G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Remote start in a G35 with pushbutton ignition

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 12:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote start in a G35 with pushbutton ignition

I just had a remote start installed in my 2007 G35x with pushbutton ignition. If the engine is remote started, you need to push the ignition button twice to get to the "on" mode before pressing on the brake. This make sense since normally you would need to crank the engine with your key inserted on a regular car. The installer did not need to bury a key. They used a new kind of module to bypass the ignition.

Everything works, but I wanted to ask if anyone else has these idiosyncrasies:
  1. If you accidentally hit the brake and the engine shuts off, restarting the car sometimes puts the car in a weird state. One time I was able to start driving, but the power steering wasn't on!
  2. If I start the engine using the remote start while in the car, I get a strange message on the Nav display about the "CONSULT" not being able to connect.

Old 10-02-2007, 12:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, that's the reason I decided not to have remote starter. It is too high tech. Too easy to screw up something. I have/had before on my all other car but not this one.

Sorry to hear it. I would definetely take it to the place where they installed it and tell them to fix it. That is scary stuff.

TG

Old 10-02-2007, 05:19 PM
i beleive you are using the FORTIN Can-bus module for the key bypass? do not recommend this part, has lots of prob burning up BCM's and IPDM modules in car. switch to the IDATALINK module ,u dont have to press button when u get in car if u have intellikey on you all u do is put foot on brake and off u go . i am an installer with an 07 sedan and usually use idatalink products but at the time i originally installed remote start in my car the FORTIN module was the only one available. when idatalink released the software for there modules i got one of the first ones and did alot of testing with the guys in there tech support. not sure who put your remote start in but i recommecd asking them about the idatalink module.

Old 10-02-2007, 06:34 PM
I concur with h2omann as a pro installer.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i need to get that bypass i jsut left the key in the glove box

Old 10-03-2007, 11:49 AM
if you didnt use a bypass module then what wiring info did you use to install remote start?? did u install it or did a shop?

the idatalink part # ADS-AL(DL)-CA programmed for version 2.9

Old 01-13-2008, 07:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know this thread is a little old, but H2omaan, I am looking at getting a remote starter and would like it to be used via the OEM intellikey, I fiound the idatalink component, but am not sure what's next? I'm assumming that does not include a remote starter? it's just a system link right? but now what do you recommend for the remote starter module? Is there anything else that's needed, or makes the install easier? i.e. wiring harness?

I'll probably have it professionally installed if it requires a lot of wire cutting, but I'm interested in seeing if I can do it myself and also know what products & costs I'm looking at.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:10 PM
I use an Audiovox 9076 remote start in conjunction with the Idatalink module which allows it to work off the I-key. This is NOT a DIY remote start install. Very easy to fry something. Especially the BCM where you make most of your connections.

Old 01-13-2008, 10:27 PM
does anyone know a good professional in NY that installs remote start? a professional that knows what he is doing.

Old 01-13-2008, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by giorgios
does anyone know a good professional in NY that installs remote start? a professional that knows what he is doing.
Umm I do....

Where are you in NY?

Old 01-13-2008, 11:10 PM
im from the bronx. how much will it cost?

Old 01-13-2008, 11:11 PM
im from the bronx. how much will it cost?

Old 01-14-2008, 10:18 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I've always wanted to start my car in the morning remotely.. What is involved in getting this work? sorry ima newb..... Do i need to get a after market alarm?

Old 01-14-2008, 10:26 AM
just wait till you have your first Valet parking incident....or anyone else driving your car for that matter

Old 01-14-2008, 12:12 PM
I just wanted to update this thread with some more info.

The CONSULT message is normal. The bypass module uses a "diagnostic" mode to get the car to start. The message goes away after a few seconds.

The issue I was having was having with the car starting in a weird state is NOT because of the remote start. I was able to reproduce that behavior by screwing around with the pushbutton start sequence. Anyone can do it.

The module used is the CAN-SL2 module and works great. However, it cannot control the rear defroster in a G35. It works best if you intend on using the Infiniti keyfob to start the car (press door lock three times.) If you want to use a different keyfob or install an alarm system, I've heard that a different module would be used.

I had it professionally installed and I'm glad I did. Pushbutton start cars can be a nightmare.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Remote start in a G35 with pushbutton ignition