G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Are there any trunk CD changer replacements?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 08:55 AM
Bad Toro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish I could get rid of it altogether. The other day I tried fitting a box into the trunk and I was needed just another 1" to fit it but the damn changer was in the way.

Old 11-12-2007, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by lowraxe
Just pulled my changer out. Pretty easy actually. There's four pins that hold up the top liner, and four bolts that hold the changer in place. I left the liner off completely, but would like to replace it with a proper liner at some point. My dealer told me 100 bucks for the replacement. dopey, if you know where I can get it for 72, let me know. And if anyone wants to buy a barely used changer, let me know.

Now on to how to make use of that input connector!
My dealer thinks that it's part #84951JK000 for the non-changer top liner. Quoted $91.93. Can anyone confirm if this is the correct part?

Old 11-12-2007, 04:06 PM
I realize that prerecorded Compact Discs are becoming obsolete. Heck, even Jim Cramer was discussing how Best Buy has too much floor space allocated to CDs. Apparently by next year, the record companies will start to limit the number of CDs they ship out, as the digital distribution has taken over, and eclipsed the packaged CD.

However, for pure sound quality is the CD not better than all the other sources in the car. It is better than the xm radio, better than the MyGig, which samples at 192K, better than the ipod, better than the compact flash. So if you have 6 CDs which you appreciate for sound quality only, is this not a good use for the 6 cd changer?

Having said that, I have yet to a put a CD in the trunk yet. I have only played the CD to transfer it to the MyGig HD.

YMMV,
Lunchman

Old 11-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by weinberk
My dealer thinks that it's part #84951JK000 for the non-changer top liner. Quoted $91.93. Can anyone confirm if this is the correct part?
I don't have the part number, but that sounds about right on the price. I had the part's guy look at the car with me and he went and pulled up the parts on a non-nav G35 by VIN and printed me a picture of it. The plastic pins that hold the liner up break really easy when removed he said, so it's possible that you'd have to buy one or two of them. I haven't gotten around to being motivated enough to remove the cd changer, but sometime this winter i might.

Old 11-12-2007, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by dopey
I don't have the part number, but that sounds about right on the price. I had the part's guy look at the car with me and he went and pulled up the parts on a non-nav G35 by VIN and printed me a picture of it. The plastic pins that hold the liner up break really easy when removed he said, so it's possible that you'd have to buy one or two of them. I haven't gotten around to being motivated enough to remove the cd changer, but sometime this winter i might.
Thanks dopey. I may give it a shot soon. You'd think that the liner would come with the tabs/pins, but who knows. I'll chime in when I know more.

Old 11-12-2007, 05:45 PM
i wouldn't mind having my CD changer in the trunk if it played MP3's. I'm too lazy to burn a CD with only 18 tracks on it b/c i know i'll get tired of those songs too quick...

Old 11-12-2007, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by disgookonfiya
i wouldn't mind having my CD changer in the trunk if it played MP3's. I'm too lazy to burn a CD with only 18 tracks on it b/c i know i'll get tired of those songs too quick...
Yup - Infiniti dropped the ball on that one. There are plenty of shortcomings with the Music Box too, but overall, I'd make the same decision to get it again if I had to.

Old 11-12-2007, 09:36 PM
does the 08 come with a changer in the back???

Old 11-12-2007, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by hrp783
does the 08 come with a changer in the back???
I belive it's the same as the 07 sedan: Nav = trunk cd changer with "music box", non-nav=in dash cd changer, no music box.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:07 PM
Anybody remove their changer yet?

I didn't think it was a big deal until me and 3 friends tried to fit our luggage in the trunk and had issues getting it to fit!

Old 11-21-2007, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by FATurbo
Anybody remove their changer yet?

I didn't think it was a big deal until me and 3 friends tried to fit our luggage in the trunk and had issues getting it to fit!
I ordered the trunk liner. will report back as soon as I have made some progress.

Old 11-21-2007, 08:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Someone last year at a dealership I went to paid for the liner replacement before taking delivery of their G. The total cost was a whopping $350 (part + labor). If it's only $90, I'm down. I'll email some places for a quote, then just install it myself.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by Lunchman
However, for pure sound quality is the CD not better than all the other sources in the car.
The quality of the music pressed on the CD has been getting worse as years go by. They're making it "louder" and clipping the audio. Also, if you convert your CD uncompressed audio using a GOOD MP3 encoder, I doubt you'll hear the difference on the stock Bose system.

Use Exact Audio Copy to rip your CDs and LAME to encode the MP3s as variable bitrate. I uses a 4 GB CompactFlash card for my audio needs.

Here's a website I found through Google that should help: http://mp3.radified.com/

Old 11-28-2007, 01:18 AM
Sorry it took me so long to get around to posting this picture. Not really much you can tell from this, as I should have taken a "before" picture too for a comparison. I haven't gotten a replacement liner yet, though I think I will at some point...I'm a little worried when I put stuff in the trunk that I'm going to break something or puncture a speaker or something.

By the way, has anyone come up with a more creative way to mount that stupid cargo net? It's also totally in the way when I try to put anything substantial in the trunk.

Attached Thumbnails Are there any trunk CD changer replacements?-img_1441_l.jpg   Are there any trunk CD changer replacements?-img_1442_l.jpg  
Old 11-28-2007, 07:50 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Good job removing the CD Changer. How long did it take you?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Are there any trunk CD changer replacements?