G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Auto door locks?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 10:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Auto door locks?

Does anyone know if its possible to have auto door locks on a 07, You know you put the car in drive...drive off .. get above 10mph and the doors lock. Any help

Old 05-28-2007, 10:28 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
You may want to look up this feature: KP Technologies offers an add on module that does just this. I had a few of their modules on my 05 and really loved them

Old 05-29-2007, 02:30 AM
unfortunately we don't have this feature on our 07's. wish we did, i loved that feature on my 04 jeep grand cherokee.

Old 05-29-2007, 10:07 AM
That is the one feature I miss. I don't understand why my steering wheel will lower automatically when I get in the car, but the locks won't auto lock when I put the car in drive.

Old 05-29-2007, 11:39 AM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Bambeezer
That is the one feature I miss. I don't understand why my steering wheel will lower automatically when I get in the car, but the locks won't auto lock when I put the car in drive.
Funny how different features appeal to diff folks, if my doors automatically locked I'd be posting the mirror thread on "How do you stop the doors from locking".

Anyway, good luck, hope you find a solution.

Old 05-29-2007, 03:27 PM
One big motha...
Yeah, I'm really glad our cars don't have the annoying seat belt dinger and auto locking doors. One of my big likes about the car. I do think at this stage in the game it should be an option built into the computer like GMs have been doing for years now in the Tahoe etc... Its got all the sensors (esp if you have the nav) I wonder if they could add it with just software...?

Old 05-29-2007, 03:48 PM
Actually, no Nissan/Infiniti vehicles are equipped with the auto-locking feature. It's certainly something to be considered, but not a necessity by any means.

Old 05-29-2007, 04:37 PM
at this price point, it ought to be an option.

one thing i do not understand about some manufacturers is why they choose NOT to integrate features that are cheap to implement. For example, all luixury cars should have auto up and down on ALL windows, period. it's a cheap relay and cheap electronics. no reason not to.

same for the locking feature... it should be a switchable option, like it is on the TL. i also like how the TL allows you to auto unlock when you pop the car into park. that's smart. and the manufacturer leaves it up to the driver to decide what the car does do. OTOH, for some stupid reason, the TL leaves out auto up/down on the rear windows. WTF? stupid... I want the implementation of value, not the perception of value (e.g. the RL has auto on all four windows while the TL does not... i'm sorry, is that part of the $15,000 upgrade package? a-holes.)

Old 05-29-2007, 09:15 PM
I believe you can can get the doors to auto-lock. The dealer has to do it with thier computer.

Old 05-29-2007, 09:33 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Now!
Funny how different features appeal to diff folks, if my doors automatically locked I'd be posting the mirror thread on "How do you stop the doors from locking".
Yep, I'm the same as you. I think that feature is annoying as hell. If I want the doors locked, I'll lock em myself.

Old 05-29-2007, 10:53 PM
for those that don't like the auto-lock feature, that's the beauty of it -- you can turn it off! and for those that do like it, well, you can turn it on! best of both worlds... but too bad we don't even have the option

Old 05-30-2007, 02:05 PM
Originally Posted by FlyingG
I believe you can can get the doors to auto-lock. The dealer has to do it with thier computer.
Are you sure about this option? I even pay them to do that for me, with a small fee.

Old 05-30-2007, 02:48 PM
I think this auto-lock question should be a FAQ, if it isn't already.

Old 05-30-2007, 02:54 PM
as someone that does not have kids, i don't care for auto door locks. as a parent, i can see wanting it. otherwise, who cares? are you trying to open your door while driving so often that you need the car to lock it for you once you put the car in gear? is your wife/gf trying to escape from the car while you are driving? why does it matter if the door is locked while you drive if you don't have kids?

Old 05-30-2007, 03:09 PM
I just want my car to lock so I don't have to worry about people walk up to me and open my car door at the stop light. It is not that it has happen before, but it is just like the air bags that I don't think I'll use. I saw a show on TV about a guy was car jacked due to his doors were unlocked at a stop light.

My Sequoia locks its doors when I put the car from P to D and unlocks and I put it from D to P. It is that simple.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Auto door locks?