G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Prep guy is a HACK!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 07:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
Good eye.... yeah, that's a telephone reflection.
If that was the mark, I would have seen that at midnight without lights!
Hey Aeson, bought mine at Inskip too. I bought mine later on in the day, so by the time they had finished waxing/buffing it, it was dark out. Out in the sun, i saw mad holograms. So i mentioned it to service when i went back for the 3M. They made it all better for me

They've got a younger kid who does an absolute flawless amazing job. I think his name was Jon, but not certain. He's the only one i'll let touch my car.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:26 AM
Its pretty much standard for the dealers to wash/wax the car before delivery. The guys who are working usually have a number of cars to get out of the way.... and they take max 15-20 minutes each. On my last new car purchase.... i refused to take delivery for two days. If you ever do that... you will be surprised what distances dealer will go to get that car out of the lot and into your garage. I still say if its dark outside and you cant check out the car inside out... dont pick it up.

Dealer will fix your car so dont worry.... most new cars owner are surveyed by Nissan and other research groups.... and dealer wont risk getting spanked by Nissan!!!! They have to maintain certain satisfaction numbers.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:28 AM
I actually asked that they not wash it when I picked it up. It looked clean, I walked around it for 5 minutes or so and really looked it over, and certainly didn't need it waxed or the sealant they tried to sell me. I said no thanks, I'll go home and spend two hours Zainoing it. The woman (they had a separate sales person/rep try to sell the undercoating and paint sealant after I closed the deal) said she didn't know you could do that at home.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:39 AM
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
It was still light out when I took delivery, but this only appears when the sunlight hits it at just the right angle.
I can't see it when it's in my driveway (still light out, just not in the sun)
and I can't see it in the garage while using a flashlight.

Needed to be in the sun, in just the right way.... and of course, that was not during delivery time.
Do you think that maybe the dealership missed it also? If it's that hard to see, it could have been an honest mistake.

I think you have a great looking car. But if I were you, I would pick my battles with the dealership carefully ... they will probably fix this issue for you without even putting up a fight and next time when you really need something done you can beat them senseless

Old 04-12-2007, 09:49 AM
Don't feel too bad -- I have the SAME EXACT swirl marks in the SAME EXACT spot! I too didn't notice mine until I parked under a light at the mall.

I need to find a good detail shop in Cleveland -- anyone here know of any?

Old 04-12-2007, 06:17 PM
since you bought the car so recently you haven't yet taken the manufacturer survey (they will call you within ten days). The sales guy should know that, and you giving him all high scores should be dependent on how he handles this. that will motivate him to get it fixed. i'd politely comment on that if he's not giving you the time of day. good luck, they should fix that (but honestly, i don't think having a 3rd party fix it and billing them is something any dealer would agree to if you're already complaining about their service).

Old 04-12-2007, 06:55 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Haven't taken the survey yet.
They tried to work with me, but we couldn't come to an agreement.
I'm going to hand polish it myself and if I can't get it perfect, they agreed to fix the problem.

Anyone else notice in my pics, they forgot my Splash Gurads as well.

Noticed it this morning.

They're shipping a set up to me.

Unbelievable.

Old 04-12-2007, 06:57 PM
nail em on the survey if they dont get it right. it affects EVERYTHING.

i dont normally go the vindictive route because working in the industry is HARD (I know because I did). but there's bad service and it deserves a response from the consumer.

you might want to take it to a pro to get advice on getting the swirls out. if you rub too hard you could burn the clearcoat and make it worse.

Old 04-12-2007, 07:40 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Okay.. I got a little time to type now.

I forwarded the pics to my sales guy and he called me.
He said that they would fix the swirl, but he left me with no feeling of confidence. He also could not go into details as to who, and how this would be fixed.
Moving onto the Splash Guards, although I ordered them and they are on the order form, he claimed that I never paid for them.
Strange how all numbers matched when I took delivery, and my numbers included those guards.
He said they are $140- and have an invoice of $109. He said, come down with a check for $127 (meeting halfway in price) and we'll install them with no labor charge.
I said they were part of my order, you forgot them, and I refuse to pay you anything.
I'm out a Saturday afternoon, have to spend a half tank of gas and 150 miles round trip to get there,and I have to pay you??????

He had me speak to the manager, Mannie.
Mannie says, no charge, when can you get here.

I ask how he plans on correcting the swirl and he says he'll have someone pressure wash the car and buff it out.
Again, I'm worried.

I explained that I'm afraid of letting them touch it again and he understands.
He agreed to let me work on it and if I'm not satisfied, they'll correct it.
He's seen the pics and knows why I'm upset.

As for the guards, he offered to have someone drive up, but I kindly refused.
I said, your guys worry me, I'll install them myself.
They're shipping them up.

If this Jon guy is really that good, then maybe it's worth the trip down.
I wonder if he's there on Saturdays.

Anyway, I have no idea what to do at this point.
They're trying to work with me, but at the same time, showing absolutely no remorse, and I think that is what is upsetting me the most.

Should I have them buff it out?
I'm worries about what they will screw up next.
Will they let me stand there and watch them?

I'm worries they won't remove the swirl, rather just fill it with a swirl hidding Zaino Z-5 like polish.
I could do that myself.

Thoughts?
Am I out of line?
Going overboard?
Paranoid???

Old 04-12-2007, 07:48 PM
you're not paranoid. i wouldnt be satisfied on confident with the way they are handling things either. do they have a customer care advisor? you may want to speak with the general manager (not general SALES manager) of the store and ask for some better treatment and a guarantee in writing that the work being promised will be delivered, or recompense will be given.

as for the guards, if they are on the due bill, they owe them to you. if they aren't expressly written on the due bill or anywhere else you are technically SOL but dont tell the sales manager if they're takign care of it anyway.

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS check your DUE BILL when you're in F&I. don't ever leave that room without checking that document.

Old 04-12-2007, 07:49 PM
and like i said, get a pro's opnion on how s/he would take care of the swirls, and then make sure the dealer does the same general thing. demand that you be allowed to watch the process.

Old 04-12-2007, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by infini_
Taking delivery of a new car at night = terrible idea
+100000 on that one .. i was worried about taking delivery right before sunset

either way hope everything works out .. the swirl marks look like they can be easily buffed out

Old 04-12-2007, 08:28 PM
Concours d'Elegance
Get credit for the detail and get it done right.

Check my name over at Autopia.org. I sold my client list a couple months ago after switching out of the business. I use this gentleman for my CT and MA clients:

Detailed Creations
Brendan Griffin
detail@detailedcreations.com
www.detailedcreations.com

He uses products from Zaino, Menzerna, Optimum, Poorboys, and many other boutique brands. He will clay, polish, and seal the *correct* way.

All the best.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:03 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
So..."couldn't come to agreement", as in "they won't pay for anyone else to do it"? Fine, if you're doing it yourself, floor mats or whatever else you think is cool. You have leverage, it's a big deal for a dealer to get a bad survey.

"Pressure wash"??

Last edited by G35Now!; 04-12-2007 at 09:27 PM.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:37 PM
never trust those guys

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Prep guy is a HACK!