G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

HD Radio for G35 '07?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 01:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HD Radio for G35 '07?

I just got my new g35 today and I'm wondering if there is an HD Radio adapter? I got hooked on HD Radio when I installed a JVC receiver in my civic and would like to have the same HD Radio in my new g35.

I prefer it over XM and etc and sometimes the Radio is better than anything else (MP3s, cds...you know).

I've tried searching (crutchfields, google, some forums...) around and haven't come across anything that is usable.

Anyways, thanks!

I found this...
Think this will be the closest I would get. Was hoping to see something that was integrated into the main display
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-XdmeCHC...650&I=60744000

Last edited by bfspider; 03-28-2007 at 01:56 PM.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:19 PM
How does HD radio sound compared to XM?

Old 03-28-2007, 03:34 PM
Problem with radio is the programming. You can pick what you want to listen to on XM/Sirius. That is what got me hooked.

Old 03-28-2007, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by SammyWah
i assume it would have to sound much better as XM sound quality in my G is not very good. It is worse than the Sirius I have in my SUV (and I have that transmitting via a wired FM transmitter)

Old 03-28-2007, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by SammyWah
I think the only difference is the programming and that HD is free. You just need to buy the receiver. I live in the Los Angeles area, so, just about every radio station and their mother broadcasts in HD.

To me, it sounds like I'm listening to the radio from a CD. What is nice about HD, is that there are sub channels from the main station. The sub-channels do not have any commercials. The only thing I hear is the station ID.

Granted, XM and etc. has more to chose from. But, that is why you pay for it .

HD Radio + iPod is just right for me.

Hopefully, I can find an adapter that will work with my new car.

Old 03-28-2007, 04:48 PM
I think XM sounds great - almost CD quality...
Maybe you're antenna is funky or something.

Old 03-28-2007, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by G-Whizzer
I think XM sounds great - almost CD quality...
Maybe you're antenna is funky or something.
it is installed on the car (from infiniti

Old 03-28-2007, 07:19 PM
I guess I was just commenting on your not liking the XM sound in the G.
I think it's pretty amazing - maybe it depends on the music type...

But it rivals CD quailty IMHO.

Old 03-29-2007, 08:37 AM
Maybe there is something wrong with my setup. I find the music pretty flat when I listen to XM. And then my iPod has a werid hissing sound too (I think I need to get a new cable).

I love the car though, and the navigation.

Old 03-29-2007, 09:07 AM
Originally Posted by sjharris
Maybe there is something wrong with my setup. I find the music pretty flat when I listen to XM. And then my iPod has a werid hissing sound too (I think I need to get a new cable).

The hissing ipod has been documented here. You need to buy something called an isolation loop (I think that is what it is called)

Search on "ipod hiss" or "ipod static"

On your other point of XM being flat, people seem to forget that XM allocates varying levels of bandwidth, depending on the individual stations. So while classical may sound good, a 50s station may sound bad.

Old 03-29-2007, 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by GumboChief
The hissing ipod has been documented here. You need to buy something called an isolation loop (I think that is what it is called)

Search on "ipod hiss" or "ipod static"

On your other point of XM being flat, people seem to forget that XM allocates varying levels of bandwidth, depending on the individual stations. So while classical may sound good, a 50s station may sound bad.
yeah. i know it has been documented. with the cable i have (the extremac) i think that it can't be solved with the isolation loop fix. i guess i just bought the wrong cable. no biggie, i just haven't gotten around to buying a different one yet.

i have heard that about xm and the levels of bandwidth. i just find that the corresponding stations sirius vs. xm are not comparable. i am not going to cancel it though as i like the navtraffic. and i like the fact that everything is all integrated.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:15 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Maybe there is something wrong with my setup. I find the music pretty flat when I listen to XM. And then my iPod has a weird hissing sound too (I think I need to get a new cable).

On XM, I notice the same thing too, XM's quality is terrible very flat on all channels, has no highs, none of the channels have clarity, they sound muffled. It's not the G either, I've listed to XM on a 1/2 dozen cars and they all sound like this. Sirius on the other hand is crystal clear, much closer to CD quality.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by kring
On XM, I notice the same thing too, XM's quality is terrible very flat on all channels, has no highs, none of the channels have clarity, they sound muffled. It's not the G either, I've listed to XM on a 1/2 dozen cars and they all sound like this. Sirius on the other hand is crystal clear, much closer to CD quality.
Thanks for the reply. Now I won't bother contacting the dealer at all. I wonder it will be different if the Sirius/XM merger happens.

I may get a separate sirius radio to hook up through the aux-in jacks in the armrest

Old 03-29-2007, 11:13 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Now I won't bother contacting the dealer at all. I wonder it will be different if the Sirius/XM merger happens.

I may get a separate sirius radio to hook up through the aux-in jacks in the armrest

That's what I ended up doing. I have pictures of it on this link, came out really clean.

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...tpost&t=143200

Old 03-29-2007, 11:34 AM
XM Quality sucsk....

but back on topic- anyone know about getting an HD reciever that works with the factory stuff in our cars? I would def be interested in this! Dont think I am going to renew with XM

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HD Radio for G35 '07?