G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Car shopping pains

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 03:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone needs to let Infiniti corporate know about these guys...
This is NOT the standard... and shouldn't be tolerated.

My experiences have been stellar in Los Angeles - professional and respectful.
Sorry you had to go through that.

Old 02-25-2007, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by Nimol
Thanks to everybody for all the replies so far.

I had a feeling that the manager was BS’ing when he told me that deposits are non-refundable. A couple of years ago a friend of mine ordered a 350Z and cancelled it a month later. He got his refund with no problems.
Actually.. it really depends on the document you are signing.
You have 3 days by law to back out of a contract.
If the document you sign is for a special order that states non-refundable, then you are bound by the contract.
My dealer was trying to get a car from another state for me. They were going to have to pay extra transport fees, so if I was to back out, I would not get my deposit back.
On a new order the dealer could just place my car on the lot and sell it with no extra fees so there was no deposit.
READ and understand the terms of thecontract before you sign.
I told them I would not pay any extra transport fees, so I did not sign their agreement. They were able to divert a car from another dealership that wasn't sold which had the colors and options I wanted.

Old 02-25-2007, 08:24 AM
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
I hear ya bro, If I am purchasing a new car, I want it to be a NEW car. That is one of the reasons that I ordered my G and didn't take one off the lot. I'm very fussy and ordering new gives me a piece of mind. For me, if I'm going to buy a brand new car, it's going to be one fresh off the the truck and not one that has been sitting on the lot being test driven by some jack@ss. But that's me.
I am the same way.. Some of the cars on the lot had inspection stickers from November when I was looking in late Jan. I got one that just came in, had all the wraps on it and was delivered with 10 miles on the odo.

Old 02-25-2007, 08:31 AM
Originally Posted by G-Whizzer
Someone needs to let Infiniti corporate know about these guys...
This is NOT the standard... and shouldn't be tolerated.

My experiences have been stellar in Los Angeles - professional and respectful.
Sorry you had to go through that.
I seriously hope Nissan/Infinti check out car forums and see how some of the dealerships are representing them. When I first stepped into the dealership, I felt I was at a luxury car dealership. That feeling quickly faded and it felt like I was at a sleezy used car dealership

Old 02-25-2007, 11:33 AM
Waxer
I hope you wore boots when you were at this dealership. Their crap is so deep it's not funny. Run don't walk from these guys and find an honest dealership.

Old 02-25-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by Sedanman07
I hope you wore boots when you were at this dealership. Their crap is so deep it's not funny.
Haha that made my day right there.

Old 02-25-2007, 11:56 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Welcome to the "Stealership" wars...............

If someone at a dealership came to me with that line of B.S. the first thing
I'd ask them would be "Do I have Stupid" written on my forehead? Find another dealership, I wouldn't go back there if they were giving cars away!
If the sales techniques are this bad I wouldn't want to go thru the rest of
process with this agency!

Old 02-25-2007, 05:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Nimol
Hi all. This is long but I hope you all would spend a couple of minutes reading this...
I went in and a salesman came to help me. I told him that I am interested in the G35 and would like to order one if the price is right. He told me that it will be a 3-4 month wait. My response was that I was in no hurry to buy a car today and wouldn’t mind waiting for my new car to arrive. Then he says that I have to put in an order by today or I will have to wait a very long time for my car to come in and I will have to wait until August. I asked him if I would be better off coming back for the 08s to come in since the new model year starts in August/September and his response was, “The 07s just arrived last November and that will mean the 08s will arrive this November”. Whatever
My purchase experience was painless. Herer's what I did:

1) Go to www.infiniti.com and do the Build & Price option. Pick out everything and write down the total price including destination.
2) Fax that information to every dealer in a 100-mile radius (except for the dealership where you'd like to ultimately purchase the car), asking them for their best price. Give them the color combo, options, etc. as well as the build price from infiniti.com. Make sure to tell them that their price should cover EVERYTHING but tax and ttl. Also make sure to note that you don't care if the car is on their lot or a factory order, and that you are only interested in that exact vehicle.
3) Print out the email or fax for the best response you got. Also, print out mapquest directions to the dealer that gave that best price. Take both to your dealer of choice and ask them to match/beat the deal and you order on the spot, otherwise you head to the other place.

I politely did the above steps. My closest dealership matched the best price I got by email from another dealership in the area. I ordered the car on the spot and took delivery a month later (after they were able to divert the exact vehicle I wanted from CA to IL).

Good luck!

Old 02-25-2007, 08:10 PM
name the dealership so all who look here will never go near the place!

Old 02-26-2007, 08:24 AM
Originally Posted by chuckg35
name the dealership so all who look here will never go near the place!
Exactly, you beat me to it! If you hope Nissan/Infiniti to take a look at these things and see how the dealerships are representing themselves, you need to post WHICH dealership screwed you around.

I had a similar experience... 1st dealership tried to take me to the cleaners on a car that didnt have the options I wanted and wanted to give me pennies on my trade. Kept calling around and drove an hour and a half and got the deal I wanted.

Old 02-26-2007, 08:49 AM
If it was the DC area I'd bet my mortgage it was Jim Coleman Infiniti.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:58 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
That's why I went to a "no haggle" dealership. I may have paid a bit more, but the lack of hassle was well worth it. BTW: I gave them a $500 check to order mine, they didn't even cash it. They gave it back to me.

Old 02-26-2007, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by dcmidnight
If it was the DC area I'd bet my mortgage it was Jim Coleman Infiniti.
I was thinking Infiniti Of Chantilly... they tried almost the same thing on me. I walked and bought from JBA in Elicot City, MD.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:40 PM
I had a very similar experience to the OP just today. I visited a dealership about an hour and a half away from home (was traveling for work anyway...might as well make it enjoyable ) I went in to get some pricing information for a G35S AT Garnet Ember/Graphite with Premium, Sirius, and splash guards. Salesman was nice enough and came back with a price that seemed pretty fair (about $600 over invoice), but then he starts to feed me a line about how Infiniti will be instituting a price increase in either March or April. So what is the deal with this? Is this true???

Thanks all.

Old 02-27-2007, 05:30 PM
For those who are wondering which dealership I visited. It is Kelly Infiniti of Danvers, MA.

A day before I went to the dealership I did a google search on "dealership ratings" and came upon this website(scroll down to see the review). I should've taken that review more seriously.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car shopping pains