G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

TWO Phonebooks!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 02:17 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I mentioned this in several older threads, but if you have a Sony Ericsson (perhaps this applies to other phones, too), make sure you remove your memory stick prior to the download. What will happen if you don't is that the car is trying to download EVERYTHING belonging to your contacts. If you're like me and have your camera-phone photos as your contact pictures, the download process will eventually time out and terminate itself. Take the memory stick out, and your download will only take one or two minutes.

Old 07-06-2007, 11:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you don't have Nav, can the G35x download the entire phone book? I don't see that option when I go to Phonebook setup in my car.

How do I transfer a single contact via Bluetooth on the Blackberry 8300?

Old 07-07-2007, 06:43 AM
I manually put all my voice tags in. Apparently, you need the NAV system to take advantage of the two phonebooks feature, so transferring the entire phonebook is not possible for me. In addition, Blackberry does not give you the ability to transfer an individual contact, so I couldn't do that either. Unbelievable. This should be a sticky.

Old 07-07-2007, 11:47 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by mbhforum
I manually put all my voice tags in. Apparently, you need the NAV system to take advantage of the two phonebooks feature, so transferring the entire phonebook is not possible for me. In addition, Blackberry does not give you the ability to transfer an individual contact, so I couldn't do that either. Unbelievable. This should be a sticky.
Intersting, I would think the limitations are on the cell phone, not the car.

Do you have the menu picks in a non-nav car? Can you do step 4 in post 5 of this thread? If so, the car should be capable of taking the download.

Last edited by terrycs; 07-07-2007 at 11:50 AM.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:50 PM
I need to go try, but while reading I wondered - has anyone tried to link to the car directly from a laptop?

Old 07-08-2007, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by terrycs
Intersting, I would think the limitations are on the cell phone, not the car.

Do you have the menu picks in a non-nav car? Can you do step 4 in post 5 of this thread? If so, the car should be capable of taking the download.
Yes, when I go to Phonebook on the car, I don't have the option to Download. Only Edit, List, Add or Delete. My guess is because I don't have Nav with the hard drive capacity (not that it's a big space killer). It's limitations of the car and my phone (can't send a single contact).

Old 02-10-2008, 04:34 PM
Bluetooth transfers from a Smartphone Cing.3125

Very interesting thread. I have not downloaded the previously discussed Software for M/S Mobile 5, but I have been able to Beam #s to the G's phone book, one at a time. I don't have NAV, so I presume I don't have the capacity of the mega transfer. The problem with the beamed transfer : if U have more than 1 phone no. per contact (mobile, home, office, etc.) in your Outlook contacs (that's the conact system I use which Synchs with my cell phone), when the contact is selected on the cell phone, even if you select the proper # to coincide with the Phone book on the G, it transfers the "main" number for that contact from your cell phone. In other words, if I have slected a contact - add mobile number on the G phonebook, select the mobile number from Outlook (cell phone), beam it, and the transfer takes the 'main" number which was not the mobile number for that contact even though I specifically slected the mobile number from the contact list.

I am doing something wrong? Unfortunately, the beaming of numbers needs to be done, one at time. It probably, makes more sense to enter the numbers manually thru the voice command....

Old 02-10-2008, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by almatti
Very interesting thread. I have not downloaded the previously discussed Software for M/S Mobile 5, but I have been able to Beam #s to the G's phone book, one at a time. I don't have NAV, so I presume I don't have the capacity of the mega transfer. The problem with the beamed transfer : if U have more than 1 phone no. per contact (mobile, home, office, etc.) in your Outlook contacs (that's the conact system I use which Synchs with my cell phone), when the contact is selected on the cell phone, even if you select the proper # to coincide with the Phone book on the G, it transfers the "main" number for that contact from your cell phone. In other words, if I have slected a contact - add mobile number on the G phonebook, select the mobile number from Outlook (cell phone), beam it, and the transfer takes the 'main" number which was not the mobile number for that contact even though I specifically slected the mobile number from the contact list.

I am doing something wrong? Unfortunately, the beaming of numbers needs to be done, one at time. It probably, makes more sense to enter the numbers manually thru the voice command....
The software will beam ALL numbers to the car ... every phone number for each contact. The downloaded phone book will order them in the same order (i.e. home first, followed by office, then mobile, etc).

Old 02-11-2008, 02:23 PM
Thanks Terry. Is this true without NAV. I don't have NAV in my car. If so, I will try it tonight (maybe ???.... it's cold outside here in NY today ).

Appreciate the response.

Old 02-11-2008, 04:09 PM

I don't see any reason why it would not work on a non-nav car. Try it and post up your results.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:27 PM
i just uploaded my phonebook to my car...i have a Motorola Q9m...it works flawlessly

I just think that its really stupid that they've disabled scrolling through downloaded phonebook while in motion. They could have atleast made more than 40 entires

Old 04-01-2008, 10:36 PM

I actually can scroll through everything now while in motion with the KP Tech navi bypass module. Even though I can do so, I still prefer to use the voice command software as an option to initiate the call cell phone.

Originally Posted by carz
i just uploaded my phonebook to my car...i have a Motorola Q9m...it works flawlessly

I just think that its really stupid that they've disabled scrolling through downloaded phonebook while in motion. They could have atleast made more than 40 entires

Old 04-01-2008, 11:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I actually can scroll through everything now while in motion with the KP Tech navi bypass module. Even though I can do so, I still prefer to use the voice command software as an option to initiate the call cell phone.

Show off.....

Can't wait till he puts those up for sale.

Nice find on the JETware Mobile software. I quickly lost interest uploading them one at a time. This made it much easier.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Terry,

Does the KP Tech navi bypass module disable the speed sensor? If so, do you find that the nav gets out of whack with your actual position? Does it recover its position quickly?

Old 04-02-2008, 12:49 AM

sorry .. off topic response ...

Yes, it disables the VSS as long as you are inputing data. It automatically re-engages a few seconds after you are done. The navi is frozen until it re-engages then it re-aquires in about 5 seconds or less. I tested it by keeping the bypass on for about a couple of miles and it had no difficulty relocating the correct map position.

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
Terry,

Does the KP Tech navi bypass module disable the speed sensor? If so, do you find that the nav gets out of whack with your actual position? Does it recover its position quickly?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TWO Phonebooks!