G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Can't decide about Platinum Graphite

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2007 | 10:10 PM
|
Can't decide about Platinum Graphite

I am having a hard time making a decision. I drove an 07 G35 Journey Sedan in PG yesterday and really liked it. I just don't know if I am 100% sold on the PG color. Up close you can really see the metallic properties of the paint but not from far away. Also the color looks really good from some angles but just blah from others. The car did have a layer of dust on it from sitting on the lot. For those of you that have PG does it "bling" with a good wash and wax? PG is about the only color that I would get besides Lakeshore but I have had a blue car for a long time and want a change.

Old 08-19-2007 | 10:26 PM
Platinum graphite is a really nice color, but more importantly the G35 is a really nice car. The color really shouldn't matter that much unless you really hate it. I just got my LP because it was the only car on the lot with the options I wanted.

Old 08-19-2007 | 10:35 PM
Blue Onyx/Slate all the way

Old 08-19-2007 | 10:55 PM
Moderation-free
Staff Alumni
I took a long time choosing between OB and PG, and finally chose PG because:
  • PG really shows depth with different lighting - in the sunlight you can really see the angles and curves of the car
  • It doesn't show dirt (not that mine is ever dirty , and looks decent even after rain and dust
  • And finally, it looks really great with the carbon interior
  • Yes it snaps more when it's clean, especially with Zaino. It doesn't ever reflect as much as a darker color, but looks great (check out the pics in the owner's sub-page). Note that in cloudy weather it just turns grey tho

LS is also a great color, would def have looked at that if the dealer had one on the lot.

Either way you'll be happy

Old 08-20-2007 | 12:10 AM
Looks great to me....

Old 08-20-2007 | 12:22 AM
|
Originally Posted by csdstudio
Looks great to me....

Really nice car. Looks sic with the M45 wheels. Thanks for posting the pics. Helps me make my decision.

Thanks for the other member replies also.

Old 08-20-2007 | 12:27 AM
My coupe was pg and it's real easy to keep clean.Metallic colors like lp, pg or a champagne color always hides dirt pretty well.
There are colors that stand out a little more but they are going to take more to maintain.I have black now looks good but i am on 24/7 dirt alert.I don't mind though.

Old 08-20-2007 | 02:29 AM
I was on the fence between Blue Slate and Platinum Graphite. I decided to get the PG because it's a lighter color that hides dirt, but also because I love the color. It changes hues depending on the light -- it can be gray, silver, and even purple/violet. I have the black interior and it's just a gorgeous car.

I posted pics of my car in the Picture page in the PG thread.

Old 08-20-2007 | 10:15 PM
Very happy w PG - hides dirt and is, fantastic like the pics above when clean, really set off by the trim- but the Lakeshore is one very nice shade of blue with its own set of changes with light conditions. Fact is this car looks good in every color offered!

Old 08-21-2007 | 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by 5thDegree
Really nice car. Looks sic with the M45 wheels. Thanks for posting the pics. Helps me make my decision.

Thanks for the other member replies also.
A little off topic but can you send me a pic of the rear wheels from a rear shot (looking at offset poking out? if any)

Old 08-21-2007 | 02:48 PM
Sure, before and after 10MM wheels spacers...

Before...

After...

Old 08-21-2007 | 05:33 PM
Yippi-kay-yay motherf*ckr
I love my baby! I was thinking of getting it in black but they didn't have a black AWD. Plus everybody says it's a pain in the a$$ to keep it clean. So i'm very happy. Can't help but look back at her fine a$$ every time i'm walking away

Old 08-22-2007 | 12:41 AM
RCK
I was between the platinum graphite and the blue slate; chose blue slate for many of the reasons g354jb chose the platinum graphite. To me, depending on the amount and direction of sunlight, the blue slate changes color from gray to blue to violet.

Whether blue slate or platinum graphite, both hide dirt well and when well waxed show off the lines of the car.

I also chose the blue slate because before I bought the car I saw so many platinum graphite G35s; but now all I see are blue slates.

But all in all, the color is a secondary consideration when it comes to how superb this car is. I just love the power, secure and supple handling and the sheer sexiness of the G.

Old 08-22-2007 | 12:48 AM
Originally Posted by RCK
But all in all, the color is a secondary consideration when it comes to how superb this car is. I just love the power, secure and supple handling and the sheer sexiness of the G.
Hear, hear!! Agreed!!!

Old 08-22-2007 | 10:12 AM
Lakeshore!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Can't decide about Platinum Graphite