G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

How did I ever live without Nav + XM Traffic?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 04:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does it not annoy you that you can't access most of the important traffic information when you are driving? They should update the software to either allow for scrolling of traffic information or use a smaller font size so it all fits on the screen.

Also, when you don't have a route plugged in (you are driving home from work) and want to know what the general traffic is like, you can only see the first 5 reports. Very frustrating. It's taking the safety aspect of the lockout way too far. If I can scroll between radio stations I should be able to scroll to read the traffic information.

Old 08-22-2007, 04:41 PM
If It Wasnt For Xm Nav Traffic Id Be In Traffic Right Now!!!!!!

Old 08-22-2007, 05:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have had the XM traffic for the past year. It is nice in some situations like downtown LA. But it will get frustrating when you are sitting in traffic and the system has little to no information to help you out. Very spotty coverage even in SoCal. And sometimes it takes forever to update once you input your route. I liked it better on my AVIC-D2 unit, better interface and I had it bypassed to allow full function while moving.

Let me know what you think of it after 6 months, I'm thinking about dumping mine due to lack of reliable information when I need it.

Old 08-22-2007, 05:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i let my free trial period lapse w/o renewing b/c i dont use the radio that much. xm traffic is nice, but i would rather get it w/o xm radio. maybe if the merger goes thru and they offer a la carte pricing i would reconsider.

Old 08-22-2007, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by st1sj
i let my free trial period lapse w/o renewing b/c i dont use the radio that much. xm traffic is nice, but i would rather get it w/o xm radio. maybe if the merger goes thru and they offer a la carte pricing i would reconsider.
I was told that you could just get the nav traffic update for $9.99/month. I just started mine today, we'll see how I like it.

I have a feeling that whenever I hop on the beltway or on I-95 and have the nav try to warn me of traffic and alternate routes, it'll just explode from trying to figure out the clusterf**k that is Northern VA/Washington DC.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:26 AM
Originally Posted by XR400R
For me, the wife frequently won't speak to me. Sometimes, the most meaningful conversation I have all day are with "Geena." I think I have a crush on her.
Oh, definitely, me too. Geena is always so pleasant, no matter what I do, especially when I don't listen to her. My wife is much less pleasant when something goes in one ear and out the other.

Originally Posted by sprjin
i love it when she says "you have arrived at your destination"
how can i live without you?! haha
I love the way she completely garbles the street names. She's so sexy when she's giving directions, and then she hits a street name, and it's like her evil twin or Russian cousin takes over. Here in southern CA we have lots of long Spanish street names. I laugh every time I hear her garble "Sepulveda".