G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

I'm liking this car more each day (long)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 06:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking I'm liking this car more each day (long)

I'll try to keep this short, but had to share that my G35S is ranking as one of the best cars I've owned.

Back in November, I was all set to lease a new 335i coupe, but while at the dealership to pick up the car, the deal went south. Basically, the dealer wanted to double the MF on the lease and didn't think I'd notice. He then said that if I didn't go through with leasing/buying the car that night that I would have to renegotiate the deal the next day. So even though I ordered the car and waited for 2+ months, I walked away from the deal. I didn't want the car that bad.

The next day, I went to my local dealer and found my G. It had everything I wanted and the right color combo too. I leased the car that evening and had the a really great experience with the dealer and sales person.

The car has everything the 335i did, 6MT, Sirius, Bluetooth, 300 hp, etc., for $12K less. Granted its 4 doors, but my past several cars have been 4 doors. This past weekend I drove a 2004 M3 convertible to see about trading my car for it. (I get the new car itch too much for my own good). I was not impressed. The G feels just as fast, has better shift action (much shorter throws) and has all of the new toys (Sirius, Bluetooth, I-key) that I now cannot live without.

Perhaps this is like preaching to the choir, but I am astounded at the value the G provides. I cannot find a car offering everything the G does in the same price range. At just over 5300 miles, the engine feels like its opening up more and the power is just amazing. The gas mileage seems to be improving too - about 20 mpg combined. And the clutch seems too be wearing in as well. As many others have posted the 6MT can be a bit difficult to finesse.

Sorry for the long post, but I just had to share. I'm taking the G for its first big trip this weekend to LA. It should be a great trip, and hopefully I'll get 25+ mpg...

Have a safe weekend all!

2007 G35S / Liquid Platinum, Graphite & Alum trim/ Premium / Sirius

Old 05-25-2007, 06:18 PM
Hey - nice write up. I personally don't mind reading someone gush about the G... it deserves it.
Have a safe trip! And report back on your mileage.

Old 05-25-2007, 07:00 PM
Trip to LA, huh ? From where - the bayarea ?

If so, don't bother about mileage -- open her up on I-5 (or 99)

Old 05-25-2007, 07:15 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You are liking this car more and more "each day"? I am loving this care more and more each second! In fact, my love for it just went up exponentially as I'm typing this. Congrats on your decision! It's a lot of car for its money. It gives me a new reason to go out, go to work, get off work, even though I live only 1.6 miles from my office.

I love checking out my car as I walk up to it. "Damn, that's one sexy car." Then, when I come to the realization that it's my car, I nearly **** in my pants. Every single time. And I feel like Infiniti had written me a check for $10,000 -- the money I saved from not getting a 335i. That car is great in its own right, but since my name starts with a G, it's the G35 FTW.

Old 05-25-2007, 11:57 PM
I've got about 5K on mine now, and it just seems to be getting better and better as the miles rack up.

Mileage is a solid 20 mpg, the engine doesn't seem to growl so hard at high revs, shifting seems to have gotten smarter, as has the accelerator.

And the whole thing seems to spin more freely.

Old 05-26-2007, 12:08 AM
I was the exact same way when I got my X a year ago. Congrats on your car and have a great trip to LA

Old 05-27-2007, 05:00 PM
Damn, I could have written the exact same post based on my experience (except the whole '04 M3 part...never once considered getting that overpriced piece of ****). After test driving the new 335i I was all set to purchase one with everything but the active steering and cruise control. This was the fastest car I had ever driven! Of course it didn't have LSD, had a tiny back seat and came with I-Drive, but damn this car felt like it had 400 horsepower! I negotiated a deal for $1.5k over invoice and was all set to make my purchase when they started giving me some bs. Like offering me 6k under what my trade-in was worth and offering me 7.6% financing even though my credit score is just under 800. Then I saw the new G35 driving by the infiniti lot, and I was like holy crap, what is that!? Looked at the price, took it for a test drive, and I was sold. Sure the car's not quite as fast, but the interior room and styling, handling, lsd, excellent brakes, MUCH better nav, and the price? Beyond comparison. I don't regret my decision one bit, plus I have another 10k in my pocket. So when's the supercharger coming out?

Trending Topics

Old 05-27-2007, 08:10 PM
I feel the same way. After giving up my 328is, I was sure I wanted another bimmer, however after going thru this forum and doing a lot of research on the G, I decided to make the switch to Infiniti. Not a single regret. This is by far the best car I've ever driven and definitely no buyer's remorse because of the price/performance/package comparison.

Old 05-27-2007, 08:30 PM
One big motha...
Good thing you guys didn't get the 335... I was talking to a chiptuner buddy of mine the other day asking if they were going to release a chip for the 335s and he said they are having big problems with oil temps and they are apparently blowing motors left and right.

Spending $50,000+ on a vehicle
$1,000 to get an extra 70hp..

Getting stuck with the bill on replacing the engine when dealer claims your chip is at fault for blowing up your engine? Priceless...

Last edited by turboale; 05-27-2007 at 08:33 PM.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by turboale
Good thing you guys didn't get the 335... I was talking to a chiptuner buddy of mine the other day asking if they were going to release a chip for the 335s and he said they are having big problems with oil temps and they are apparently blowing motors left and right.

Spending $50,000+ on a vehicle
$1,000 to get an extra 70hp..

Getting stuck with the bill on replacing the engine when dealer claims your chip is at fault for blowing up your engine? Priceless...
Which one are u talking about? Is it s chip or computer? My bro has a 335i w/ the ProCede and it was developed by Vishnu, which is very well know for great + safe tuning. Now his car eats E46 M3's and E39 M5's for lunch without breakin a hard sweat. Haven't heard of extraordinary temps as the car does run hot stock, but there does seem to be a fuel pump issue going around which is agitated by the extra boost.

The G is definitely a great car and value, but that 335i is some car I must say, if you've the extra $$$ laying around that is.

Old 05-28-2007, 12:47 PM
I honestly feel bad for people who test drive the G and end up getting something else (TL, IS350,335). There is no way any of those cars gets you the same value and features as the G does.

Congratz to everyone who made the right decision

The G also has the "turnin heads" factor...much more than the competition

Old 05-28-2007, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by UltimateGee27
The G also has the "turnin heads" factor...much more than the competition
Infiniti should list this as one of the premier features I love gettin looks from all the Z drivers on the road and a cop pulled up next to me recently - just to ask if it was the new 07 model. I was almost ready to pull out the license and registration - and all he wanted to know if it was the new model. Maybe he was considering getting one - I don't blame him after driving a crappy squad car on a daily basis.

Old 05-28-2007, 07:49 PM
Agreed, astounding value, however it has its achilles heal. The 6mt!

Old 05-29-2007, 04:49 PM
Yes, I'm up in the Bay Area. And although I was all set to take my car to LA, my Mom offered her car instead. She was house/dog/cat sitting over the weekend.

She has a 2001 BMW 740i w/sport package with only 11,500 miles (that is not a typo). She said I should take hers out for a nice long trip, as it could use the exercise. Even though I was looking forward to a trip with the G, I took her car.

I've heard about the overheating issues with the 335i, and apparently the new build cars are coming with an oil cooler to prevent this. The fuel pumps on some have gone kaput too. Sucks for them.

Old 05-30-2007, 01:52 AM
Originally Posted by BCg35Sport
Yes, I'm up in the Bay Area. And although I was all set to take my car to LA, my Mom offered her car instead. She was house/dog/cat sitting over the weekend.

She has a 2001 BMW 740i w/sport package with only 11,500 miles (that is not a typo). She said I should take hers out for a nice long trip, as it could use the exercise. Even though I was looking forward to a trip with the G, I took her car.
So what was the point of your post again?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I'm liking this car more each day (long)