G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

My whole system just crashed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 08:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My whole system just crashed

I was just on the highway listening to my ipod when all of the sudden the music stopped the nav screen went black and i lost control of every button on the center console. After everything shut off the A/C went on full blast

I got to my destination to see if i could turn it off and on again but no help, everytime i turn on my car the screen stays black the controls arent functioning and the a/c goes to max

Has anyone heard of this or encountered this problem? Now i gotta go visit my Infiniti Dealership to see whats up.

Any suggestions? Do you think if i disconnect my battery it will work again?>

Old 06-23-2007, 09:20 PM
Spoon!
IIRC, someone else had the same problem, and it turned out to be a faulty AV unit.

I'd call roadside ASAP for a loaner until it's fixed.

Old 06-23-2007, 09:25 PM
Old 06-24-2007, 07:30 AM
Originally Posted by treacherous
Are you able to get into any of the diagnostics?

-Start engine

-Turn audio system off (this may not apply with your symptoms)

-While pushing the "Setting" button turn the volume control dial clockwise or counterclockwise for 40 clicks or more. Self diagnosis mode will start.
I have zero control on any button on my center console. I turn on the car nav screen stays black, a/c goes to max, and nothing is available. Only button that works is the hazard lights

Looks like i will be at Infiniti first thing monday morning.

I installed the basslink in my trunk..but that obviously has nothing to do with this matter correct? I had a professional installer set it up and i trust he did not rig it up. But after reading that one thread i feel as tho i got the same issue with the a/v unit

Old 06-24-2007, 08:25 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
That sucks bro, let us know how you make out on Monday morning and if it was a bad AV Control Unit.

Old 06-24-2007, 09:28 AM
yea ill keep you all posted

Im pretty upset about this and the whole key fob thing.

Old 06-24-2007, 09:35 AM
Bad Toro
Crap. Sounds like a problem with the bionic implants...

Good luck at the dealer.

Old 06-24-2007, 09:42 AM
i've had a similar problem... it happend to me twice. its a 05 coupe
about 4 months ago, and just 3 days ago the navi... the temperature control... the audio player... it all stopped working. but for me, when i restarted the car, all of the control came back.

Last edited by sprjin; 06-24-2007 at 09:46 AM.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:09 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Long shot .. but see if they let you keep the crashed A/V unit for "disection".

Old 06-25-2007, 09:56 AM
When I was taking apart the console, as soon as I disconnected one of the cables (I think to the front panel) the AC came on and the screen went blank.

My guess is either the cable came loose, went bad or maybe like someone said something else went bananas in there.

I'd call the dealership and have the car fixed under warranty if I was you and I had the time...

If they said I had to wait to bring it in, I might pop in there and look just in case it's a loose connector. But that might not be a good idea, in case they want to blame you for breaking it later.

Old 06-25-2007, 11:28 AM
Dude, that sucks donkey. I feel nauseous after reading that since I've ripped 100 or so CD's into my MB. And I just ordered the basslink so please let us know if they tell you that somehow fried it.

Old 06-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by treacherous
Maybe it's causing the AV unit to crash at bootup.
agreed. im willing to bet your basslink installation or integration caused this. the proximity of events behooves investigation.

just removing the basslink may not make the problem go away because it could have been your process of installation that caused this damage (perhaps a blown fuse, shorted wire, etc). what I'm saying is, if you remove the basslink and the problem goes away, don't automatically interpret that to mean your issue wasn't relate to the new device.

good luck.

Old 06-25-2007, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by Altersys
agreed. im willing to bet your basslink installation or integration caused this. the proximity of events behooves investigation.

just removing the basslink may not make the problem go away because it could have been your process of installation that caused this damage (perhaps a blown fuse, shorted wire, etc). what I'm saying is, if you remove the basslink and the problem goes away, don't automatically interpret that to mean your issue wasn't relate to the new device.

good luck.
You make a good point...

If the Basslink is not working as well then it could be a blown fuse... esp if he's hooking it up to ACC to sense ignition. I used to have one in my other car but I had it hooked up to the power outlet so if the fuse went all I lost was that...

The 12V constant should be fused with a heavy duty fuse though, so if he just went commando with it, something funky might have happened.

Old 06-25-2007, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by viguera
went commando with it

Old 06-25-2007, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by viguera
You make a good point...

If the Basslink is not working as well then it could be a blown fuse... esp if he's hooking it up to ACC to sense ignition. I used to have one in my other car but I had it hooked up to the power outlet so if the fuse went all I lost was that...

The 12V constant should be fused with a heavy duty fuse though, so if he just went commando with it, something funky might have happened.
Well turns out you are the grand prize winner!!!! DING DING DING!!!!!

Blown fuse was the result of the whole system shutting off!!! The fuse box next to the battery houses a fuse for the audio system.

I got to the Infiniti Dealer this afternoon to check progress and the tech had the laptop hooked up to the jack and was doing diagnostics and reprogramming. The whole time hes like "dude i dont know, this looks weird, now the CAR WONT EVEN START!!!" and im like well check the dam fuse man im pretty sure maybe one is burnt out (this is after i spoke to my electrician) so he turned off the laptop and checked the fuses and of course the audio one is burnt. So he changed the fuse the system turns on full control.

Now when i turned in my car this morning i told them to give me new key fobs cuz the ones i had didnt work. Funny thing about this is when i gave them to the lady i told her they both failed on me two times and the buttons on the key fobs didnt work....but when she goes to use it OR COURSE ONE OF THEM WORKS FINE!!

whatever...so she told the tech guy to replace and reprogram them and when he did now they wont program to the car...has nothing to do with the navi failure now it has to do with the programming of the key fobs.

I stayed there for an hour while he tried but nothing none of the 8 keyfobs he tried wanted to program to the system using the lap top.

Hopefully tomorrow morning he will finish the job and give me my car back.

Turns out it was the basslink that brunt out the fuse i dont know how but it did

Got my stillen dual intake today and cant wait to set it up!!!

ill keep you all posted

Last edited by UltimateGee27; 06-25-2007 at 06:00 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My whole system just crashed