G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Heated Seat Solution

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 09:07 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by mikepro
Well, here is an update. I can confirm that the passenger seat and back now both heat. Also, it seems that the drivers seat was more powerful on high. I couldn't really tell however, since it was about 50 degrees out when I picked up the car. I'll try and do some more testing when it gets cooler and report as to the performance.
Thanks for update Mike. Did they happen to mention when they thought this would be an official TSB?

Old 03-13-2007, 08:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Thanks for update Mike. Did they happen to mention when they thought this would be an official TSB?
My guy said he thought it should be generally available in about a month. I think we all need to understand that it takes time for a problem like this to filter back to Infiniti, be verified as a real issue, investigate how wide spread it is, are all of the problems the same, come up with a solution, test the solution, have the parts manufactured, issue the TSB. Unfortunately, heated seat weather will be pretty much over by the time everybody starts getting the fix. Wait a minute... nothing unfortunate about that, so long winter!

Old 03-13-2007, 08:37 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by mikepro
My guy said he thought it should be generally available in about a month. I think we all need to understand that it takes time for a problem like this to filter back to Infiniti, be verified as a real issue, investigate how wide spread it is, are all of the problems the same, come up with a solution, test the solution, have the parts manufactured, issue the TSB. Unfortunately, heated seat weather will be pretty much over by the time everybody starts getting the fix. Wait a minute... nothing unfortunate about that, so long winter!
Good stuff, thanks Mike for all of your updates. And I completely agree that people need to realize that it takes time for a TSB to be issued.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:58 AM
Yo is anybody having this problem with the 06, because my car also is having problems with the heated seats. It mostly doesn't work at all.

Old 03-13-2007, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by omasica
Yo is anybody having this problem with the 06, because my car also is having problems with the heated seats. It mostly doesn't work at all.
Maybe you'll get a response if you post in the 2006 MY forum -- most folks here have a 07G (and I doubt many moved from a 06 G - that's too much of a depreciation hit to take !!)

Old 03-18-2007, 09:15 PM
Well, I've have a bit more experience with the heated seats after getting the TSB fix. Driver's side high is definitely hotter and faster than before. The low actually seems like it might be slightly lower than before. I can now leave it on and the seat seems to stay warm, but not too hot. No experience as a passenger, other than to say both seat and cushion now heat at the same time, and seem fine.

So, all in all, I think the fix is good!

Old 03-18-2007, 11:06 PM
I hope they get the TSB out before global warming makes heated seat irrelevant.

Old 03-19-2007, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by G35MD
I hope they get the TSB out before global warming makes heated seat irrelevant.
i am not very confident.

Old 03-21-2007, 03:37 PM
Heated Seat Update

I just heard from my dealer. I guess they are getting the parts early next week. Here is the email I received:

Mr. Harris

The Information we have been waiting for was released yesterday March 21, we have parts on order and should be here early next week.

If you would like we can set up an appointment now and reserve a loaner for you, or I will contact when they arrive.

Thanks again for your patience

I set up my appointment for Wednesday.

My dealer is great. I love these guys

Old 03-21-2007, 08:23 PM
Cool, congrats. Good dealers are awesome. Maybe you will be #2 in the country to get the fix!

Old 03-21-2007, 09:01 PM
Hopefully. The head service guy said that they were the first to report the problem in the entire country (not sure if that was completely true though)

Old 03-21-2007, 11:47 PM
I talked to my dealership here in Canada (where we really need the seat warmers!) and they know about the fix and have ordered the harness. It should be in next week... with the fix for my door handle. It looks like there are more than a few broken door handles out there... they said it was a common problem on the 07's

Old 03-22-2007, 08:21 AM
Originally Posted by PiDD
I talked to my dealership here in Canada (where we really need the seat warmers!) and they know about the fix and have ordered the harness. It should be in next week... with the fix for my door handle. It looks like there are more than a few broken door handles out there... they said it was a common problem on the 07's
Whoa. I have been to Winnipeg a few times, it is cold there. A friend of mine is from Thunder Bay.

Old 03-22-2007, 08:29 AM
Bad Toro
Originally Posted by sjharris
I just heard from my dealer. I guess they are getting the parts early next week. Here is the email I received:

Mr. Harris

The Information we have been waiting for was released yesterday March 21, we have parts on order and should be here early next week.

If you would like we can set up an appointment now and reserve a loaner for you, or I will contact when they arrive.

Thanks again for your patience

I set up my appointment for Wednesday.

My dealer is great. I love these guys
Yup. Their service department was one of the biggest reasons why I went back to them with my second G purchase. I'll let you be the guinea pig before I take mine in though....

Old 03-22-2007, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by SPEEED
Yup. Their service department was one of the biggest reasons why I went back to them with my second G purchase. I'll let you be the guinea pig before I take mine in though....
LOL. The guinea pig!

I will let you know how it goes. I didn't even have to call them to find out, as soon as they got the news on the 21st they reached out to me. A HUGE difference from every other dealership I have dealt with. I am a huge fan and when I start to look for a new SUV (mine is an 03 with 130K on it) I think I may go there to look at an FX.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Heated Seat Solution