G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 10:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Extended Warranty

I got a PM about my extended warranty and after writing a lengthy response, I thought it would be useful to share it with everyone.

Originally Posted by randman
In one of your posts, you mentioned that you got a 7yr/100K extended warranty. I have some questions:

1. Is this warranty directly from Infiniti?

2. How much did you pay for it?

3. Where are you located? Just wondering, since it might be easier to get a better deal on the extended warranty if there are multiple Infiniti dealers from where you are. For me there is only one dealer, which is about 50 miles away. The next dealer is 90 miles away.

4. I assume it doesn't matter where you get the warranty from since it's good for all Infiniti dealers?

I actually asked the dealer about it when negotiating for my car, and he wasn't even interested in trying to sell it to me. I don't know why.... maybe he was more interested in getting me to lease the car even though I told him I wanted to buy it outright.

Thanks,

Randy
You can purchase through any Infiniti dealer and it is honored by any Infiniti dealer. You can purchase up to the time your original runs out, but the cost goes up as you wait. They include towing to the closest Infiniti, even several hundred miles, and transportation/hotel costs while stranded. I can use that benefit while I'm still in original warranty. It's also transferable to a new owner for a $50(?) fee. I wouldn't buy if you plan to get into another car before the warranty runs out, but I plan to keep it and give it to my son for his first car in 6 years, so I don't want unexpected costs. Also with it being a new redesign and having all the electronics in it, replacing any of that would be pay for the extended warranty right there. If your dealer is not interested in selling one, you can call any dealer in the country and ask about buying it. For my wife's Acura, we bought the extended warranty from a dealer in NY that sells it cheaply online and we're in the SF, CA area. You don't even need to have the paperwork. Any dealer can look up your VIN and see your warranty in their system.

I had to go through the finance manager even for my all cash sale and it was his job to sell it to me for as much as possible. He started at $2800+ for 7 yr / 100K / 0 deduct. I countered with $1000 and we finally settled on $1600. My wife's Acura was $1600+ 2 years ago.

I think it's worthwhile if you're planning to keep the car for many years.

Old 03-06-2007, 09:13 AM
G35MD - thanks for the information. Yes, it's nice to have an "insurance policy" for 7 years. Even though the standard powertrain warranty is good for 6 years, I supposse a lot of other things can go wrong. My previous car had miscellaneous issues. With my previous car, even replacing the heating element in the driver's heated seat was in the hundreds.

I don't think I'll reach 100k within 7 years. Question - is the Infiniti warranty pretty much the same; i.e. 7 yr/100k/0 deductible? Or does Infiniti offer different "options" to their extended warranty?

Also, I'm in NY state. Which dealer in NY sold you your warranty?

Thanks.

Old 03-06-2007, 01:08 PM
I'm in NY also. Bought mine from Competition Infiniti on Long Island.

I can't remember the exact price of the extended warranty but it was around $1,500.

Old 03-06-2007, 03:12 PM
Originally Posted by G35MD
I got a PM about my extended warranty and after writing a lengthy response, I thought it would be useful to share it with everyone.

You can purchase through any Infiniti dealer and it is honored by any Infiniti dealer. You can purchase up to the time your original runs out, but the cost goes up as you wait. They include towing to the closest Infiniti, even several hundred miles, and transportation/hotel costs while stranded. I can use that benefit while I'm still in original warranty. It's also transferable to a new owner for a $50(?) fee. I wouldn't buy if you plan to get into another car before the warranty runs out, but I plan to keep it and give it to my son for his first car in 6 years, so I don't want unexpected costs. Also with it being a new redesign and having all the electronics in it, replacing any of that would be pay for the extended warranty right there. If your dealer is not interested in selling one, you can call any dealer in the country and ask about buying it. For my wife's Acura, we bought the extended warranty from a dealer in NY that sells it cheaply online and we're in the SF, CA area. You don't even need to have the paperwork. Any dealer can look up your VIN and see your warranty in their system.

I had to go through the finance manager even for my all cash sale and it was his job to sell it to me for as much as possible. He started at $2800+ for 7 yr / 100K / 0 deduct. I countered with $1000 and we finally settled on $1600. My wife's Acura was $1600+ 2 years ago.

I think it's worthwhile if you're planning to keep the car for many years.
do you remember the dealer in ny that you purchased the warranty from?

never mind, i just realized that was for your acura

Old 03-07-2007, 05:24 PM
I am in the San Francisco area and I just purchased it from my dealer when I finalized the deal on the car. You can purchased from any Infiniti dealer and just provide them the VIN.

(In my original post, I said I bought an Acura warranty from a dealer in Buffalo NY for my wife's Acura MDX)

There are other options such as $50 and $100 deductible to reduce the cost of the warranty. They also have other yrs and miles options, but i was interested in 7yr/100K and didn't pay attention to what the other options were.

It's officially called the "Elite Infiniti Extended Protection Plan" and you should be able to get a brochure about it from any dealer. They gave me the brochure as i was negotiating the price on it.

Old 03-07-2007, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the information! The Infiniti web page really doesn't say much about the Extended warranty, and it's good to know as much as possible prior to dealing with the dealers. Thanks!

Old 03-08-2007, 09:46 AM
G35MD - What price did you get them down to on the 7-year/100,000 mile warranty? What is your deductable?

Old 03-08-2007, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by butterwm
G35MD - What price did you get them down to on the 7-year/100,000 mile warranty? What is your deductable?
he mentioned it above

"I had to go through the finance manager even for my all cash sale and it was his job to sell it to me for as much as possible. He started at $2800+ for 7 yr / 100K / 0 deduct. I countered with $1000 and we finally settled on $1600. My wife's Acura was $1600+ 2 years ago."

Old 03-28-2007, 02:57 PM
I usually by our cars cash, no loans, and drive them 7-10 years so the extended warranties make sense for us.

Old 03-28-2007, 03:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by G35MD
I usually by our cars cash, no loans, and drive them 7-10 years so the extended warranties make sense for us.
Your coupe didn't last too long