G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Update on '07 G35S 5AT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 11:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Update on '07 G35S 5AT

Ok, so after six months I finally hit the 1200 mile mark (don't rag on me...it was a long Chicago winter followed by much business travel)...much of the previous time has been spent driving in and out of my garage for washing/waxing.

All I can say is 'WOW". Aside from CTS-V's driven at the Auto Show in Motion, my G is probably the fastest car I've driven (I'm either inexperienced, or smart for not having driven much faster cars). Anyway, after six months of ownership, I simply love this car more and more...

I have had no problems aside from the voice recognition issue w.r.t. Bluetooth on Nav-equipped G35's. When I step on the gas, this car really pulls, and the decadent exhaust note manages to blend perfectly with whatvever music I have on the SOW at that time...

I just bought my wife a Murano, so we have my G, the Murano S AWD, and a '97 Maxima SE (snow car with 105k miles). Our 240SX had to be flat-bedded to the dealership with failed alternator and wiring harness after 171k miles...this car was purchased new and got absolutely nothing besides oil changes, a belt, and a starter. I am a convert (as someone who had a 300C on order in 2006, but bailed...) the G is as genuine a muscle car as anything made outside he U.S. can be...plus the reliability is awesome...

BTW, I must be tool, because I felt that exceeding 5k RPM after 1200 mi was behaving badly.

I just wanted to go on record noting that for all of the fun with this car, plus the incredible practicality, it is a screaming bargain!! If all I did with this vehicle was back to this car out of my garage to wash/wax it, I'd be happy. Driving the car is the icing on the cake.

Even with

Old 05-24-2007, 01:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JMZ_blkobsidian
Ok, so after six months I finally hit the 1200 mile mark (don't rag on me...it was a long Chicago winter followed by much business travel)...much of the previous time has been spent driving in and out of my garage for washing/waxing.

All I can say is 'WOW". Aside from CTS-V's driven at the Auto Show in Motion, my G is probably the fastest car I've driven (I'm either inexperienced, or smart for not having driven much faster cars). Anyway, after six months of ownership, I simply love this car more and more...

I have had no problems aside from the voice recognition issue w.r.t. Bluetooth on Nav-equipped G35's. When I step on the gas, this car really pulls, and the decadent exhaust note manages to blend perfectly with whatvever music I have on the SOW at that time...

I just bought my wife a Murano, so we have my G, the Murano S AWD, and a '97 Maxima SE (snow car with 105k miles). Our 240SX had to be flat-bedded to the dealership with failed alternator and wiring harness after 171k miles...this car was purchased new and got absolutely nothing besides oil changes, a belt, and a starter. I am a convert (as someone who had a 300C on order in 2006, but bailed...) the G is as genuine a muscle car as anything made outside he U.S. can be...plus the reliability is awesome...

BTW, I must be tool, because I felt that exceeding 5k RPM after 1200 mi was behaving badly.

I just wanted to go on record noting that for all of the fun with this car, plus the incredible practicality, it is a screaming bargain!! If all I did with this vehicle was back to this car out of my garage to wash/wax it, I'd be happy. Driving the car is the icing on the cake.

Even with
Even with-

your post ended rather abrubtly......

Old 05-24-2007, 12:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
... he had to go and look at it NOW!!! LOL.

Old 05-24-2007, 12:15 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by G-Whizzer
... he had to go and look at it NOW!!! LOL.

LMAO, that's probably very likely!!

Great post JMZ, glad to hear you are enjoying your G.

Old 05-24-2007, 03:17 PM
N50
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
JMZ, I too am glad to hear you are enjoying your G. I remember, she's a beauty, too.