G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Best Method to Contact Infiniti on Issue?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 09:02 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Best Method to Contact Infiniti on Issue?

What's the best method to contact Infiniti to voice a complaint with a vehicles design, preferably not just a generic customer service phone number, is anyone aware of how to get a hold of someone with the ability to take action at Infiniti and listen to a complaint? (I know it's a long shot but have to ask)

I'm sure your all wondering what my complaint is. Basically it's the complete crippling of all music box, settings, and navigation functions while the car is in motion, due to them locking out the page up/down options and not adding in a voice prompt to let you page up/down. It was already frustrating on the Nav, but now after finally loading some music into the Music box, I have to park, set the album, the play and drive... if I want to switch albums I have to park, set the album, play and drive... because you can't scroll down while the car is in motion to "search ...."

This is a defect... this can not be the intended design of the system.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:02 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone else got this issue - that you can't select different Albums in the Music Box while driving??? Geezzzz ... CF has a restriction of only 512 songs per CF card, CD Changer in trunk doesn't play MP3's, and now this?

Can someone please confirm this is the case - that you CANNOT SWITCH ALBUMS WHILE DRIVING FROM TEH MUSIC BOX. Maybe Infiniti should have just installed an AM/FM radio?

Old 02-27-2007, 12:13 PM
ohh my.... that sucks

Old 02-27-2007, 12:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mfecko
Has anyone else got this issue - that you can't select different Albums in the Music Box while driving??? Geezzzz ... CF has a restriction of only 512 songs per CF card, CD Changer in trunk doesn't play MP3's, and now this?

Can someone please confirm this is the case - that you CANNOT SWITCH ALBUMS WHILE DRIVING FROM TEH MUSIC BOX. Maybe Infiniti should have just installed an AM/FM radio?
You can change albums but you can't display the album list while driving. To switch folders on the CF card use the right audio **** on the dash or hold the steering wheel switch up or down and you can scroll through your albums just fine. You can also change folders using the voice commands. The whole system was designed to have the driver's eyes on the road as opposed to staring at the LCD.

I really don't see what the big deal is. I've owned several MP3 caplable after market decks and none allowed me to view a list of all albums. I managed just fine, I had to scroll through the albums just like I do in the G now.

I'm sure there are some aftermarket solutions that allow you to operate the stereo just like your PC, but what do you really expect from an OEM setup? I think Infiniti did a pretty great job designing this system. The bottom line is that this isn't a computer, it's a car stereo.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:30 PM
I have loaded several cd's onto the music box and can confirm that I have yet to figure out how to scroll to different stored cd's while driving. I have tried voice, the button on the steering wheel, the controller, etc. I can't figure out how to do it (except for pulling over to the side of the road). It definitely does not work the same as the CF card while driving.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:37 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by ChristianN
You can change albums but you can't display the album list while driving. To switch folders on the CF card use the right audio **** on the dash or hold the steering wheel switch up or down and you can scroll through your albums just fine. You can also change folders using the voice commands. The whole system was designed to have the driver's eyes on the road as opposed to staring at the LCD.

I really don't see what the big deal is. I've owned several MP3 caplable after market decks and none allowed me to view a list of all albums. I managed just fine, I had to scroll through the albums just like I do in the G now.

I'm sure there are some aftermarket solutions that allow you to operate the stereo just like your PC, but what do you really expect from an OEM setup? I think Infiniti did a pretty great job designing this system. The bottom line is that this isn't a computer, it's a car stereo.
+1, I agree with everything here Christian.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:46 PM
Christian and Canuck,

Lets say I have 30 albums on the music box and I am playing album 1 while driving, how would I play album 30 without pulling over? I haven't figured out how to do that and didn't think it was possible after trying several times. What is the voice command? It is not listed on the voice command sticky.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:49 PM
Hold down the "ENTER" bar on the left side of the steering wheel for 1 second - maybe 2 and it jumps to the next disc/folder/album depending what mode you're in.
Quickly hit it and scroll between songs...

Old 02-27-2007, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Jgood0001
I have loaded several cd's onto the music box and can confirm that I have yet to figure out how to scroll to different stored cd's while driving. I have tried voice, the button on the steering wheel, the controller, etc. I can't figure out how to do it (except for pulling over to the side of the road). It definitely does not work the same as the CF card while driving.
The way you do it is to use the right hand circular **** in the radio section. This is the **** that you would use to manually tune a staion while in Radio mode. The **** scrolls through the albums much faster than the screen controls. This is the only way I switch albums now.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Jgood0001
Christian and Canuck,

Lets say I have 30 albums on the music box and I am playing album 1 while driving, how would I play album 30 without pulling over? I haven't figured out how to do that and didn't think it was possible after trying several times. What is the voice command? It is not listed on the voice command sticky.
Try turning the right audio control **** in the left direction.

Old 02-27-2007, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by G-Whizzer
Hold down the "ENTER" bar on the left side of the steering wheel for 1 second - maybe 2 and it jumps to the next disc/folder/album depending what mode you're in.
Quickly hit it and scroll between songs...
This is the way I do it, it's great because my eyes and hands can stay where they need to be.

Old 02-27-2007, 01:14 PM
Banned
See ... I don't have my car yet ... so all of these potential "issues" is causing me some anxiety (as I haven't actually tried using the system yet, and am relying on others experiences).

I aprpeciate all the help/insight. Doesn't seem like its that big of a deal now that you guys have walked me through it. Thanks.

Old 02-27-2007, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by mfecko
See ... I don't have my car yet ... so all of these potential "issues" is causing me some anxiety (as I haven't actually tried using the system yet, and am relying on others experiences).

I aprpeciate all the help/insight. Doesn't seem like its that big of a deal now that you guys have walked me through it. Thanks.

anxiety..over this.. ouch!!!

Old 02-27-2007, 01:22 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
And don't forget you have lots of MB Voice commands that allow you to play your CDs based on mood, category, favorites....etc.

Old 02-27-2007, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
And don't forget you have lots of MB Voice commands that allow you to play your CDs based on mood, category, favorites....etc.
...And thats not all. If you order now you will also receive a set of indestructible steak knives!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best Method to Contact Infiniti on Issue?