G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

i got a letter in the mail from infiniti today...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 12:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got the same letter yesterday! and to comment, altimas are cool but no where near a G when it comes to looks/performance

Old 05-16-2007, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by sjharris
i agree. also, how many people are having this problem. i haven't had this problem and neither have either of my two buddies that have a new G
its a big enough problem that Infiniti sent letters to every registered owner. Both of my engineer friends at Nissan say its a huge issue, because, again, they are introducing the same i-key across the entire model line.

Old 05-16-2007, 01:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tagheuer
agreed. It just bothers me that you can get so-called luxury features in an Altima now, like xenon lights, nearly same power, more interior room, i-key, etc. for thousands less.
Three words...front...wheel...drive. It's what separates the men and their throttle induced oversteer from the boys with their wrist snapping torque steer.

In all honesty, I seriously doubt fully loaded Altimas are stealing THAT many sales from base G35s. I think Nissan still does enough to differentiate the G from the Altima, although with the Coupe they're cutting it a bit close. Still, if anyone should be worried it should be Honda, the Altima Coupe is sure to steal more than a handful of sales from would be Accord Coupe buyers. We won't even talk about the boring, bloated boat that is the Solara.

Old 05-16-2007, 01:37 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Even GM is able to get their keyless entry to work right...

False...

A guy at my work who sits by me has had his C6 vette's fob replaced two times.

Old 05-16-2007, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by bruddahmanmatt
if anyone should be worried it should be Honda, the Altima Coupe is sure to steal more than a handful of sales from would be Accord Coupe buyers
Don't think that will be the cause. The new redesigned 08 Accord Coupe due out in 3-4 months looks pretty damn good from the pictures I've seen.

Old 05-16-2007, 07:13 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Received mine letter today too.

Old 05-16-2007, 07:27 PM
I wonder if we'll be able to continue to use our existing keys once we get the new keys? Or does getting new keys entail reprogramming of not just the keys but the car as well, making the original keys obsolete? Would be nice to be able to keep the old keys just in case.

Old 05-16-2007, 07:58 PM
Z2G
received mine yesterday too.

I expect a quicker fix than 3-4 months for a serious issue like this.

Plus, you have to remember that Nissan/Infiniti is introducing the intelligent key across the entire model line now. (Even the Altima comes with it, what's the point in buying an Infiniti for thousands more??)
Remember that many of the cars in Nissan's lineup are FWD. Also, have you seen the interior of most of the Nissan cars?

Old 05-16-2007, 09:20 PM
Got my letter today...i'll be sure to keep my cell phone away from my FOB til my new key comes in.

Old 05-16-2007, 09:36 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
agreed. It just bothers me that you can get so-called luxury features in an Altima now, like xenon lights, nearly same power, more interior room, i-key, etc. for thousands less.
Believe me, I've owned the Nissan "flagship" (Maxima), and it's nothing close to a G unless you don't care about handling. I liked my Max, but love the G...

Old 05-17-2007, 01:30 AM
Z2G
Originally Posted by G35Now!
Believe me, I've owned the Nissan "flagship" (Maxima), and it's nothing close to a G unless you don't care about handling. I liked my Max, but love the G...
Yeah, I've owned a 300ZX in my youth and currently own a brand new Murano. Despite both being upgraded, fully-loaded models in both cars, they're still not as nice as my past/present Infiniti's.

Old 05-17-2007, 01:42 AM
I got my letter today.

And on a side note, it looks like the FOB is developed by Siemens.

Old 05-17-2007, 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by Altersys
really? not only does infiniti have to solve the problem, it also has to replace the keys. that's a lot of keys. they want to do it all at once and not in stages- that's expected. so they've got to produce all the keys first.
I understand your point, but answer me these questions:

If this happens to you, you can't start your car no matter what, right?

There is no place to put the metal key in the ignition, and putting the i-key in the dash won't work either because the code is still scrambled.

So, I think it is pretty unreasonable to make people wait 3-4 months to fix a problem that can totally prevent a vehicle from starting...

This could be bad, what if you have a medical emergency in the family or something and you run out and your $35k luxury car won't start because of a cell phone?

And to the other poster who mentioned a problem with GM's keys, well, they work great. Just because you know one guy who had a problem doesn't mean anything. GM hasn't had a major problem with their keyless entry like this...

Old 05-17-2007, 07:57 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
I understand your point, but answer me these questions:

If this happens to you, you can't start your car no matter what, right?

There is no place to put the metal key in the ignition, and putting the i-key in the dash won't work either because the code is still scrambled.

So, I think it is pretty unreasonable to make people wait 3-4 months to fix a problem that can totally prevent a vehicle from starting...

This could be bad, what if you have a medical emergency in the family or something and you run out and your $35k luxury car won't start because of a cell phone?

And to the other poster who mentioned a problem with GM's keys, well, they work great. Just because you know one guy who had a problem doesn't mean anything. GM hasn't had a major problem with their keyless entry like this...
I think 3-4 months is VERY reasonable considering what needs to be done. It takes a great deal of time to 1. recognize there is an issue, 2. come up with a fix for the issue, and 3. distribute that fix out to thousands and thousands of customers. Do you really expect all that to take place in a couple of weeks? I honestly think you are expecting too much here.

And there have been two people here recently that have been able to get their car going again when this has happened. One person put the intelligent key in the slot on the dash, and the other person disconnected the positive terminal on the battery (disconnect negative first). This gives us something to try in the event this happens to us.

Old 05-17-2007, 01:42 PM
Wonder what the percentage is of owners that actually had this problem?
It'd need to be fairly high to warrant the key swap, no?
Or maybe just a CYA move.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: i got a letter in the mail from infiniti today...