G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

my horrible experience with the infiniti roadside assistant

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 10:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my horrible experience with the infiniti roadside assistant

so i was out with my bf at the county fair this weekend.. and right when we got there, i noticed that the display screen showed "no key" i told my bf to check if i had my key in my bag, obviosly it was in there. so i got outta the car, trying to lock the doors, they wouldn't lock.. so long story short, i thought, maybe my I-key was outta function, so i just locked the doors with the key manually. anyhow, so i thought it would probably work again after a few hours or so. after the fair, we got back to the car. and it was like 10:30pm.. the car wouldn't start.. tried everything and i was freaking out as the steering wheel and everything was locked. of course i tried putting the key into the slot, thought it might work but it didn't. so my last solution is to call the infiniti roadside assistant for help..

to my surprise, they were almost no help to my car issue, all they said, and i quote "just tow it".. i couldn't believe they just said that instead of giving me guidence to what i should do! i mean what else could i have done? so i told them to call me a tow truck...

about 2 hours later, the tow truck FINALLY arrived... (the lot was EMPTY and the cop was actually there waiting for the tow truck with me, nice guy) So, the tow truck guy said he was instructed to tow the car to his tow yard, and they wont be towing it anywhere else, or the infiniti dealership until the next day. i live in santa monica, which is an hour away from the fair. it was getting late and i had no choice but to call a taxi.. so blah blah.. long story short again.. me and my bf waited for another 2 hours or so for the taxi that was called by the infiniti roadside assistant (after asking them for solution many, many times). didn't get home till 3am. a total of 5 hours wait for tow tuck + taxi.

if you think everything sounds okay... well, this is why i'm unhappy about this whole experience.. i had to take a taxi back to santa monica , which cost me $130 (more than an hour drive) paid out of my own pocket. i was freezing my *** off waiting for the damn taxi for hours. i dunno what the hell took them hours to get to us. when the guy towed my car, he towed it with my wheels LOCKED. when he was pulling my car from the ground up to the deck, i remember seeing my back wheels dragging on the ground while they were locked (without the wheels rolling like normal).. i asked him if that's normal.. and he was like yea! next thing i know, i saw my exhaust dragging on the ground too!! OMG!!!!!!!! i was sooooooo pissed off!!

is dragging the back wheels like that gonna mess anything up on my car??? dude, i was sooooo mad!! what do you guys think?!?!? or am i over reacted?!?!?

here are some pics =(

Last edited by jamjamz; 09-17-2007 at 10:16 PM.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That sounds bad, I would have hoped the RA was better than that. How long have you had your car, it looks like you still have the dealer tag.

Old 09-17-2007, 10:40 PM
Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts
damn that sucks..hope everything will be okie with ure car. wow 130 bucks for a 1 hour taxi ride krazy

Old 09-17-2007, 10:43 PM
thanks guys! and my car is under 4000 miles!!!!

Old 09-17-2007, 11:11 PM
Did you have your key near your cell phone in your purse?

Old 09-17-2007, 11:39 PM
yes... and that was the issue.. i always dump everything in my purse lol they have my keys replaced the next day! (the recall)

Old 09-17-2007, 11:52 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Sorry that happened to you. Roadside assistance actually did a pretty good job for me, tow truck arrived in about 30 minutes. BUT, you're absolutely right, have to stay on top of the tow truck guys, they'll do all kinds of weird stuff.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:00 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
whats the point of using RA?? we still have to pay for tow fee and all that bullcrap and i wouldnt trust any tow truck guys unless i was riding with them.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:08 AM
Premier Member

Looks like the tow truck guy didn't put the car in neutral. Hence, the rear tire not moving...I've seen tow truck guys that hooked the towing chain to the tie rod and snapped the tie rod and tried to blame the customer or the dealership...Some of those guys are retards...

Old 09-18-2007, 09:21 AM
One big motha...
oooooh man... they would not have heard the end of it from me... or my lawyer... Nothing gets me heated like people that treat other peoples stuff like crap b/c they are pissed off at their job I am paying them to do! sorry for hearing about that bad experience with the Roadside assistance. One thing you might want to check into is "Trip Interruption Benefits" Were you more than 100mi from home? Go to the infiniti site and in the Ownership tab there is more info on it. But if your 100mi from your house they will pay for all taxi and hotel accommodations... Might be something to look into...

Old 09-18-2007, 09:42 AM
man that is f**ked up!!! That really pisses me off just from reading this!

Old 09-18-2007, 09:46 AM
I just called my fiance and told her to keep that damn fob away from her cell, lol.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:53 AM
Sorry to hear about your woe. I'm with everyone else...I would've been pretty peeved. But, I'm making a note to myself that if my key ever appears to fail in a situation similar to yours, I think I'll call RA immediately!

RE: the phone/key issue. I've somewhat trained myself to keep my key in my left pocket and my phone on my right hip. I'm not used to carrying a key so it really has taken some getting used to. I had a truck that had a combination entry on the door, so I always just left my keys in the truck. If not for the G35's intelligence, I would've already locked my keys in the car more than once.

Anyway, glad you're back on the road again.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:19 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear about your ordeal. You might want to check to see if your insurance can take care of some of that. My sis got progressive insurance and they provided RA and tow to the nearest dealer (only). I don't know about other insurances (I'm not with them).

You all have heard of the TSB on the keys right? Mine is one of the newer ones and I have not had any prob. with my phone/key.

BTW, I'd gve Infiniti/Nissan Corp. a call and let them know what happened.

Old 09-18-2007, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by _evilMonkey_
whats the point of using RA?? we still have to pay for tow fee and all that bullcrap and i wouldnt trust any tow truck guys unless i was riding with them.
We still have to pay for the tow fee?!?!?!?!?!

Are you serious? What is the point of roadside assitance anyway?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: my horrible experience with the infiniti roadside assistant