G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

questions before buying

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 05:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
questions before buying

well ive been car searching lately with my family and was wondering, how is the overall car? Is it worth the cost, the maintenance, drive, small problems, basically the ups and downs. & deciding upon the g35 or the g35s, has anyone wanted to buy the s but decided to just buy the standard but now wished they have bought the s??

Old 10-28-2007, 05:42 PM
I've had the car for 3 months and so far I haven't had a single problem, I've got the G35S and have no regrets what so ever. If you go around the forum, you'll get a good sense of the problems that some people have been having.

Old 10-28-2007, 05:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love every minute in my G, sure there have been a few very minor issues but that will happen with any car. After almost a year seeing my car still makes me grin from ear to ear. I went with the X and I don't regret my decision at all.

Old 10-28-2007, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by ChristianN
I love every minute in my G, sure there have been a few very minor issues but that will happen with any car. After almost a year seeing my car still makes me grin from ear to ear. I went with the X and I don't regret my decision at all.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Old 10-28-2007, 06:21 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by punklion
well ive been car searching lately with my family and was wondering, how is the overall car? Is it worth the cost, the maintenance, drive, small problems, basically the ups and downs. & deciding upon the g35 or the g35s, has anyone wanted to buy the s but decided to just buy the standard but now wished they have bought the s??
We all hate the car, wish we hadn't bought it...just kidding.

Love the car, definitely great value, I bought the S so can't comment on the Journey etc. There are a ton of threads about this, suggest you search (try "love" in the title )

Old 10-28-2007, 06:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Love mine as well. It looks great and has a lot of power. No problems at all after 9 months.

Old 10-28-2007, 07:02 PM
I have two huge problems with it. First, I spend way more time in my garage, fiddling with it, washing it, polishing it, cleaning the windows again and again. I wish I cleaned my house this much. Second, I really don't pay attention much walking in streets and parking lots anymore because I'm too busy checking out my G as I walk to and away from it.

I have the Journey...and absolutely love it. Granted, I wish I would have gone Sport. At the time it was going to be months before I could get what I wanted in the Sport, so opted to just get the Journey. I love it...lots...and lots...but if I had the Sport and the Journey option I would definitley go Sport. But you won't be dissapointed with the Journey, I can tell you that.

Old 10-28-2007, 07:06 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by TheIvoryG
I have two huge problems with it. First, I spend way more time in my garage, fiddling with it, washing it, polishing it, cleaning the windows again and again.
+1
The wife thinks I'm nuts.
She asked me to go into the garage and grab her laptop out of her MDX.
I was gone for an hour.

She came in and found me waxing the G's wheels.

She acts like I'm being caught in bed with another girl!!!

Last edited by AesonVirus; 10-28-2007 at 07:52 PM.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:40 PM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Got the Journey w/ the 18" sport wheels. If the S tightens your budget too much I'd highly recommend getting the Journey w/ 18" wheel pack, it really finishes off the car perfectly. We love our Journey and although the S does pack alot of features for the money we're still lovin' our "plain jane". You can't pick a bad G, they all rock!
And like the others, I too spend massive quality buffing time w/ my G, lol.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:51 PM
J,s,x no matter what you'll love it. Just buy one. Doooo ettttt.
Seriously you won't regret it. I would drive all J,S,X and make a decision after that.

Tg

Old 10-28-2007, 08:56 PM
I was soo happy when i got mine....I just parked it in my backyard and grabbed a chair, sat down drank a beer and smoked a cig. I just stared at it all afternoon. I was so happy. Weird way of showing it though

Old 10-28-2007, 09:38 PM
It is a car that is always a thrill to drive. It is a car the catches the eye and keeps it. You never get "used" to this car. By that I mean After a year I still just stare at it sometimes admiring the styling.

Old 10-28-2007, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
+1
The wife thinks I'm nuts.
She asked me to go into the garage and grab her laptop out of her MDX.
I was gone for an hour.

She came in and found me waxing the G's wheels.

She acts like I'm being caught in bed with another girl!!!
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa
i can so imagine that.

basically pretty much love just about everything and with few minor mods it'll go from looking really nice to really really really nice ^^. the only i personally didnt like was the stock height. it was just too high . just my 2 cents

Old 10-28-2007, 11:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by punklion
I initially went shopping for a 6MT Sport, but then decided to get the AT sport after a couple of long test drives. I didn't like the compromises in the 6MT (smaller and shorter center console, no rear A/C vents, hanging/surging revs when shifting) plus I really liked the paddle shifters on the AT sport and how the AT behaved.

So, when I was ready to buy, I went in fully expecting to get an AT sport. However, I noticed that the thigh bolsters on the sport seats really cut into my thighs to a point where they were very painful after sitting in the car for only 15 minutes. I didn't notice this in the 6MT sport because my legs were more straight in front of me due to the need to operate the clutch. Because of the fact that I knew I would really regret buying a car in which I could not get comfortable in the seat, I ended up buying a non-sport.

Now, in retrospect, I wish I had just stuck w/ the sport. If I could not get used to the sport seats, I would still have the option of replacing it with a comfortable Recaro seat for about $1000.

Since I didn't buy the sport, it is now super cost prohibitive and likely impossible for me to add all the sport pkg items to the car (larger brakes, LSD, aluminum pedals, sportier air dam and side skirts, nice white stitching on the seats and steering wheel, and the paddle shifters which I miss the most).

My advice is to test drive both extensively before making your decision. You'll notice the sport seats are much tighter, but also have many more adjustments. The sport suspension tuning is extremely firm - to the point of being somewhat harsh over bumps and less than perfect roads. I think the Journey's suspension tuning is just about perfect for the car and much more comparable to the ride/handling compromise you'll find in a BMW.

If after test driving both, you decide you like the sport, the decision is then a no brainer. At about $1500, the sport pkg is an incredible bargain for all the stuff you get (forgot to mention the 18" rims w/ staggered wider rear tires in my list above).