G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Uploading files to Flash Card

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 07:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Uploading files to Flash Card

Hi-

I apologize if this had been covered, but I did a search and read a ton of posts and didn't find what I was looking for.

What is the correct method for uploading and sorting music onto the Flash Card? I see that there are folder and sub-folders, but I don't really understand that. At the moment when I play my flash card in the G35 it's sorted by album and there is no association to the artist whatsoever.

I'd love for it to sort by artist. A folder for each artist and then all the songs of that artist would be ideal. Also can you play all songs on the CF card on shuffle?

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks!

Old 10-31-2007, 12:25 PM
When playing from a flash card the sorting is haphazard. First off, there is no recongnition of file tags from the MP3 files. Nor is it alphabetical. My best understanding of the sorting is that it is sorted in the order the files and folders were placed onto the flashcard. That is to say, it uses the timestamp of the files and folders as they are written to the card (my observation). Windows is sometimes odd about the order it writes files when you drag and drop them (sometimes the last file in the selection is the first to be written). So it does take some planning if you care about the appearance on the chip.

I create folders on my hard drive named by artist and then create the files inside those folders. There after I drag each FOLDER one by one to the chip (single folders not selections). When dragging folders the files inside are written in the sort order that you had in windows.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:26 PM
^ exactly
first to be placed on the CF is the first to be played by the car.

just grad and drop the songs onto the CF from the PC

Last edited by alekinci; 11-02-2007 at 12:44 AM.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:33 PM
Utility

And this handy little utility will reorder the files on your compactflash card so that they are in alphabetic order in the G35: http://www.anerty.net/software/file/DriveSort.php

Old 11-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by Gorn
And this handy little utility will reorder the files on your compactflash card so that they are in alphabetic order in the G35: http://www.anerty.net/software/file/DriveSort.php

Hey Gorn,
Thanks for the link to sort my compact flash music alphabetically. I opened up the program and don't see how once I sort alpha how I save the order to my cf card. Am I not seeing the obvious with the program?
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Mike
G35 Torontoman

Old 11-05-2007, 08:08 PM
I figured it out. Easy peasy. I just save and quit the program and everything sorts itself out practically on my cf card.
cheers,
M