G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Questions for all Microsoft Zune owners...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 02:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mbhforum
Ok guys. I just got a Zune a couple of months ago. I got Video out working (and while driving )!
How did you get the video working?

Old 06-08-2007, 02:19 PM
Ok guys. I just got a Zune a couple of months ago. I got Video out working (and while driving )! I bought the Zune for the simple reason you can output the menus to the screen and watch video's, unlike the iPod which is only videos, and no menus and album art. I also like the Zune's interface for switching music and nagivating much better than the iPod. The iPod has better battery life, sleeker looking and is smaller. If Microsoft can perfect the Wifi in the Zune and allow wireless synching, it would totally kick the iPod's ***. So my Zune in the G35 is pretty good. I got the car charger, I also bought 2 ground loop isolators (one that passes through audio) and another one to pass video. I couldn't find one that had all 3. So there is no hissing anymore when I charge the Zune while driving. I also bought retractable a/v cables, and I keep the Zune in my cup holder with the door down when I leave the car. When I drive, I keep the door up so I can control the Zune. I run the wires under the closed center console and cup holder doors, so far they haven't got damaged : ) I wish there was a Zune RF remote, so you can control it without holding it, but right now there is only an IR remote.

So I believe this answers all the questions.
Who did you get the isolators from? I'm getting a very slight hissing from my dvd player and I thought it was a bad ground, but even after checking that it's still doing it.

Thanks.

Old 06-08-2007, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by NewGMan
How did you get the video working?
While we all want to know, that's an easy way to get this thread deleted...

I'm pm'ing him now

Old 06-08-2007, 02:51 PM
I'm confused. Why would his telling us how he got it to work get this thread deleted? Is there a policy against modifications on this forum that I'm unaware of? Oh and I'm not being a smart ***, I seriously want to know.

Old 06-08-2007, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by Ripple
I'm confused. Why would his telling us how he got it to work get this thread deleted? Is there a policy against modifications on this forum that I'm unaware of? Oh and I'm not being a smart ***, I seriously want to know.
The topic of bypassing the video lockout while moving has been discussed here and deemed to be "bad" by the mods.

Lucky for some we don't have that problem in other sites, so the info is readily available... btw this was the non-nav lockout bypass that he's talking about.

Old 06-08-2007, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by viguera
Who did you get the isolators from? I'm getting a very slight hissing from my dvd player and I thought it was a bad ground, but even after checking that it's still doing it.

Thanks.
I got the audio ground loop isolator from Best Buyif they don't have them on the floor room, check their car install area). The Radio shack ones aren't female, and then you have issues getting video to work.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....egories&ks=960

I got the video ground loop isolator:

COMPOSITE VIDEO ISOLATION TRANSFORMER
http://www.neutronexpress.com/prod.c...ON_TRANSFORMER

My center console is pretty packed with both of these, and the car charger I thought about drilling holes in the console and running the cables to the center cups, but it's a lease, so I don't want to get banged when I bring it back.

Old 06-09-2007, 12:38 AM
Ok guys. I just got a Zune a couple of months ago. I got Video out working (and while driving )! I bought the Zune for the simple reason you can output the menus to the screen and watch video's, unlike the iPod which is only videos, and no menus and album art. I also like the Zune's interface for switching music and nagivating much better than the iPod. The iPod has better battery life, sleeker looking and is smaller. If Microsoft can perfect the Wifi in the Zune and allow wireless synching, it would totally kick the iPod's ***. So my Zune in the G35 is pretty good. I got the car charger, I also bought 2 ground loop isolators (one that passes through audio) and another one to pass video. I couldn't find one that had all 3. So there is no hissing anymore when I charge the Zune while driving. I also bought retractable a/v cables, and I keep the Zune in my cup holder with the door down when I leave the car. When I drive, I keep the door up so I can control the Zune. I run the wires under the closed center console and cup holder doors, so far they haven't got damaged : ) I wish there was a Zune RF remote, so you can control it without holding it, but right now there is only an IR remote.

So I believe this answers all the questions.

Thanks for the info!

Last edited by DannyDeez; 06-09-2007 at 12:41 AM.
Old 06-09-2007, 02:14 PM
As much as I dislike M$, I like the Zune better than the ipod. Simpler menus, easier to control, and yes WMA is better than MP3 or AAC.

Bad thing about the Zune is when you use the video out, the Zune display goes blank. This is bad for me, because the wife and I use the ipod in her car as a video player for the kids (control the tv in the back seat with the ipod from the front seat). Much easier than a dvd player and 30 dvds in the car. But since you cannot control the Zune while TV out is active, I have to stick with the ipod for the kids. Unless there is a hack for this?

Old 06-09-2007, 03:37 PM
Not that I am aware of. Another annoying thing is, everytime the Zune is powered up/down, you need to select Tv out all over again, it doesn't detect cables.

Old 06-09-2007, 04:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I bought my Nano because of the size. The main advantage to a larger unit, like a HD Ipod or Zune, is I would have been able to transfer all my CDs to one device. As is, with an 8GB unit, and 12GB worth of music, I have to pick and choose

At least I ripped everything as MP3s. They should work with Zunes in the future if I replace my Ipod.