G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Im really beating myself up over this one

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 11:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by logik05se
believe me...i know all about bumper to bumper traffic with a stick. I live in brooklyn ny and travel the belt parkway to work. Ive had 2 sticks before my G as well so I really do know. As far as my friends saying anything I could care less what people say, espcially that 95% of them cant drive a stick lol. I think im leaning like 75% towards the auto though, im going to have to test drive both and see what it comes down too.

Thanks for the replys everyone.
My little sister lives in Brooklyn. I thought there was nothing but cabs in that town!? How do you cope with all of the dents and scuffs on your car in that city, it would drive me nuts. I’ve never seen a nice shiny brand new car in NYC without at least two dents or scuffs.

During my years in SoCal on the 405 during rush hours, I learned to love the Auto. Stick is cool but it's just not practical for me. The paddle shifters are very cool.

95% can't drive a stick in an understatement, 75% can't drive. My brother-in-law is bike message and has never driven a car in his life. I had to chuckle when he came to Kansas City (Overland Park, KS) for the first time. You think of people taking pictures of tall building, landmarks or the ocean while on vacation. He was taking picture of the houses with large yards and parks. It's like he never saw grass and trees before. Just joking about the NY comments, it's very cool city, I coming in a few weeks and really enjoy it, except for the scruffs and dents.

Good luck with your choice

Old 03-27-2007, 11:53 AM
gotta go stick

Old 03-27-2007, 12:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you're the only driver (i.e. no wife, no bf, no gf, whatever your flavor), then it sounds like you've made the decision to go with the manual. If of course you have either of those listed, then enjoy the automatic with sport-tronic/paddle shifters. I submit to you this: The power of the G35, when shifting the manual (depending on driver and type of driving desired) can really jolt a person. If you’re single and don’t give a crap, manual it is. On the other hand, if you don’t mind the jolt of passengers, then get the manual. Nothing but fluid shifting with the auto. Enjoy either way.

Old 03-27-2007, 01:02 PM
My auto will spin the tires in 2nd gear. Fluid shifting undernormal conditions, yes which is great. Not at all lacking excitement.

Old 03-27-2007, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by kmuniz78
If you're the only driver (i.e. no wife, no bf, no gf, whatever your flavor), then it sounds like you've made the decision to go with the manual. If of course you have either of those listed, then enjoy the automatic with sport-tronic/paddle shifters. I submit to you this: The power of the G35, when shifting the manual (depending on driver and type of driving desired) can really jolt a person. If you’re single and don’t give a crap, manual it is. On the other hand, if you don’t mind the jolt of passengers, then get the manual. Nothing but fluid shifting with the auto. Enjoy either way.
Not necessarily .... once you get a hang of the clutch, you can get pretty smooth shifts in this manual.

If you are manual noob, then this car may not be the easiest to master.
For someone that already knows to drive a stick, it shouldn't be that much of a problem.

Old 03-27-2007, 01:47 PM
One factor that is interesting that is noted in the description release yesterday by Infiniti of the new coupe [08 G37], that the manual was updated to seperate itself from the '07 Sedan. I am sure this is after the complaints/reviews regarding the manual in the sedan...both in clutch ease and vibration in the stick. That factor alone had me change my planned purchase of the manual and with much hesitation to rethink and purchase the automatic..S model of course.
I am still breaking it in but last week I had to pass a truck and I slightly stepped on the gas and I was absolutely SHOCKED by the speed and power this car did master in a few seconds...exileration beyond my dreams. I am sure what ever your choice you'd be smiling all day long.

Old 03-27-2007, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by EWG35
My auto will spin the tires in 2nd gear. Fluid shifting undernormal conditions, yes which is great. Not at all lacking excitement.

yea? autos will chirp second? I find that hard to believe, not saying that your lying but ive never heard or seen that in my life unless the tranny was slipping lol like in my 91 legend.

Old 03-27-2007, 04:07 PM
yea? autos will chirp second? I find that hard to believe, not saying that your lying but ive never heard or seen that in my life unless the tranny was slipping lol like in my 91 legend.
OK, you caught me, I'm a liar. That's what I do.

Did your legend have 306 HP? I've heard many muscle cars over the years with much less HP that the G get 2nd gear. There is a curved road near my office which is gravel imbedded grey asphalt (not loose gravel) which is very rough and I fish tailed a bit in second gear the first time I hit it hard. The G is only 2 one hundreths of a second slower than the stock Corvette to 60, according to the magazines. I don't have a 1/4 mile track in my back yard and it would look a little silly taking my sedan to the race track so I'll never know for sure but it will break the tires. (no I don't mean a burn out!

Old 03-28-2007, 12:02 AM
OK, you caught me, I'm a liar. That's what I do.

Did your legend have 306 HP? I've heard many muscle cars over the years with much less HP that the G get 2nd gear. There is a curved road near my office which is gravel imbedded grey asphalt (not loose gravel) which is very rough and I fish tailed a bit in second gear the first time I hit it hard. The G is only 2 one hundreths of a second slower than the stock Corvette to 60, according to the magazines. I don't have a 1/4 mile track in my back yard and it would look a little silly taking my sedan to the race track so I'll never know for sure but it will break the tires. (no I don't mean a burn out!
ok there buddy no need to get offended i said it more out of suprise then anything...because ive never even seen auto corvettes chirp second. If the car does that then its cool. no one called you and your rocket ship a liar.

Old 03-28-2007, 10:29 AM
ok there buddy no need to get offended i said it more out of suprise then anything...because ive never even seen auto corvettes chirp second. If the car does that then its cool. no one called you and your rocket ship a liar.
I know you didn't. Note the little guy with he blue face rolling his eyes with a semi smile. ( )

Old 03-28-2007, 10:31 AM
I know you didn't. Note the little guy with he blue face rolling his eyes with a semi smile. ( )

oh ok sorry then, i misunderstood...either way sick that an auto chirps...thats more then half the reason i like stick.

Old 03-28-2007, 11:13 AM
No offense -- but that smiley ( ) is used to indicate sarcasm
For something like a "Yeah right" kind of response.

If you wanted to convey humor, you could've used one of these

Again just an observation -- peace

Old 03-28-2007, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by max2k1

Point taken. I'm releasing the doves now. ""

Relax, I'm joking!

Old 03-28-2007, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by max2k1

lol yea thats how i took it...but either way i just got hit between the eyes with the lease payment on the S model....the fkin residual on the S is terrible. Its like 80 bucks more a month then X. And i really really dont want the X. I dont know wtf to do now lol.

Old 03-28-2007, 04:53 PM
Point taken. I'm releasing the doves now. ""

Relax, I'm joking!
You are a quick learner for sure

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Im really beating myself up over this one