G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

North East Owners/Perspective Buyers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 08:08 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
North East Owners/Perspective Buyers

Anyone had or have problems buying a none AWD model? Seems like most dealers around the NJ/NY area is telling me they do not have the RWD versions up here. The closest one I was able to find is in Georgia. Hard to believe since I've seen some G35S on the roads here locally.

Old 05-14-2007, 08:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lynnes Infiniti has about 20 G35's w/ sport package sitting on their lots right now. I was there about a week ago and they took me to their storage lot a few blocks from the dealer. You could also check their website @
www.lynnesinfiniti.com

Old 05-14-2007, 09:17 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mattycNJ
Lynnes Infiniti has about 20 G35's w/ sport package sitting on their lots right now. I was there about a week ago and they took me to their storage lot a few blocks from the dealer. You could also check their website @
www.lynnesinfiniti.com
Thanks man. I'll drive by there this weekend.

Old 05-14-2007, 10:02 PM
sounds like your local dealers are trying to unload their AWD lots and are not being entirely forthcoming with you.

best way to find if they're lying to you? send in some requests online through carsdirect (or similar) and see what the fleet managers say

Old 05-14-2007, 11:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you'll find that 90% or more of the G's are AWD. it's absolutely true that a smart dealer won't stock RWD models. There's no reason because sales show that very few people in the NE are willing to buy sports and if they are, they can easily get one, but to have it sitting on the lot is wasting money.

It doesn't mean you can't get one, you'll just need to wait or order one, most likely it's already built and can be pulled from the general pool and routed to the dealer. Personally I'd rather order and wait then take one that's been sitting on the lot.

Most people will go with the X. I'm in CT and went with the sport because I bought a car for the 320+ days AWD is useless and if the weather is bad enough that I shouldn't take the G out... well even if I had a Zamboni I'm not going to chance going out in that weather.

Besides... I'm not going to let a Canadian out do me when I'm 600 miles south and they drive sports

Old 05-14-2007, 11:59 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
I haven't ordered any G35 journeys.... only 6mts, G35S which I have a lot, and the rest AWDs.... I know a few dealers ordered G35 journeys for price advertising purposes.

90% of the clientele now lease and don't want to worry about swapping to snow tires on a rwd anymore

Old 05-15-2007, 09:27 AM
The dealership by me told me the same thing, they had there allocation proudly displayed in the center of the showroom and only had 2 or 3 non-X models due in November and 2 were already sold(I bought my car on Nov. 5th), they said they could try and track done a regular journey but it would be a low priority for them and it could take up to 16 weeks. So I bought the X against my better judgment and have no real complaints or raves about it. Keep in mind my dealership only had maybe 20 new cars total on the lot, they are fairly small.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by da mayor
I haven't ordered any G35 journeys.... only 6mts, G35S which I have a lot, and the rest AWDs.... I know a few dealers ordered G35 journeys for price advertising purposes.

90% of the clientele now lease and don't want to worry about swapping to snow tires on a rwd anymore
you have mostly leases? i had never considered leasing.

Old 05-15-2007, 01:10 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by sjharris
you have mostly leases? i had never considered leasing.
here's my view on leasing vs. financing --

both ways you look at it the bank owns part of the vehicle

and financing if you do a lot of mileage you won't have to worry about trade in and depreciation values on your financed vehicle
when you lease a car and do mileage you just return it back (pending you keep it in good condition)

Old 05-15-2007, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by da mayor
here's my view on leasing vs. financing --

both ways you look at it the bank owns part of the vehicle

and financing if you do a lot of mileage you won't have to worry about trade in and depreciation values on your financed vehicle
when you lease a car and do mileage you just return it back (pending you keep it in good condition)
I guess I know I drive too much to consider leasing. I think we rolled 20K last week in our car (too bad it was in the shop for so long, we had a great pace going before that)