G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Where can I purchase OEM wheels?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 01:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where can I purchase OEM wheels?

I was wondering where I could pick up an OEM wheel for my 2007 G35x. I spent over an hour this evening on Google looking through hundreds of websites trying to find them. I found 2006 OEM Infiniti wheels at several places, but not the 2007s. I have a small curb scratch on one of the wheels already and would like to replace it... because I know it will just bother me every time I look at it. heh.

If anyone has any suggestions as to where I can pick one up, I would really appreciate your input.

Thanks!

Old 06-01-2007, 03:12 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Did you call your local Infiniti dealer? Might cost more than you want to pay but they will certainly have your wheel.

Old 06-01-2007, 03:14 AM
check ebay they have 2007 sedan wheels for sale all the time go to eBay Motors then parts and accessories then wheels and type in G35 sedan.

Old 06-01-2007, 08:38 AM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by perry05G35
check ebay they have 2007 sedan wheels for sale all the time go to eBay Motors then parts and accessories then wheels and type in G35 sedan.
Two sets on sale right now, but for the bargain price of $1,600 for the set

At that price no-one is bidding...

Old 06-01-2007, 08:40 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Now!
Two sets on sale right now, but for the bargain price of $1,600 for the set

At that price no-one is bidding...
That's for the 18's though. He'll need the 17" OEMs. I haven't seen any of the 17" OEMs yet.

Old 06-01-2007, 08:43 AM
Wink

Thanks for the responses so far. I did check ebay but the problem for me is that I really only need one wheel. I don't want to buy a whole set for one small curb/scratch. :/

But I will call my Infiniti dealer and see what they will rape... err... charge me for one.

Old 06-01-2007, 08:53 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Karnidge
Thanks for the responses so far. I did check ebay but the problem for me is that I really only need one wheel. I don't want to buy a whole set for one small curb/scratch. :/

But I will call my Infiniti dealer and see what they will rape... err... charge me for one.

Just for the heck of it, have you called your dealer for a price? I'd guess that one 17" wheel would be $700+.

Old 06-01-2007, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by Karnidge

Where are you located? I have 4 (with tires mounted) with about 1500 mi tops sitting in my shed. I would be willing to do a swap as long as the curb rash/tirewear isnt bad on your 1 wheel for cheap, if your close enough to justify it. I dont plan on ever putting mine back on, but would like to keep them as a backup set, so a small rash would not be a big deal at all....

Old 06-01-2007, 10:44 AM
Why Buy a new wheel. You can get them repaired. We have a place near us in NY called Wheels America www.fixrim.com. They make any rim look like new. They did my dad's Acura and you could not tell there had ever been any damage. The last I heard they charge $125 per rim no matter how much damage. They have several locations across the US.

Old 06-01-2007, 11:06 AM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by zlarry
Why Buy a new wheel. You can get them repaired. We have a place near us in NY called Wheels America www.fixrim.com. They make any rim look like new. They did my dad's Acura and you could not tell there had ever been any damage. The last I heard they charge $125 per rim no matter how much damage. They have several locations across the US.
Be careful though - my wheel guy told me that hyper silver wheels (the Sport wheels are, don't know about 17") are impossible to paint match, so even if the shop says they will paint them the repair is visible.

I've had other wheels repaired without a problem by the same shop, apparently these are different.

Old 06-01-2007, 11:48 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
If you really like then, you can also try to exchange (+$ of course) your wheels for a set of chrome ones. If the scratches aren't too bad, they should be willing to take them back as cores.

Old 06-01-2007, 11:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by terrycs
If you really like then, you can also try to exchange (+$ of course) your wheels for a set of chrome ones. If the scratches aren't too bad, they should be willing to take them back as cores.
Where do they do this?

Old 06-01-2007, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by hokiesean24
Where are you located? I have 4 (with tires mounted) with about 1500 mi tops sitting in my shed. I would be willing to do a swap as long as the curb rash/tirewear isnt bad on your 1 wheel for cheap, if your close enough to justify it. I dont plan on ever putting mine back on, but would like to keep them as a backup set, so a small rash would not be a big deal at all....
The damage on my wheel is minimal, I can take a picture and post it here. I have 8k miles on the tires right now, the tirewear is not even noticeable at this point.

I live in the Chicago-land area. Not sure where you are at, but I would certainly be interested in swaping a wheel with you if it makes sense (location, price, etc.). I have Goodyear tires, do you have the same?

Also, you can get the chrome dipped OEM wheels on ebay for like $400 bucks. They send you a full set of chrome wheels and then you send them your OEM wheels plus 400 bucks. You can check it out here...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-IN...em330126085240

Again, thanks for all the responses... I really appreciate it. I am going to see if there is a place near by that fixes rims, and what it would cost.

Old 06-01-2007, 02:14 PM
If you go to the link I sent in my reply Wheels America has a shop in Arlington Heights which I assume is near Chicago.

Old 06-01-2007, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by zlarry
If you go to the link I sent in my reply Wheels America has a shop in Arlington Heights which I assume is near Chicago.
lol... yea, Arlington Heights is like 10 mins. from my office. Thanks for pointing that out

$129 bucks isn't a bad deal either.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Where can I purchase OEM wheels?