G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

G is pulling right...?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 07:32 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
G is pulling right...?

I noticed yesterday that the G is starting to pull slightly to the right. After noticing it, tried checking the tire pressure (they were within a pound, but equalized everything), and started checking road level (i.e. crown), wind effect. Long story short, it's pulling and the wheel is slightly left to compensate.

On a Sport I can't rotate the wheels; spoke to the dealer and they said an alignment MAY be covered by Infiniti (plus they are a 45 minutes away). Thoughts? Anyone else with a Sport experiencing this, with hopefully a fix?

Old 06-05-2007, 07:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
experiencing the same thing. i have an appt on thursday with the dealer to fix this.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:02 PM
Do you remember hitting a big pot hole??

Old 06-05-2007, 09:22 PM
Moderation-free
Originally Posted by G-Whizzer
Do you remember hitting a big pot hole??
No, haven't hit anything that would make me think this was possible.

Old 06-05-2007, 09:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how far right is it pulling? b/c of the way the roads are slanted, all cars will generally pull to the right, since the road is slanted to the right to allow drainage. i noticed my S pulling right after a few weeks.

Old 06-05-2007, 11:31 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
[QUOTE=G35Now!]I noticed yesterday that the G is starting to pull slightly to the right. After noticing it, tried checking the tire pressure (they were within a pound, but equalized everything), and started checking road level (i.e. crown), wind effect. Long story short, it's pulling and the wheel is slightly left to compensate.

[QUOTE]

I hope this will be of some help. Although I have an 04 Coupe, I have had the exact same issue from new. I've had a TSB for a compression rod done (to compensate for caster adjustment). I've had numerous alignments and everything is within spec. My steering wheel also points slightly to the left on all highway services. The only time my wheel will be exactly centered is if I'm on the left side of the road and the grade is slanting to the left. I believe these cars are very sensitive to road irregularities and my car will drift to the right as well at higher speeds. I'm apt to believe this is normal. Try a demonstrator or loaner and make a comparison. Most of these cars have this characteristic. I've gotten used to it.

Old 06-06-2007, 10:47 AM
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
hmmm, My new X drifts ever so slightly to the > Left< So on a three lane beltway, i am in the middle and it def pulls left then,,,, and yes tires are all the same,, (psi) It is very poss. that it is a tire also,,, but that takes lots of trial and error, and lots of rotations

Old 06-06-2007, 08:04 PM
yea...noticed mine pulling to the right when i braked...so the dealer shaved the brakes a bit to level it out...but now it pulls to the right on the road without brakes...dunno y.

Old 08-13-2007, 07:12 PM
I'd like to add to this thread that I too am experiencing a slight pull to the right. I own a G35X with the factory wheels and tires and the car only has 500 miles on it (only 15 miles on it when I picked it up). It's not a huge pull to the right but it's enough that I noticed I'm always holding the steering wheel slightly off center and to the left. The tires are all inflated exactly to spec as well. I notice it a little more at highway speeds than I do around town. Should I take it in to see if the tires are wearing off center or if it's my steering wheel that's out of whack...or should I give it a little more time and let the car's components break in a little better?

Old 08-13-2007, 09:11 PM
Me too

I've noticed my car also pulls slightly to the right. This seems to happen when I come to a stop. When I'm driving and let go of the wheel the car seems to hold a steady line in the lanes. It seems more pronounced if the road is uneven. Anyway, I think I will have the dealer take a look at it on my next/first service.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by g354jb
I've noticed my car also pulls slightly to the right. This seems to happen when I come to a stop. When I'm driving and let go of the wheel the car seems to hold a steady line in the lanes. It seems more pronounced if the road is uneven. Anyway, I think I will have the dealer take a look at it on my next/first service.
In my case, it's pretty much the exact opposite. I realize how streets are crowned so I am already taking that into consideration. Tonight I was able to drive on a road I know to be about as perfectly flat as possible, along with being freshly paved, and just drove the car starting with the wheel centered. It definitely pulled slightly to the right and it's just bugging me because the car is so new. I'm especially curious as to whether the tires are indeed pointed forward and it's a steering wheel calibration issue or if the steering is correct and the alignment really is off.

Looks like I'll be making my first visit to the dealership in the coming days.

Old 08-14-2007, 12:28 AM
Moderation-free
To close the story, the G kept pulling right for several days, then it seemed to go away. So, don't know if the alignment got changed slightly (don't recall hitting anything) then the tire tread evened out, or what. Tracks perfectly straight now tho...

Old 08-14-2007, 01:02 AM
Originally Posted by G35Now!
To close the story, the G kept pulling right for several days, then it seemed to go away. So, don't know if the alignment got changed slightly (don't recall hitting anything) then the tire tread evened out, or what. Tracks perfectly straight now tho...
My truck pulls a little to the side when I have a load in the back. I wouldn't worry about it.

Old 08-14-2007, 03:30 AM
yep... same here. mine pulls to the right at random times while driving and when braking. I feel better now reading this thread that it is a common issue and may not need an adjustment.

Old 08-24-2007, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by wpv123
yep... same here. mine pulls to the right at random times while driving and when braking. I feel better now reading this thread that it is a common issue and may not need an adjustment.
Well mine pulls a little to the left (Journey, wheel/tire pkg with stock 18's)

Took the dealer and they checked it over and said it was operating within spec.

They also gave me the BS excuse about road crowning, etc. as if I was an idiot and didn't take that into account.

Problem is my G pulls on perfectly flat roads, and even when i'm on a freeway that has a crown angle opposite to the pull!

This is NOT NORMAL, none of my other cars (BMWs, acuras and hondas) have experienced this...

hopefully you guys have better luck with your dealers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G is pulling right...?