G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Rattles in the G35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 11:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No rattles for me. I did notice a little bit of creaking from the dash area at around -35 degrees Celsius but at that temperature I have a tendency to bitch and moan so I don't blame the car for that one.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the passenger seatbelt area has had a bad rattle pretty much since day 1, even prior to wheels/lowering- thats the one that drives me crazy.

Old 07-24-2007, 09:46 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm pretty sure a majority of cars out there rattle. Unless it's a obvious part that is broken, cracked, etc. either have it fixed, or turn the stereo up. Nothing bugs me more than reading these posts that do nothing but slam the car we all chose to buy, rattling noise or not. Not a deal breaker for me. Why not channel this frustration towards the state or federal highway associations? If we have a smoother road, maybe our damn cars won't rattle. Who knows. Okay, I'm done for now. Thanks for letting me vent! Rock on!

Old 07-24-2007, 11:18 AM
I don't have a G35/37 (yet), but of the 5 cars I've owned in my lifetime, the only one that was squeak & rattle-free was my first; a 1979 Buick Regal with 140,000 miles on it. What did 1979 Buick know about building cars that modern-day GM, Ford, BMW, and apparently even Infiniti doesn't? I guess skinny tires, a soft suspension, and body-on-frame construction had something going for it; suppressing NVH.

My '91 Ford T-bird was the worst--lots of rattles and creaks from the cheap plastic dash and door panels. Took me a solid year to find and fix most of them. Compared to that, my two 4th gen Camaros were actually a big improvement. My '04 GTO is tolerable but occasionally the door panels creak and the seat has a "stretching leather" sound to it.

I've never owned a premium-brand car like Infiniti or BMW but it bugs me to think that even these cars have some rattle/squeak issues. I get really annoyed at funny noises from my "cheap" cars; much less something I paid $30k or more for. I hope the G35 and G37 get all the little noises ironed out as production ramps up.

Honestly I'd buy a C6, even though it's priced higher than I normally would even consider, but the repuation for rattles and squeaks scares me off. The removable roof on the current C6 seems to be a constant source of noise, based on posts on Vette forums. If I could get a non-Z06 hardtop I'd be more interested.

All I really ask for in a car, is 13-second performance, good handling, a comfy interior, and rock-solid build quality, at a low price. Is that so hard?

Old 07-24-2007, 12:46 PM
Almost 12K and rattle free

I haven't had any car rattling problems so far, and I've been listening. So much so that I thought I'd found a buzzing coming from the armrest area. Turns out is was two soda cans touching each other!

Of course, now that I've declared my car rattle-free, I have to knock on some wood... Or the cheap wood veneer here at work...

He2

Old 07-24-2007, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by KJC5050
2500 miles and it's rock solid and quiet: no rattles whatsoever.
Ditto for me...

Old 07-24-2007, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the input everyone!

Old 07-24-2007, 07:50 PM
My back-up car a 94 Honda Accord has been the best out of the cars I've owned. Believe it or not my 02 WRX Wagon with 90k miles has no dash rattles, just some some minor ocassional buzzing from the seats. My 00 Passat had rattles and so did my 98 Prelude. My Prelude was so bad I sold it within a year. Like I've heard people say maybe cars built mid week are put together better than Monday or Friday cars.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:08 PM
During a test drive of 07 G35 sedan, the car rattled so much that it scared me to even thinking about buying the G. I did bought a different G, and now I wish I didn't. The interior is one of the worst compare to other cars that I have owned. Let me name them: Toyota Supra, Toyota 4runner, WRX, Honda accord, Evo 8, Toyota Sequoia. BTW the G is the most expensive car that I have ever owned. I expect more or just the same level of quality of other cars. You are not always get what you paid for, in this case I got more, more rattle that is

They still need to fix my steering column that has rattle issues.

Old 07-26-2007, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by wrxrocks
During a test drive of 07 G35 sedan, the car rattled so much that it scared me to even thinking about buying the G. I did bought a different G, and now I wish I didn't. The interior is one of the worst compare to other cars that I have owned. Let me name them: Toyota Supra, Toyota 4runner, WRX, Honda accord, Evo 8, Toyota Sequoia. BTW the G is the most expensive car that I have ever owned. I expect more or just the same level of quality of other cars. You are not always get what you paid for, in this case I got more, more rattle that is

Sounds like you have a lemon...or a car built on Monday or Friday...

From what I know about Nissan (owned four) and almost everything I read on this site you're the exception to the rule.

Old 07-29-2007, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by wrxrocks

And just one more observation: Why is a guy with "wrxrocks" as his member name buying a G35?

And if the test drive of the first '07 was riddled with "issues" and you still bought ANOTHER '07 then shame on you.

In review the whole post makes no sense...

Go shopping for another Subaru...

Old 07-29-2007, 02:20 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Nissans have never been known to be rattle free. Other than going the German route and suffering with electrical nightmares, Toyota/Lexus in general are "relatively" rattle free with the bonus of reliability.

Old 07-29-2007, 05:46 PM
Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts
G35x
No rattles on mine. As for other Nissan products I have owned...my old departed '87 Max with 190K miles and my current '02 Maxima with 63K miles are rattle free as well.