G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Weathertech trunk liner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 03:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Thanks for the pics randman!! That weathertech mat looks like it fits perfectly. I think I will have to go ahead and order one.

I notice in the last picture your car has the spots where the second net is fastened in my trunk but no hooks. I wonder why they ship with different accessories in the US than we get in Canada.

Attached Thumbnails Weathertech trunk liner-img_0123.jpg  
Old 03-24-2007, 03:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ChristianN
I notice in the last picture your car has the spots where the second net is fastened in my trunk but no hooks.
Thanks. Good to know. I was just wondering earlier if that's where the 2nd net goes. So, the net only needs two spots to anchor itself in?

It looks as if the plastic covers that cover the holes can snap right out (I didn't want to pry them out yet though). I may have to search online to see if I can get the 2nd net. That's an area of the trunk that wouldn't normally hold something but is good to have for smaller items.

Originally Posted by ChristianN
I wonder why they ship with different accessories in the US than we get in Canada.
Yes, that's interesting. Maybe the small net is needed to store hockey pucks? Seriously, though it would have been nice to get the 2nd net, and the daytime running lights (my insurance company charges me about $26 per year more without them.... plus studies have shown they decrease accidents, at least statistically speaking).

Randy

Old 03-24-2007, 03:44 PM
Nice catch on the plastic locations but no hooks ChristianN. That really is too weird given the cost is likely just 'nickels' for them to include the hooks...and the net for that matter.

On the subject of cargo net cost...I notice from this and other threads that the full size cargo nets are options in the U.S. What is the cost of the cargo net (full size) as an option in the U.S.?

Old 03-24-2007, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by 'G'TA
Nice catch on the plastic locations but no hooks ChristianN. That really is too weird given the cost is likely just 'nickels' for them to include the hooks...and the net for that matter.

On the subject of cargo net cost...I notice from this and other threads that the full size cargo nets are options in the U.S. What is the cost of the cargo net (full size) as an option in the U.S.?

The full size trunk cargo net, as of last December, was $50 (US) MSRP and $37 dealer cost. I have a feeling that most cars sold in the U.S. come equipped with one. That was the one option I didn't specifically ask for, but the cars that the dealer had all came with it. But, it turned out to be a nice option.

Old 03-24-2007, 04:59 PM
Just picked up my car yesterday evening. (pictures have been posted in new owners forum) Good to see I installed the cargo net correctly..lol..it was late. I had a quick glance at the smaller net that was included but it did not seem to stretch and fit the hooks. Any Canadian owners with pictures would be great. Also is that your manual or first aid kit that I see attached to your left side trunk Randman? (how did you attach it) Curious what most owners received with the vehicle (manual and first aid kit) and if there is a difference in Canada vs. US.

Old 03-24-2007, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by Canadian Driver
Just picked up my car yesterday evening. (pictures have been posted in new owners forum) Good to see I installed the cargo net correctly..lol..it was late. I had a quick glance at the smaller net that was included but it did not seem to stretch and fit the hooks. Any Canadian owners with pictures would be great. Also is that your manual or first aid kit that I see attached to your left side trunk Randman? (how did you attach it) Curious what most owners received with the vehicle (manual and first aid kit) and if there is a difference in Canada vs. US.
American buyers get a first aid kit and a really cheap looking zippercase with velcro on the back for the manual. At least my manual folder is leather.

Old 03-24-2007, 06:05 PM
Here's a picture.

Attached Thumbnails Weathertech trunk liner-picture-001.jpg  
Old 03-24-2007, 06:25 PM
Good pic...it proves a) Canucks get the little baby net and; b) that the small net CAN actually be attached!

I bet that jug is in there pretty tight...I helped my buddy install his small net and it was brutal to get it stretched hook to hook!

Old 03-24-2007, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by 'G'TA
Good pic...it proves a) Canucks get the little baby net and; b) that the small net CAN actually be attached!

I bet that jug is in there pretty tight...I helped my buddy install his small net and it was brutal to get it stretched hook to hook!
It is much easier to install if you hook in on before the larger net as it isn't very flexible. The bottle is definitely snug, but it goes in and out fairly easily

Old 03-24-2007, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by Canadian Driver
Also is that your manual or first aid kit that I see attached to your left side trunk Randman? (how did you attach it) Curious what most owners received with the vehicle (manual and first aid kit) and if there is a difference in Canada vs. US.
That's the first aid kit. Both the first aid kit and the case with the manuals (which wasn't in the trunk when I took the pictures) can velcro against the trunk wall. Pretty nifty. No need to take up room in the glove compartment or in the "secret" compartment.

Old 03-24-2007, 08:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I got my Weathertech trunk liner today...

It fits great and the lip is high. Overall, it is a nice product, just as randman stated earlier. In fact, I took some photos of the liner and how it fits in the trunk, just to find out that virtually identical photos had already been posted.

Old 03-24-2007, 09:53 PM
Just an FYI for Canadian drivers who are thinking of getting the "U.S." net - the "U.S." net is also "netted" at the bottom; i.e. it doesn't just hold items up against the back of the trunk, it also holds them from the bottom. Granted, heavier items will rest against the floor of the trunk, but the netting at the bottom prevents items from falling off the net. I previously thought that the "Canadian" net also supported items at the bottom, but based on ChristianN's photo, it only holds items up against the trunk. I still think it would be nice to have both nets, though. The rear right corner of the trunk is a great way to hold up extra windshield washer fluid in the winter time.

Old 03-24-2007, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by randman
I got the WeatherTech trunk liner today!
That's it, I definitely getting one. Thanks for the photos. I thought about ordering one a month or two ago but never saw a photo until now. Thanks!

Old 03-24-2007, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by randman
Just an FYI for Canadian drivers who are thinking of getting the "U.S." net - the "U.S." net is also "netted" at the bottom; i.e. it doesn't just hold items up against the back of the trunk, it also holds them from the bottom. Granted, heavier items will rest against the floor of the trunk, but the netting at the bottom prevents items from falling off the net. I previously thought that the "Canadian" net also supported items at the bottom, but based on ChristianN's photo, it only holds items up against the trunk. I still think it would be nice to have both nets, though. The rear right corner of the trunk is a great way to hold up extra windshield washer fluid in the winter time.
You can only see the small net the photo I posted and the big net isn't the same. It opens up and supports things from the bottom, it doesn't just press against the back of the trunk like the washer fluid net.

Old 03-25-2007, 12:09 AM
Regarding the nets, I think there's a bit of confusion. ChristianN was just trying to show a pic of the corner net that we get here in Canada that comes in addition to the regular net. That corner unit appears to be unique to Canadian models - but we also get the same full size net (with the bottom in it) that goes across the trunk (and it's included, not an optional item).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Weathertech trunk liner