G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Dealer won't apply CC TSB unless CC actually has a problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 11:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer won't apply CC TSB unless CC actually has a problem

I just dropped off my car for service and wanted to get the CC TSB applied. I mainly want the CC TSB applied because it happens to also fix the sensitive throttle. I told them I did, but I never actually experienced the surging CC while going downhill because 1) I hardly use CC and 2) during the few times I used the CC, I don't think I ever went downhill.

This is the first time that they even heard about the CC TSB.
The dealer said they will not apply the TSB if they do not find an actual problem with the CC. DAMMIT!! They will test drive the car and see if they can find anything. This is kinda funny - this is the first time I actually want my car (the CC) to have a problem.

Now I'm wondering...
1) what does the surging feel like?
2) how steep a slope should the car be going down in order for the CC to surge?
3) how many of you had the TSB applied even though the CC did not have a problem? (and how did you coax the dealer into doing it?)

Anyway, the dealer I went to is Peninsula Infiniti in Redwood City, CA. This is my first time there ever since my original dealer closed down (Serramonte Infiniti in Daly City).

Last edited by CalsonicVQ; 11-09-2007 at 12:01 PM.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:28 AM
Can't you just tell them that you felt it surging?

I had never felt mine surge either, but just gave them the TSB number and told them that I needed it applied. I never told them I hadn't felt it, never told them I did. No questions asked by them. Its a TSB though...don't they have to?

Old 11-09-2007, 11:32 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts

1. How the heck does a dealership not have any knowledge of the TSBs that have been issued?
2. After showing them the actual TSB that has been released, how can they refuse to issue the fix?

Man, some dealers are freakin' brutal!

As for your question regarding the CC, when going down hill it feels like there is contact back off on the throttle. It's like someone continuously taking their foot off the throttle and is a little on the annoying side.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by TheIvoryG
Can't you just tell them that you felt it surging?

I had never felt mine surge either, but just gave them the TSB number and told them that I needed it applied. I never told them I hadn't felt it, never told them I did. No questions asked by them. Its a TSB though...don't they have to?
I told them I felt the CC surging, but then they said they'll take the car for spin to check it out. That's when I inquired whether they would still apply the TSB it if they don't actualy find a problem.

I don't know, are dealers obligated to apply TSB's even if your car doesn't exhibit the stated problem????? We're talking about TSB's issued by the manufacturer here, not a simple "pls check out the rattle from my door". Then again, TSB's always state "IF YOU CONFIRM...., THEN FIX"

Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
As for your question regarding the CC, when going down hill it feels like there is contact back off on the throttle. It's like someone continuously taking their foot off the throttle and is a little on the annoying side.
How much of a downhill slope does it require??

Last edited by CalsonicVQ; 11-09-2007 at 11:57 AM.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:50 AM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by CalsonicVQ
How much of a downhill slope does it require??
From my own personal experience.......not much at all.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:58 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah my dealer told me the some story(Miller Infiniti CA). But i told them that i experienced that problem. He told me that they go by ECU model ## and not ALL cars needs reflash even if your car vin on TSB(lie). My car Vin ### and build date is on TSB. So im going today to see what happens at 12.30pm CA time. Also i will ask them to update Voice tags TSB. I post my findings later!!!

Old 11-09-2007, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by G35power
Yeah my dealer told me the some story(Miller Infiniti CA). But i told them that i experienced that problem. He told me that they go by ECU model ## and not ALL cars needs reflash even if your car vin on TSB(lie). My car Vin ### and build date is on TSB. So im going today to see what happens at 12.30pm CA time. Also i will ask them to update Voice tags TSB. I post my findings later!!!
The CC TSB includes my car's VIN and build date, too.

Old 11-09-2007, 12:00 PM
Just tell them that I don't feel safe drive this car using CC because of the surge that you experienced. Use the word "Safety". Ask them if they are responsible if you are using CC and have an accidence because of the surge. Also just tell them that the surge does not happen all the time.

Trust me they are not going to find the hill to test your car and wast their time. They rather just do the fix for you.

I never use CC, but I told them I had the surge problem and worry about my safety. They fixed CC the next day and the car is 1000 times better off the line. Good luck

Old 11-09-2007, 12:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
+1 to what everyone said... I had to lie about the surge just so they would do something, they told me that only if the customer felt the problem or recall then they would fix it so lie lie and lie some more...

Old 11-09-2007, 12:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I mentioned the CC surge to the servicec rep. when I made my appt. he seems puzzled and says he never heard of that. He says he will have to test drive to verify....good luck since this is S. Fla.

we'll see what happens when I take it in next week.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:00 PM
Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts
G35x
I actually can experience the surge with CC quite often where I live. I feel it the most on highway with rolling hills.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:31 PM
Traveling Administrator
Originally Posted by Lemodular
I mentioned the CC surge to the servicec rep. when I made my appt. he seems puzzled and says he never heard of that. He says he will have to test drive to verify....good luck since this is S. Fla.

we'll see what happens when I take it in next week.
In all honesty, that's what amazes me. If Infiniti issues a TSB for a vehicle they manufacture, I think the Technicians at each dealership should be responsible for knowing about them.

Old 11-09-2007, 02:03 PM
NUCLEI-G
It does not apply to all VIN#. I just called Infinity consumer affairs. That's what they told me. He asked me for the VIN number and told me it does not apply to my car. I don't know why? My car does feel a little better when it shifts. I think it would improve Gas mileage as well. I went to the dealer today and they told me if i was actually experiencing this issue. I told them yes and they said they did re-flash my ECU. However it does not say on my Slip it was re-flashed it does say Misc-Engine Mechanical -A0001.

To my experience with Nissan/Infinity. They never like it when you come to them with a bulletin or you tell them something that they did not heard before or etc.. When I had my maxima i had the same issue with them. I think this is where some people draw a line between Japanese and German cars. My friend has a BMW and they never give him any problems when he goes to the dealership. I am not fan of BMW!. I still like Infinity. If Nissan/infinity needs to improve on something, this is where they need to improve it on. To all honestly why would dealer give the user hard time about this. This is not like replacing a part or taking the car a part. This is only a easy reprogram. Unless there is a major risk where the ECU gets damaged and Nissan/infinity needs to replace it. Other then that, They should just do it with out asking any questions or give someone a look like he/she came from another planet.

Last edited by infi07g35x; 11-09-2007 at 02:19 PM.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:14 PM
VIN yes / Affected no

Just got back from my dealer. They were aware of the TSB and attempted to update it for me since my VIN fell in the affected range. The computer they used read my ECM version and determined mine was not affected. It read the previous part number as "blank" instead of an actual # which indicates no upgrade avail. So any ideas for us 07/07 builds and later??

Old 11-09-2007, 02:40 PM
Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts
G35x
Originally Posted by infi07g35x
It does not apply to all VIN#. I just called Infinity consumer affairs. That's what they told me. He asked me for the VIN number and told me it does not apply to my car.
I was told the same thing months ago by CA that my car was not in group for Intelligent key recall. It's a 1/07 build and is part of the group of affected vehicles. They eventually sent me the recall card as well.

I'm dropping my car off for Intelligent key, lost phone tag update, ICC issue and chipped grill on Monday. I'm not very optimistic about what Infiniti of Kirkland will do for me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealer won't apply CC TSB unless CC actually has a problem