G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

BumperPlugs: blue slate submitted

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 08:22 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BumperPlugs: submit your request for Blue Slate!!!

I finally got my free bottle of touch up paint today (Blue Slate - K52)... after 4 months!. I smeared some on an index card per instructions from BumperPlugs.com. I am mailing it tomorrow. Hopefully, they can find a good match/mix. Otherwise, they may have to do custom coloring (more $$$?).

Some of you are unfortunate enough like me to get pre-drilled license plate holes in your front bumper. Finally, I can plug them up!

UPDATE FROM BUMPERPLUGS.COM:

Unfortunately we do not stock a match for this color. We can, however, produce it for you if you are interested.

Custom orders are $129 and you will receive three sets of plugs in the exact matching factory finish. Or if you know any others in your area with the same color, or the dealer has interest, we need at least six buyers to produce them for inventory, then we can offer them at our standard $24.95/pair.

PLEASE EVERYONE WITH BLUE SLATE! I'm sure some of you have license plate holes on your bumpers! All we need are 6 committed buyers! PM me if you plan on buying a pair of Blue Slate (K52) plugs.

Last edited by GoofyG28; 03-07-2007 at 01:32 PM.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
but you need to take the inserts out...
it's not easy to take them out...
i think you have to take the bumper out to break them...

i bought the plugs from bumperplugs as well and i couldn't use it right now... but i went to kragen and get the license plate screws wrapper in the meantime to cover the screws... they are kinda big and protruded.. oh well i like it better with plate on.. so wth

Old 02-28-2007, 09:53 PM
Bad Toro
Awesome! That would be great.

Although, I hope I won't need them again, since this time around I've warned my dealership not to even think about drilling holes.

Old 03-01-2007, 02:09 PM
I broke the screw thread inserts already. I held the plastic thingy out, used a thin screwdriver, and tried to carefully remove it without breaking it. Unfortunately, the middle piece that swivels broke off, and it fell inside my bumper somewhere. I said, "Screw (no pun intended) this... might as well do the same to the other one." So I've been driving with two lil holes this whole time, minus the white plastic inserts.

Old 03-01-2007, 02:18 PM
ic.. that's cool...
i don't want to take them in case i get ticket for not having a plate and i can still put it back on easily

Old 03-01-2007, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by RED_G35S
ic.. that's cool...
i don't want to take them in case i get ticket for not having a plate and i can still put it back on easily
For a $10 fix-it ticket, it's all worth it. The car is to sexy to have a plate in the front.

Old 03-01-2007, 03:44 PM
true true true...

Old 03-07-2007, 01:32 PM

Unfortunately we do not stock a match for this color. We can, however, produce it for you if you are interested.

Custom orders are $129 and you will receive three sets of plugs in the exact matching factory finish. Or if you know any others in your area with the same color, or the dealer has interest, we need at least six buyers to produce them for inventory, then we can offer them at our standard $24.95/pair.

PLEASE EVERYONE WITH BLUE SLATE! I'm sure some of you have license plate holes on your bumpers! All we need are 6 committed buyers! PM me if you plan on buying a pair of Blue Slate (K52) plugs.

Old 03-07-2007, 02:19 PM
Bad Toro
Originally Posted by GoofyG28

$129 Are they out of their minds? I understand it's a customer order, but for god's sake... Might as well order plain white plugs and paint them using the factory touch-up paint. Should be good enough.

Old 03-07-2007, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by SPEEED
$129 Are they out of their minds? I understand it's a customer order, but for god's sake... Might as well order plain white plugs and paint them using the factory touch-up paint. Should be good enough.
That might be not be a bad idea. I can get black or gray plugs, but I'm not good with painting jack, especially since the plugs are round.

Old 03-07-2007, 03:22 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by SPEEED
I think he means they are $129 for one pair only (at this time). They'll start production if if they get six people at a cost of $24.95 each.

It sounds like the white inserts are destroyed if you remove them. For me, it comes down to how much the white inserts are in case I ever need to re-install them.

Old 03-07-2007, 03:56 PM
man - just get some other color they stock and use the paint you already have to make them match your car. Too easy.

Old 03-07-2007, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by shaneotool
man - just get some other color they stock and use the paint you already have to make them match your car. Too easy.
For 24.95, it's better to wait till they stock the right color ... all it takes is six people.

Even at $24.95 a pair, it still sounds to expensive.

Here is the real kicker ... I just call Infiniti ... the white inserts are part of the bracket kit. That plastic bracket kit is $91.

Does someone know where else to get the inserts separately?

Old 03-07-2007, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by terrycs
For 24.95, it's better to wait till they stock the right color ... all it takes is six people.

Even at $24.95 a pair, it still sounds to expensive.

Here is the real kicker ... I just call Infiniti ... the white inserts are part of the bracket kit. That plastic bracket kit is $91.

Does someone know where else to get the inserts separately?
That's ridiculous! I broke mine on purpose, so now I have open holes that I need to plug up. Maybe I can get some cheap plastic plugs from Home Depot and paint them myself. $25 for a color-matched pair of plugs that snap perfectly into our bumper ain't that bad. Looks much cleaner.

Old 03-07-2007, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by GoofyG28
That's ridiculous! I broke mine on purpose, so now I have open holes that I need to plug up. Maybe I can get some cheap plastic plugs from Home Depot and paint them myself. $25 for a color-matched pair of plugs that snap perfectly into our bumper ain't that bad. Looks much cleaner.
I'm already looking into it. We use plugs all the time so I am checking with some of my vendors. What is the diameter of the hole and how thick do you think the bumper cover is?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BumperPlugs: blue slate submitted