G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Acceleration issue with 07 G35X

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 05:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acceleration issue with 07 G35X

Hello all,
This is the best G forum on the internet right here!

So let me relate my experience with you, and see what you think. I live in Colorado which is 1 mile above sea level (darn engine loses 20% HP at this altitude!). I first test drove an 07 G35X and noticed that under a full throttle launch, the engine completely scaled back when going from first to second, and the VDC light lit up (as if the tires were slipping but they weren't).

Even the dealer said this was unusual. Then I bought mine, and noticed the same behavior repeating itself...this occurs in both D and DS modes. Pulls hard to redline, then the engine cutoff for a full second, then on into second and back on the steam.

My friend buys a G35X, and guess what? Same symptom...when I switch off the VDC, the problem goes away

The service manager at the dealership said he notices this and assumes there will be a TSB in a few months...

Does anyone else here notice this? I can verify there is NO wheel slippage...I mentioned the altitude here in Colorado because I am wondering if this is a factor in the transmission sensors, which I understand detect internal pressure among other things?

Oh, and I should mention I waited until about 800 miles were put on before subjecting my car to these experiments.

Old 08-30-2007, 06:12 PM
I also live in Colorado, and I noticed this same behavior on the first G35x that I drove at the dealer. While waiting to receive my car, I had an 07 X demo for about 3 weeks, but I didn't notice it on this car. I just passed 1000 miles on my G35x -- so I haven't driven it too hard -- but I haven't noticed the behavior on my car.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by QuoVadimus
I also live in Colorado, and I noticed this same behavior on the first G35x that I drove at the dealer. While waiting to receive my car, I had an 07 X demo for about 3 weeks, but I didn't notice it on this car. I just passed 1000 miles on my G35x -- so I haven't driven it too hard -- but I haven't noticed the behavior on my car.

Interesting! I'm 3 for 3 with my experiences but you have clearly driven a car that does not suffer from this anomoly.

I'll be anxious for more users' input on this subject...

Old 08-30-2007, 07:11 PM
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
My car does none of what you guys are talking about,, I have drag raced mine at 2 diff. tracks, and it shifted perfectly! right to redline and right into 2nd, 3rd, and so on. No hiccups, no pauses, or nothin,, I have just over 4000 miles on it. also when racing it i just left it in Drive, IMO, if the body's of these cars were as sound, and as good as the drivetrain, these sedans would really be something!!!! but i have had a few rattles that i am trying to track down,, also dealer really messed up the paint that i didn't notice when delivered.... also, the way some problems come and go on there own,, maybe these will do the same... regards...

Old 08-30-2007, 07:12 PM
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Sorry forgot to mention mine is an " X " also..

Old 08-30-2007, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by Ripmaster
Interesting! I'm 3 for 3 with my experiences but you have clearly driven a car that does not suffer from this anomoly.

I'll be anxious for more users' input on this subject...
I also test drove a 6MT but I didn't experience the behavior on that one. I remember that it was really bad on the first test drive car. I drove the demo (that I had for 3 weeks) hard and I know I didn't experience this with that car. I haven't thrashed my car quite to that extent yet but I haven't experienced the vsp cutting in with no slippage.

Last edited by QuoVadimus; 08-31-2007 at 12:40 AM.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:53 PM
i experienced this same symptom on my co-workers car...we are in chicago...G35X.

i didnt notice any lights light up, probably because i was wondering why it felt like the driveline just dropped out of the bottom of the car. lol.

Old 08-31-2007, 07:16 AM
My '07 has no such problem, and I'm at 2400 miles.

Old 08-31-2007, 11:08 AM
It's happened to me once. It was an acceleration lane with a slight curve & uphill to it. Seemed to me I indeed got a bit of wheel slip or at least a diff in the rotation. I chalked it up to the slope & curve, but have not been able to replicate. All other "launches" have been fine at I am at about 2300 miles.

Jesse

Old 08-31-2007, 12:44 PM
If i get on my car hard, I can get wheel sleep, and the AWD and VDC will kick in, (you will see the slip light flash or vdc light, whatever it is). The fact that it doesn't do it when using VDC means that it is part of the stability control or AWD that is doing it, so I wouldn't be too worried about it.

If you want it to stop, you could try getting better tires. The all seasons on the X kind of suck for performance runs like that.

Old 08-31-2007, 03:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Interesting, I will have to test this. Usually, there is not enough road for me to try something like this.

The only time I've encountered something similar to what you describe is when I'm driving abit like a spanner and doing sharp turns.

I'll find a quiet road after work to test this.

Old 09-01-2007, 03:45 PM
I live in Colorado, also have a G35x, and have that very same problem. I usually just put my transmission in DS and turn off the VDC if I'm gonna floor it.

I thought it was normal.

Old 09-01-2007, 08:13 PM
Hey Tommy303,
The service manager at Infiniti of Denver said it was definitely NOT normal and said to look for a TSB fix in a few months...

I do the same when I want to get on it; I put it in DS mode and turn off VDC...but when I'm just driving around and then suddenly need to pass someone, sometimes I don't have time to go through all that and it just sux when it happens!

Oh, and this heppens in a completely straight line, no corners or wet roads or anything else involved...there is NO wheel slippage occurring...

Last edited by Ripmaster; 09-01-2007 at 08:15 PM. Reason: adding a comment
Old 09-04-2007, 09:23 PM
I can get wheel slippage on a dry road going straight... easy with these tires. But maybe the altitude is doing something screwey to the computer.

Last edited by mikepro; 09-04-2007 at 09:27 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, my car does the same. Although it's hard to find roads long enough that will allow the testing of this, but it does happen in my X as well.

Now that I'm aware of the issue, I've noticed that when I go to pass, the pause before the downshift is a little long in the tooth...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Acceleration issue with 07 G35X