G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Kenstyle body kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 12:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fred, thanks for your inputs, and sorry you have had such difficulty with your install. Are you of the opinion that if someone does NOT have the adaptive cruise control, that fitment would not be a problem? I.e., does the quality of the kit overall (barring the cruise control snafu) seem to be in line with the OEM quality? Thanks in advance for your help...

Originally Posted by fred35
Figure i'd help out with some answers.

The front is held in place by 6 screws. two at each wheel well and then one at each of the center "towers" (sorry, don't know what else to call it). No tape is used.

The spats in the rear are held on by tape and screws. The screws in the wheel well and then tape along the surface of the rear bumper.

In all pieces, drilling is required. The "towers" require drilling into the existing bumper's inlet area. New holes are drilled as well in the wheel wells. I had/have mud flaps on the car when I bought it so there's extra holes now Wondering if Infiniti or someone makes caps like they do with the bumper/front license plate holes?

I'll wash up the car and try to take some pics of what my lil fiasco looks like. Bringing it back to the shop on Monday to get it fixed up.

Old 08-11-2007, 01:13 AM
Originally Posted by infinitipearl
Fred, thanks for your inputs, and sorry you have had such difficulty with your install. Are you of the opinion that if someone does NOT have the adaptive cruise control, that fitment would not be a problem? I.e., does the quality of the kit overall (barring the cruise control snafu) seem to be in line with the OEM quality? Thanks in advance for your help...
I'm definitely not an expert in terms of these kits and the quality but it looks great. It's a really nice piece and am really disappointed by the little snafu. Aesthetically, the front looks great and flows with the rest of the car very well. Someone mentioned in this thread that it was not a big difference from the regular look of the car. I'd have to agree but for me that subtle difference was what I wanted (nothing too obnoxious looking). With the rear spats...well, the jury's kinda out on their looks. I think its b/c of the lines/contours that are on that surface of the rear bumper already. Not sure it works very well. Kenstyle might've been better off just making a larger piece to cover the existing bodywork. Just my opinion.

Based on DaZe's pics as well as what I see on mine, I really think that the fitment would be perfect if not for the ACC. The ironic thing is the Kenstyle promo pics show that it seems to fit perfect with the kit...guess I'm a sucker.

I was told it was made of FRP and found that someone had contributed info on the site (https://g35driver.com/forums/interior-exterior/54678-fiberglass-urethane-bodykit.html) so I'd like to think it was a good, quality buy but the saga continues....

Old 08-11-2007, 01:18 AM
I wonder why your having issues with it fitting correctly. In this picture, you can clearly see the ACC module in the front grill

You'd think that they'd make it fit without cutting it up.

Old 08-13-2007, 01:39 AM
Originally Posted by fred35
full shots of the car...debating about keeping the front mud guards on.
thanks for the pix! i thing the splashguards look just fine, but just my opin...

Old 08-13-2007, 01:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
surprised the body shop didn't fix the fitment issue

Old 08-13-2007, 02:49 AM
Originally Posted by Sundeviljay
surprised the body shop didn't fix the fitment issue
In all fairness, it looked fine when I left the shop; we inspected it together. I noticed a couple of days later that it wasn't sitting right and they offered to fix things.

Old 08-13-2007, 04:00 AM
get rid of the splash guards the side sills will flow with the front lip and the rear valences also I think blue bat's vinyl rear bumper overlay would complete the look of your car. Sounds like you went to a good body shop if they offered to fix the fitment at no additional cost it's not that bad at all since there's really not a perfect fit with aero parts unless they are from factory/port installed.

Old 08-13-2007, 11:21 AM
you can really appreciate that kit much more on a silver car...shows off the lines much better.

Old 08-13-2007, 11:37 PM
fred35,

thanks for the pics. DO NOT GET RID OF THAT KIT! it looks awesome. i doubt you'll be able to find a more OEM looking kit. the car should come with this from the factory. I think your shop should be able to fix the fitment issue. it doesn't look like anything too major.

is your car lowered? If so, what springs or coilovers?

btw, what is that little dented in area at the center area of your front lip?

Last edited by homer_atl; 08-14-2007 at 12:36 AM.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:39 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by homer_atl
btw, what is that little dented in area at the center area of your front lip?
i believe, thats where the ken style logo goes.

Old 08-14-2007, 02:05 AM
Update on things. The shop fixed the fitment problem; cut off the smallest strip so that the ICC is not impacted. Overall, pretty happy with it. I was a bit worried about how it would look and if it would be noticeable or if there would be damage to the paint but hey, they're pros!!! There's still a small gap at the towers but it's at least even on both sides now. I think it's unavoidable in my situation now as the holes have been drilled and I'm not about to put more in....something to watch out for though for folks that do it (I'm the guinea pig :P). Someone pm'd me that it might be b/c they didn't start out with the center screws; totally plausible but damn instructions were in Japanese (not that I ever read directions). Happy to say the irritating whirring sound is now gone which is the biggest relief.

Thanks for the input on the mud guard guys. Will probably pull them off to see how it looks (and maybe make back some money by selling them off).

Homer: Now that the problems gone, I'm so loving it No springs installed yet...probably just bad lighting and an old camera :P Should have the springs next week and then the wheels shortly thereafter. Hope my next post will be with everything completed (for now ).
Evilmonkey got it right about the indentation. I'll install the logo hopefully over the weekend.

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. Shout out to William at Williams Auto Body in San Mateo for all their help and leaving the customer satisfied.

Old 08-14-2007, 04:30 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Glad to hear you got it Fixed and Lined up better! I really Love that Subtle Bodykit, Really Compliments the G's Lines without being so "OUTTHERE" like some other radical kits! Oh and Where did you order this Kit from?? Japan or in the U.S Somewhere? Can't wait to see updated Pics with your Drop and Rims!

Old 08-14-2007, 04:05 PM
Great looking kit! I'm glad to know there is some tasteful stuff out there already.

Old 08-14-2007, 07:52 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Daze/Fred, what was the cost of this kit?

Old 08-15-2007, 01:44 AM
GC/Mike: I got it thru Bulletproof Automotive; took about 60 days
http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com...il.php?ID=6232

Kinda mad now after looking at it though b/c they advertise price matching now. Someone here (another post) mentioned the japanparts.com price and I called them about price matching (after I committed to order and put a deposit) and they got a bit defensive saying they were gonna call 'em on that b/c they were the only authorized US dealer that could bring it in and had exclusive rights with Kenstyle.

Also, they didn't offer it at the time but they appear to be selling the front and rear spats separately; they only offered it as a full kit when I went to them.
http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com...il.php?ID=6341
http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com...il.php?ID=6342

Oh well

Last edited by fred35; 08-15-2007 at 01:58 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kenstyle body kit