G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

S.O.W. Settings

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 12:57 AM
Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by SPEEED
My bass and treble are cranked all the way up. Fade and Balance are centered.

^^^^^same settings.....

Old 06-17-2007, 04:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by feng
In both home and automotive markets, a lot of companies buy parts from a handful of speaker suppliers. It's not atypical for a large speaker conglomerate to provide cosmetically differentiated parts to competing audio brands. Even most of the highest end home companies buy much if not most of their speakers and cabinets from far eastern suppliers.

Anyway, on the SOW system, the amps, speakers and all signal processing & EQ are from Bose. I know guy who designed the amps sits next door, the main speaker designer seats next to my old office, etc. The headunit is from another Nissan supplier (2 different ones, actually).

John Feng
Bose Corporation
Hmmm,I thought Bose farmed out the production of the tweeters since Bose do not use them (true dome tweeters) in their home division products (not including Westborough series from Japan).

Old 06-17-2007, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by feng
You know guys. If you like it with B&T all the way up, that's just fine.
For those of you who find the range of adjustment insufficient ... I'm sympathetic, but I'll risk being too direct and say your preference is WAY out of what could be considered accurate and we just can't accomodate your needs. Sorry.

Not loud enough? Well, for some people it's like what they say about horsepower (there's never enough). There are some practical considerations for an OEM audio system that come into play here. What do you think Nissan would say if we asked them to put yards of heavier gauge wiring, a second battery and a couple of 1 farad caps? Would most G35 drivers mind carrying around an extra 100lbs just so the audio system could play 3dB louder? Car design is a game of compromises. But each of us has preferences that are rarely perfectly matched by the Nissan designers compromises. That's why there's an aftermarket industry.

Personally, I like the nimblness of the G, and wouldn't want to compromise that for a little more loudness. But, that's just me.

John Feng
Bose Corporation.
Either some of these posters have Cerwin Vegas for home speakers or they spend tooooo much time listening to their 5.1 home theatre setups. Feng is right about shrilling highs and distorted bloated bass not being accurate. For those with the SOW try this for a week. Play the system flat.........for a whole week......resist the temptation to boost the bass or treble........You will appreciate your CDs and the system more..........If not satisfied head down to the nearest aftermarket shop and pray to the sound gods that the kid taking your car apart reassembles it correctly.

Great response Feng on how designing today's cars are filled with compromises.........in all areas including audio.

Old 06-19-2007, 06:42 PM
Home and cars

Originally Posted by longhorn
Hmmm,I thought Bose farmed out the production of the tweeters since Bose do not use them (true dome tweeters) in their home division products (not including Westborough series from Japan).
Home and automotive are 2 different divisions at Bose. The acoustics problems of a room and car are about as different as it gets until you go underwater. Different problems require different solutions.

John Feng
Bose Corporation

Old 06-19-2007, 08:18 PM
Now that I better understand the theory behind the system's design, here's what I've settled on:
Bass- 2 clicks up from flat
Treble - 1 click up from flat
Balance - 1 click to right
Fade - 1 click to rear
Seems to generally preserve the "front bias" the design is going for but makes me feel like the sound is more balanced around me with a little more "bottom."
To each his/her own.....

Old 06-19-2007, 10:03 PM
well at least your changes have a basis in logic and an ultimate goal. i don't think what you did was crazy. i tried something similar and then decided i wanted the highest possible output so i went flat on everything again and just made myself "get used to it"