G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

EZ-Pass operable from G Sport Sunglass holder

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 08:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I accidentally stuck mine on fully in the tinted area, which is higher on the windshield than it is supposed to be, and it works great. I called the EZ Tag help line, and they said it would be no problem. They were right.

Old 07-17-2007, 11:39 PM
Ive been keeping mine in the sunglass holder as well. Ive never tried going through the toll with it in there though. Good to know it works.

Old 07-18-2007, 06:38 AM
Originally Posted by Zorak
I accidentally stuck mine on fully in the tinted area, which is higher on the windshield than it is supposed to be, and it works great. I called the EZ Tag help line, and they said it would be no problem. They were right.
Zorak do you the Nav system inyour G? The EZtag people were telling me that if you have Nav it might interfere with the tag signal if you put it on the windshield. They said you might have to use the license plate tag.

Old 07-18-2007, 08:29 AM
I have a Nav and EZPass, and have had no problems with either one.

Old 07-18-2007, 08:30 AM
i have nav and put it in the sunglass holder and it works like a charm we should officially call it an ez-pass holder

Old 07-18-2007, 08:33 AM
For those of you who have played with putting the EZPass in the sunglass holder, have you done it for a while; i.e. have you gone through a lot of EZPass booths as well as roads where they have EZPass detecting your car without you even slowing down at a booth (I know there's some in New Jersey/New York metro area)? I just wanted to verify putting it in your sunglass holder is as reliable as putting it in the windshield.

Also, aesthetically, one can always position the EZPass in the windshield so you don't even see it when you're driving. I assume folks who use the sunglass holder don't use sunglasses or have really big ones that don't fit (e.g. some Oakley models)?

Old 07-18-2007, 09:29 AM
I havent tried, this but I bought a $5 EZPass bracket/holder that attaches via suction cups. I know it will work 100% of the time but when the drive is over it pops off and goes right back in the glovebox.

Old 07-18-2007, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by Bigred14
Zorak do you the Nav system inyour G? The EZtag people were telling me that if you have Nav it might interfere with the tag signal if you put it on the windshield. They said you might have to use the license plate tag.
I do not have the NAV.

Old 07-18-2007, 05:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone from the Bay Area know if you can do the same for our FasTrak responders? I usually keep mine in the door cup holder slot. Even if it doesn't work, and I drive through the toll without paying, they'll just verify my plate number from the photo, and they'll just add the $4 toll to my account.

Old 07-18-2007, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by GoofyG28
Even if it doesn't work, and I drive through the toll without paying, they'll just verify my plate number from the photo, and they'll just add the $4 toll to my account.
That's sweet. Here in Houston you get a nice fat ticket for doing that. They will mail it to you if the cops don't run you down and give it to you in person.

Old 07-18-2007, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by dcmidnight
I havent tried, this but I bought a $5 EZPass bracket/holder that attaches via suction cups. I know it will work 100% of the time but when the drive is over it pops off and goes right back in the glovebox.
what I did was i put that right behind the inspection sticker in the lower corner of the windshield. You can't see it from the outside, and it reads every time. And no nasty glue and velcro on the windshield

Old 07-20-2007, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by Zorak
That's sweet. Here in Houston you get a nice fat ticket for doing that. They will mail it to you if the cops don't run you down and give it to you in person.
No you don't. I've done it several times. And I even had a cop pull me over because the tag didn't set off the sensor, I told him I had an easy tag and showed it to him he called the number to make sure it was active, and he let me go on my way.

They takea picture of your license if it matches on in there data base the account gets charged. If it doesn't then they send you a lett stating you owe them rthe toll plus a fee, if you don't respond then they send it to an attourneys office that send you the letter.

However if you get this and you have an EZtag you just call up the store and as long as you have an active account they waive all the legal fees and charges and just put the tolls on your account.

Old 07-20-2007, 05:01 PM
^^ It's not that easy in NJ. EZPass issues go on for years.

Old 07-20-2007, 10:18 PM
RCK
In response to randman's question, yes I've used the E-Z Pass in the sunglass holder going through a 25MPH, no stop toll on the Outerbridge Crossing between NJ and Staten Island and had no problem.

Old 07-21-2007, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by Robizzle
Just thought I'd let everyone know, because of this OP, I just went and ordered an EZ pass online lol.
hahaha! I thought I was the only one... The entire reason I never had EZ pass was because I dont want that ugly thing on my windshield..

This is a good day.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EZ-Pass operable from G Sport Sunglass holder