G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

08 G35 Sedan Factory specs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 11:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 G35 Sedan Factory specs?

Im looking to get myself a G35 sedan but I read reviews that the 306hp engine sedan is capable of running 14.0 in car reviews. Isnt the new G37s rated around 14.0 also?

I been trying to make the decision on which one to get but if both cars are closely equal in speed I rather go with the g35 because of the price.

I have done a search on here and on google but couldnt find direct answers.

Thanks

Old 10-04-2007, 05:11 AM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
It should be the same as 2007.

The reason why the G37's are getting similiar times as G35's is because G37's weigh more. The extra weight negates the 30 hp gain.

Decision is yours though.

Old 10-04-2007, 05:37 AM
Originally Posted by hyukki
It should be the same as 2007.

The reason why the G37's are getting similiar times as G35's is because G37's weigh more. The extra weight negates the 30 hp gain.

Decision is yours though.
thats what I was thinking it was because of the weight also.

What would you recommend on a Sedans performance between the auto and manual version? I been a Honda guy for 8 years and we have always despised automatics but from searching on here I found that some drivers prefer it?

Old 10-04-2007, 07:57 AM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
The performance diff 0-60 between the 6MT and auto is reputed to be .1 seconds - haven't tested mine so don't know (and no-one has tested them back-to-back). If you're used to a Honda tho, you'll be satisfied with the performance either way (not putting down Hondas, I can say the same thing vs. my previous Maximas).

I planned to buy a 6MT, was shown the Sport with paddle shifters, and bought. Have never regretted it.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:14 AM
JMN
Slightly offtopic: I noticed on latest C&D or Motortrend I got they had long-term update on 07 sedan and they flashed it with 08 software and said throttle response got better.

Old 10-04-2007, 11:38 AM
I saw that too. That was my major gripe when test driving the auto.

Also, straight line, standing start acceleration numbers are not the only decider in wanting a 6spd vs. auto car. I find the 6spd to be more enjoyable in overall driving.

Old 10-04-2007, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by G35Now!
The performance diff 0-60 between the 6MT and auto is reputed to be .1 seconds - haven't tested mine so don't know (and no-one has tested them back-to-back). If you're used to a Honda tho, you'll be satisfied with the performance either way (not putting down Hondas, I can say the same thing vs. my previous Maximas).

I planned to buy a 6MT, was shown the Sport with paddle shifters, and bought. Have never regretted it.
Yea I am really liking the 08 G35 sedan in a 6MT if my local dealer can get me one for a good price

yea my Honda wasnt too bad powerwise during its time it did have a built head and direct port nitrous on it but since I am older now I was looking to join you guys with a high end stock car. no plans for modifications

Old 10-04-2007, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by 559MostWanted
Im looking to get myself a G35 sedan but I read reviews that the 306hp engine sedan is capable of running 14.0 in car reviews. Isnt the new G37s rated around 14.0 also?

I been trying to make the decision on which one to get but if both cars are closely equal in speed I rather go with the g35 because of the price.

I have done a search on here and on google but couldnt find direct answers.

Thanks
If you are planning on having more than two people in your car don't get the coupe. Sitting in the car with the seat in a normal position, the front seat was within a few inches of the rear seat. Both are fun to drive though.
I took the sedan because I have a wife and kid. Only complaint though is that I do wish the rear seats would fold down (I think they do in the coupe).

Old 10-04-2007, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by G-Me
If you are planning on having more than two people in your car don't get the coupe. Sitting in the car with the seat in a normal position, the front seat was within a few inches of the rear seat. Both are fun to drive though.
I took the sedan because I have a wife and kid. Only complaint though is that I do wish the rear seats would fold down (I think they do in the coupe).
yea me and the wife possibly kids in the near future will probably need the sedan. we were planning to buy a car and lease a car so I was planning to buy the G35 and lease a BMW. My original plan was to buy a C-class and lease a BMW but I really dont wanna buy a Euro car....

Only reason the Sedan had me thinking was because the G37 had the 30hp more for somewhat similiar price. But the reviews show the two being pretty equal

Old 10-04-2007, 09:49 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 559MostWanted

Only reason the Sedan had me thinking was because the G37 had the 30hp more for somewhat similiar price. But the reviews show the two being pretty equal
I don't know about similar price. The base of the G37 is several thousand more and each of the option packages - premium, sport, etc. are more expensive on the G37. The G37 ends up being a good 10%+ more expensive than the sedan. That said, you get cool stuff on the G37 like the 14" 4 piston Akebono brakes, 19" rims/tires.

I would have really liked the coupe, but the utility really killed it for me. No headroom at all in the rear seats and a 7.5 cu ft trunk!

Old 10-05-2007, 12:02 AM
Originally Posted by JMN
Slightly offtopic: I noticed on latest C&D or Motortrend I got they had long-term update on 07 sedan and they flashed it with 08 software and said throttle response got better.
Sorry... off topic is a good one though. Did it improve the performance at all? Which mag was it in?

Old 10-05-2007, 12:24 AM
Originally Posted by G-Me
Sorry... off topic is a good one though. Did it improve the performance at all? Which mag was it in?
The fix is for automatics and is for an overly sensitive throttle that made it hard for some people to drive smoothly. This was in this months Motor Trend.

Old 10-05-2007, 12:46 AM
Originally Posted by AlterZgo
I don't know about similar price. The base of the G37 is several thousand more and each of the option packages - premium, sport, etc. are more expensive on the G37. The G37 ends up being a good 10%+ more expensive than the sedan. That said, you get cool stuff on the G37 like the 14" 4 piston Akebono brakes, 19" rims/tires.

I would have really liked the coupe, but the utility really killed it for me. No headroom at all in the rear seats and a 7.5 cu ft trunk!
well what I meant is that for the price ill pay for a sedan it will get me similiar performance. sorry it sounded wrong the way it as type.

Old 10-05-2007, 05:23 AM
What was the article titled? I have been searching for the Motor Trend issue without any luck.

Old 10-10-2007, 04:51 PM
I found the article.

The article was listed as Long Term Test Update. Page 174 of the November 2007 Motor Trend Magazine.
Later,
Ray

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 08 G35 Sedan Factory specs?