G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Replaced Driver's left side seat bolster at Tustin Infiniti

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 12:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replaced Driver's left side seat bolster at Tustin Infiniti

Took my car in for the first oil change. Showed the Service Manager my seat bolster and he said they would order the new part and replace it for me under warranty.

I didn't realize that they have to replace the entire seat surface; I thought they would replace just the left side bolster. Suffice it to say that the work Tustin Infiniti did was mediocre at best. There is a noticeable difference between the fit on the replaced seat and my passenger seat. There are some small lumpy areas, there are some gaps where the leather used to match up, and the left side bolster is already beginning to show the same wear after only a few days.

My advice would be to just live with the seat bolster as it is because the new seat cover won't resolve the problem.

Old 09-15-2007, 01:23 AM
thanks for the tip..

I am having the bolster problem.. and they refused to do anything.. but now I am glad they didn't do anything..

Can you take some pics of it?

Old 09-15-2007, 01:42 AM
bolster problem?

Old 09-15-2007, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by jzoloto
Took my car in for the first oil change. Showed the Service Manager my seat bolster and he said they would order the new part and replace it for me under warranty.

I didn't realize that they have to replace the entire seat surface; I thought they would replace just the left side bolster. Suffice it to say that the work Tustin Infiniti did was mediocre at best. There is a noticeable difference between the fit on the replaced seat and my passenger seat. There are some small lumpy areas, there are some gaps where the leather used to match up, and the left side bolster is already beginning to show the same wear after only a few days.

My advice would be to just live with the seat bolster as it is because the new seat cover won't resolve the problem.
I had my driver-side bolster replaced at Tustin too and they did a fine job. You must have just gotten shoddy work by someone rushing the job. I would take it back and demand they replace it again and make it right. They'll make it perfect if you ask for it.

Old 09-16-2007, 01:34 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I had mine replaced last week on the last day of my bumper to bumper warranty.They replaced the bolster only and it came out great! No lumps or bumps. The leather is the original cover and it looks as good as new. If you are not happy, bring it back. Don't accept anything you are not happy with. I wouldn't!