discolored is that many manufacturers of aluminum parts will use recycled (rarely pure) aluminum which will make it far more difficult to control the color of the final product. Honestly I doubt Infiniti will do anything about it.

Old 03-13-2007, 06:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's playing tricks on you. The light coming through the factory greenish tint on the windows is making it look like this.

Mine looks yellow in certain light as well, but I checked it at night with a true white light borrowed from our graphics dept and it is uniform in color.

Old 03-13-2007, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Zapple
It's playing tricks on you. The light coming through the factory greenish tint on the windows is making it look like this.

Mine looks yellow in certain light as well, but I checked it at night with a true white light borrowed from our graphics dept and it is uniform in color.
Agreed!
If you open the door and look at the interior, it's getting a yellowish hue from the interior light.
The open door isn't....

Try it.

Old 03-14-2007, 09:12 AM
ok this is the thing i got in the mail i hope it answers all your questions about the yellow tint on the washi washi...

Beyond Comfort...

Many sport sedans offer Luxurious interiors,but with a decidedly stark and industrial bent. The designers of the Infiniti G took the opposite path,creating an interior that actually welcomes you. Step inside and be greeted by warm lighting inspired by the Japanese innkeeper tradition of painting interior walls GOLD to provide an inviting glow to weary travelers. Enjoy the richness of fine materials like African rosewood or artfully crafted washi aluminum trim.

If they are trying to add that gold feeling on the interior then maybe the washi isnt just aluminum color..maybe it has a tint of gold mixed into it aswell.????

Old 03-14-2007, 03:31 PM
I beleive its really the light reflectng off of the material . Thought mine had it but when I parked at work, under an overhang it dissapeared and at the dealer there wasnt any either but driving west to east there was...even though slightly. Its the tinting and the reflection is my guess

Old 03-14-2007, 05:13 PM
07G
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have a Sept. build date and my X has the non matching trim. No one has mentioned it though and some people picky people have been in the car.