G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Auto door locks?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 03:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
there's this thing, called the gas pedal, that when someone approaches your car and you don't feel safe, you step on. that's just something i heard somewhere.

Old 05-30-2007, 04:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah locking your doors when you drive because you fear being carjacked is just being paranoid. If he really wanted to he could smash your drivers side glass out with something and get you out

this all reminds me of the new volvo s80 with the heartbeat sensor lol

Old 05-30-2007, 04:09 PM
that's tech for idiots. if you don't lock your doors in a parking garage, it's your own fault. sure, it's cool, but the army needs that **** for buildings, not people for cars.

Old 05-30-2007, 04:17 PM
Really Needs a Life
Received 177 Likes on 136 Posts
you'll probably have some luck with KP technologies but i wish our cars came with this feautre, i like how the mercedes models all have this....

Old 05-30-2007, 04:29 PM
I am thinking about have an alarm just to have my car locks itself, but than I have two remotes. I just carry my guns in the car instead, how about that?

Last edited by wrxrocks; 05-30-2007 at 04:33 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by spacecowboy
as someone that does not have kids, i don't care for auto door locks. as a parent, i can see wanting it. otherwise, who cares? are you trying to open your door while driving so often that you need the car to lock it for you once you put the car in gear? is your wife/gf trying to escape from the car while you are driving? why does it matter if the door is locked while you drive if you don't have kids?

If you have kids, just engage the child lock in the rear doors - problem solved
Who cares about lock/unlock -- the darn door would only open from the outside !

Old 05-30-2007, 08:35 PM
How bout pushing the button to lock the doors when you get in the car?

Old 05-30-2007, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by spacecowboy
as someone that does not have kids, i don't care for auto door locks. as a parent, i can see wanting it. otherwise, who cares? are you trying to open your door while driving so often that you need the car to lock it for you once you put the car in gear? is your wife/gf trying to escape from the car while you are driving? why does it matter if the door is locked while you drive if you don't have kids?

I too would like this to be one of the G's standard options. It seems (in my very limited research) that this feature is perceived as a "luxury" feature. I have had several people get into my car and ask why the doors don't automatically lock.

As for the reason you may want this option, I remember reading somewhere that locking the car door increases the strength of the car in an accident. Of course, you can always lock the doors manually, but a little added safety would also be nice.

Old 05-30-2007, 11:50 PM
LMAO Spacecowboy is funny!

Old 05-31-2007, 12:46 AM
Originally Posted by Cherry Ghost
As for the reason you may want this option, I remember reading somewhere that locking the car door increases the strength of the car in an accident. Of course, you can always lock the doors manually, but a little added safety would also be nice.
It's interesting that even car manufacturers can't agree on this issue as well. I used to have a Volvo and my wife currently has an XC90. The manuals of both cars actually recommend not to lock the cars while traveling. Their reasoning is that in the case of a serious accident, locked car doors would only delay the ability of rescue personnel to reach the car's occupants. I suppose Volvo is confident that their cars' doors, when unlocked, can hold up in an accident as well as if they are locked.

For me personally, I prefer not to have the autolock feature (unless it happened to be optional so I can turn it off). It's rare when I'm driving in an area where I feel that I should lock the doors, and for me, it's only one click away.

Old 05-31-2007, 08:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Cherry Ghost
I remember reading somewhere that locking the car door increases the strength of the car in an accident. Of course, you can always lock the doors manually, but a little added safety would also be nice.
Somebody's full of it!

There is no mechanical bolting mechanism for a car door lock. It merely disengages the handle from the latch mechanism.

I would like to have this autolock feature because you can't drive anywhere in south Louisiana anymore that doesn't have crime (post Katrina).

Old 05-31-2007, 12:39 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
for those that really want it look at KP technologies solutions. They do great work and it really does work. I had the window roll up and sun roof on my 03 and I am looking at getting the mirror title module and window roll up module

Old 05-31-2007, 01:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here's another question. On my Mustang when I would pull the door handle (inside) it would automatically unlock and I could just open the door. Obviously the G doesn't do that, and you have to unlock it first. Is there also a KP fix for that?

Old 06-01-2007, 12:53 PM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by douglas555
Here's another question. On my Mustang when I would pull the door handle (inside) it would automatically unlock and I could just open the door. Obviously the G doesn't do that, and you have to unlock it first. Is there also a KP fix for that?
My G will unlock when you pull on the locked door handle. The pre 05 coupes were that way, and I love it.

As far as the autolocking being a 'luxary' item, my last car had this feature - a 1994 Chevy Cavalier.

It amazes me that Nissan has not made this a programmable feature, when they have all kinds of other useless programmable options.

Old 06-19-2007, 02:15 AM
Originally Posted by KPierson
My G will unlock when you pull on the locked door handle. The pre 05 coupes were that way, and I love it.

As far as the autolocking being a 'luxary' item, my last car had this feature - a 1994 Chevy Cavalier.

It amazes me that Nissan has not made this a programmable feature, when they have all kinds of other useless programmable options.
I have both the locking module and the VDC module. The locking works great but the 2006 doors don't unlock when you pull on the handle. A little tedious because I forget to unlock all the time.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Auto door locks?