G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

My phone keeps hanging up on people!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 06:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Bluetooth keeps hanging up on people!!!

I have a Treo 650 that I have paired with the Bluetooth speakerphone in my '07 G35x. Everytime my call waiting beeps in the car hangs up on both the person I'm talking to and the person who is trying to reach me. It doesn't give me the opportunity to switch calls. It just hangs up on everyone.

Anyone else experiencing this problem? Anyone know maybe how to fix it?

I plan on calling my dealer in the morning, but they're closed right now.

Last edited by MikeyC; 08-26-2007 at 11:09 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:37 AM
So . . . I'm the only one with this problem?

Old 08-27-2007, 01:29 PM
So far, I haven't gotten a call while I was already using the phone. I can try this out later when I get some time. Did you try using another phone to see if it has the same issue as your Treo 650?

Old 08-27-2007, 01:37 PM
Not having the same problem. The bluetooth would just cut the call off regardless if someone else was calling in or not. This was on the Nextel 880.

Just got new LG V9900s so I'll be able to compare the bluetooth quality.

Old 08-27-2007, 01:38 PM
Sorry

I haven't come across your problem with my phone.

I have a Sprint PPC6700 and when I receive a second call, I hear the call waiting beep. Unfortunately, there is no ID or option to switch over from the car controls. I would have to pull my phone out and switch through the phone.

The wifey is due to get a Treo 755 this week. When I link her up, I'll make a point to see if it is a Treo issue or not.

He2

Old 08-27-2007, 02:38 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by MikeyC
I have a Treo 650 that I have paired with the Bluetooth speakerphone in my '07 G35x. Everytime my call waiting beeps in the car hangs up on both the person I'm talking to and the person who is trying to reach me. It doesn't give me the opportunity to switch calls. It just hangs up on everyone.

The Treo's have a problem when you don't answer Callwaiting and it goes to VM and they leave a message the tone disconnects your calls. Always had this happen on my 700wx and its a known issue with the TREOS. I finally got a Mogul and been happy with it.

Old 08-27-2007, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by G35_TX
The Treo's have a problem when you don't answer Callwaiting and it goes to VM and they leave a message the tone disconnects your calls. Always had this happen on my 700wx and its a known issue with the TREOS. I finally got a Mogul and been happy with it.
What's a Mogul? Aside from this issue I LOVE my Treo and would have a hard time giving it up because I use it for work.

I'm not even letting the call go to voicemail. As soon as I get the first beep it cuts both people off. I can see the choice for swap calls come up on the screen, but it's only there for a split second before the car hangs up on everyone.

Old 08-27-2007, 03:04 PM
The 680 doesn't work at all....

Call the cell phone provider not the dealer.
It's a well noted problem with the phone...
Do a search on the palm site - lots of unhappy people.

Old 08-27-2007, 03:14 PM
Premier Member

What's a Mogul? Aside from this issue I LOVE my Treo and would have a hard time giving it up because I use it for work.

I'm not even letting the call go to voicemail. As soon as I get the first beep it cuts both people off. I can see the choice for swap calls come up on the screen, but it's only there for a split second before the car hangs up on everyone.
It was great for me as well except BT didn't want to work half the time. www.treocentral.com has a lot of good info.

Mogul is the new Pocket PC phone for Sprint.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:20 AM

I would blame the phone and not the car. I had several Treos's 650, 680 & 700p and none would hold a connectoin to the car. I also used a Nokia E61, Blackberry Pearl and a iPhone and they alll work fine. The only fix I know of is to get rid of the Treo and by yourself a nice blackberry.

Old 08-29-2007, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by gdbjr
I would blame the phone and not the car. I had several Treos's 650, 680 & 700p and none would hold a connectoin to the car. I also used a Nokia E61, Blackberry Pearl and a iPhone and they alll work fine. The only fix I know of is to get rid of the Treo and by yourself a nice blackberry.
I suppose I could ask Verizon to turn off my call waiting too, but I need to get my phone calls.

I'm due for a new phone and as much as I hated my Blackberry 7250 I think I'm going to try the Blackberry 8830. It's currently being "tested" by Infiniti. So, can anyone confirm from experience that it works? It's a shame that none of the Palm phones seem to work with Bluetooth enabled cars.

Alternatively, I may look into switching to an iPhone and AT&T but I'm on a family share plan right now on Verizon. So, that saves me a lot of money.

Old 09-03-2007, 09:39 PM
Treo

I have a Verizon Treo 700P, and it works OK, but had the same disconnect probelm on call waiting. Palm posted an update that fixed that problem, but now I have network connectivity issues. They pulled back the update, and I am waiting for it to be reissued with a fix. Hopefully the BT will still work OK.

Old 09-03-2007, 09:56 PM
Bad Toro
I think I've started noticing the problem as well. I have an LG VX8100 and that sucker hung up in the middle of a conversation despite having full strength reception But then again, how would the Bluetooth system have anything to do with that?

Old 09-04-2007, 07:16 PM
I recently switched from a Nextel/Sprint I870 to a Nextel/Sprint I7100i Blackberry. When someone hits me up via the two way radio, I cannot respond through my bluetooth connection. I have to shut off the bluetooth to continue my conversation. Does anyone have the same problem? My I870 worked fine and it wasn't even on the approved list.... And the 7100i is approved.

Old 09-04-2007, 08:56 PM
Similar problem...but found that if I switch calls using the phone (not the car), then the first call can be switched. After that, (going back to the initial call), I often get hang ups. Does anyone have the link to the treocentral or MTDN thread that addresses this issue?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My phone keeps hanging up on people!!!