G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Defeated Non-Nav Auxillary Lockout

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 12:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If im looking at the nav screen to follow directions, or if im looking at it to watch my latest episode of 24, or if im scrolling thru song titles, or changing the AC, or doing ANYTHING that makes me get distracted from keeping my eyes on the road THAN SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM???? All these patriotic stand up citizens worrying about the rest of the public keeping them safe from harms way needs to re evaluate the way they drive, because nobody on earth drives 100% careful. There are always distractions. Now if you want to go an catagorize and rate each distraction than thats another story. ITS ALL DISTRACTIONS BECAUSE YOU ARE TAKING YOUR EYES OFF THE ROAD. EVEN IF YOU HAVE A CHILD IN THE BACK AND YOU WANT TO LOOK AT THEM.... THATS A DISTRACTION AND IS BAD FOR THE OTHER DRIVERS

If you cant buy a car knowing it has a nav screen and still be able to drive and look at the screen then you shouldnt have bought a car or you shouldnt be driving at all. Anybody that uses the excuse in an accident to say that they were wathcing TV instead of paying attention needs to be shot in the head for pure stupidity. Why dont they just say sorry officer i was too busy ***** off and i didnt see that guy in front of me. I dont know why NIssan would be liable. Anyways i cant wait to hack this thing, i wouldnt mind having some videos or anything playing for my passenger while they ride. Also I AM SICK OF HAVING TO PULL OVER TO SEARCH FOR THINGS!!!!!!!

Old 03-12-2007, 12:47 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Garnet Canuck is correct in saying that this thread subject is unsafe and wrong......and BTW -- this decision is left up to the discretion of each and every moderator , so abuse of priviledges is not an issue here.

Decisions like this are made in the best interest of everyone and follow the basic beliefs and credo of G35Driver.com.

The functions in the Navi that are disallowed are done that way by Nissan for a reason -- A very important one: safety.

So let's all show support for Garnet Canuck who is one of many who do a great job here of doing the right thing.

You're welcome to voice any concerns with GodZilla if you wish, but I'm sure my views (and Garnet Canuck's) reflect his wishes.

I wouldn't be surprised that this thread is deleted in favour of safety , but for now I'll leave it open.

Colin.

Old 03-12-2007, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by Msedanman
Garnet Canuck is correct in saying that this thread subject is unsafe and wrong......and BTW -- this decision is left up to the discretion of each and every moderator , so abuse of priviledges is not an issue here.

Decisions like this are made in the best interest of everyone and follow the basic beliefs and credo of G35Driver.com.

The functions in the Navi that are disallowed are done that way by Nissan for a reason -- A very important one: safety.

So let's all show support for Garnet Canuck who is one of many who do a great job here of doing the right thing.

You're welcome to voice any concerns with GodZilla if you wish, but I'm sure my views (and Garnet Canuck's) reflect his wishes.

I wouldn't be surprised that this thread is deleted in favour of safety , but for now I'll leave it open.

Colin.

What is safety these days anyways? When you get in a car and go on the open road Y-O-U A-R-E N-O L-O-N-G-E-R S-A-F-E. you can be next to someone high on PCP and u wouldnt even know..i.e. DRUNK DRIVERS. If your worried about safety than pushing buttons on your dash should be the last thing on your mind.

anyways i personally show support for Garnet Canuck's opinion on this matter (at the end of the day its probably the right thing to do and the right way to view this thread)

Old 03-12-2007, 01:15 PM
gao

Colin.

Hey Colin, while I agree there should be an official stance for safety(probably should be in the EULA when registering), I do sincerely wish this thread not be deleted. The only reason why this website is so frequently used is because there's great information as well as a good community, hence the ad $$ to the owners. If this site is no longer the leading place to gather and share info, people will leave. But the main point is not that but the issue of parenting adults. Let people decide if they want to void their warranty and how to live their lives. Because of the popularity of G35driver right now, I hope there won't be a development of superiority attitude among admins, which I'm sure thats not the case right now.

That being said, lets not make this thread any more serious than it already is. I hope NewMexicoG is not scared away from posting anymore. We want his expertise....

Last edited by gao; 03-12-2007 at 01:22 PM.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:27 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by gao
Hey Colin, while I agree there should be an official stance for safety, I do sincerely wish this thread not be deleted. The only reason why this website is so frequently used is because there's great information as well as a good community, hence the ad $$ to the owners. If this site is no longer the leading place to gather and share info, people will leave. But the main point is not that but the issue of parenting adults. Let people decide if they want to void their warranty and how to live their lives. Because of the popularity of G35driver right now, I hope there won't be a development of superiority attitude among admins, which I'm sure thats not the case right now.

That being said, lets not make this thread any more serious than it already is. I hope NewMexicoG is not scared away from posting anymore. We want his expertise....
Fair enough.......and we certainly don't want to come across as a team of 'SS'.......but safety is a concern for us and sometimes doing the right thing is not very popular.
The other thing of course is the appearance of condoning which could jeopardize this site legally......
We went thru this recently with the subject of pirating copies of shop manuals etc.-- so we have to be very careful.

I'm sure everyone can understand that....so let's be careful when we discuss things like this.

The thread is left open with the understanding that it is in no way condoned by G35Driver and that we in no way wish any harm to our members due to unsafe practices.

Colin.

Old 03-12-2007, 02:22 PM
gao
The other thing of course is the appearance of condoning which could jeopardize this site legally......

Colin.

How about adding what you said as a disclaimer at the top or bottom of the Table of Forum contents page, as well as an agreement sign off when registering?

Old 03-12-2007, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by gao
myself but for my g/f or friends cooped up during a long distance journey or be able play from my own huge mp3 libraries since I dont have a CF reader.

Wait, so the audio inputs are locked out too????? That sucks. I counted on using the audio inputs for an IPod i will be buying soon.

Old 03-12-2007, 03:08 PM
gao
Originally Posted by mantar
Wait, so the audio inputs are locked out too????? That sucks. I counted on using the audio inputs for an IPod i will be buying soon.

not sure about the audio, but it would be nice to have the music info too. I'm planning to buy the Cowon A3 when it comes out.

Old 03-12-2007, 03:10 PM
Hi Guys,
I didn't mean to start a great fuss with this thread . As I stated initially, my plan was to put an aftermarket Nav system in the car. In order for that to work, I needed to be able to see it while I drove the car. I completed my install this last weekend and i must say that I'm pretty happy with the results.

I bought the Garmin GVN 52 and installed it in the trunk. I was able to pull all the power I needed from the Tel Adapter wiring loom and run the three phono cables under the carpet and up into the console. The antenna is magnetic and installed neatly on top of the metal and underneath the carpet covering the rear shelf. The Nav unit is mounted to the trunk lining just behind the light for access to the SD card. The Nav is programmed from anywhere in the car with an RF remote and then navigates with typical Garmin views and directions on the screen/stereo. If I want to listen to radio or CD the Nav quietly goes on about it's business in the background. As soon as I am unsure of a direction I select Aux and am able to see the mapping and hear prompts. The unit bases day/night settings on the time and location and switches the display accordingly.

Given that this is an aftermarket unit, I'm so much happier that I am able to use the screen that already exists in the dash. Not to mention that the birds eye view from the Garmin looks great on a 7" screen. While defeating the interlocks could always be abused, I honestly feel that this is a valid use for the Aux inputs and a useful way for people to add Nav to their G's for $400.

If someone can tell me where to host pictures I'll try and get some stuff in here to show the results and highlight some of the steps. I'm not going to pull everything out again but if anyone has questions I'll do my best to answer them.

Old 03-12-2007, 03:10 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by mantar
The audio inputs are fine, it is just the video input that is locked while the car is in motion.

Old 03-14-2007, 05:10 PM
gao
Originally Posted by NewMexicoG
Hey NewMexicoG, do you mind sending me your info on how to do this? The weather is getting better and was hoping to do it this weekend... thanks in advance!

awkng@hotmail.com

Old 03-14-2007, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
The audio inputs are fine, it is just the video input that is locked while the car is in motion.
Has anyone had trouble with the audio inputs only playing from the drivers side??

Old 03-14-2007, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by gao
Hey NewMexicoG, do you mind sending me your info on how to do this? The weather is getting better and was hoping to do it this weekend... thanks in advance!

awkng@hotmail.com
When he sends it to you, get it over to me....LOL

Old 03-16-2007, 08:34 AM
gao
Originally Posted by dr_strange2001
Yea.. me too!! should be a sticky! hahahahaha...

lol..... shhhh!!!! havent u learnt your lesson??

Old 03-16-2007, 08:43 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by dr_strange2001
Yea.. me too!! should be a sticky! hahahahaha...
Bro, whether you are joking or not.....give a rest with the sticky crap!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Defeated Non-Nav Auxillary Lockout