G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Tracked my '07 G35S

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MojoKidd
I was running the sport rotors and brakes and experienced no fade or soft pedal at all.
Here's a question... what track were you on? As for the braking zones... anything at high speed?

What killed mine was after you came off the main straight, you had to give a firm brake to get the car setup for a left sweeper. At the end of the sweeper you have a small area to get down to second gear for a 180 left. I was doing just over 130 for the first set brake, bringing the car down to 90-95 mph for the sweeper. I'm guessing two HARD braking zones back to back were enough to trash even the sport brakes.

Originally Posted by MojoKidd
What tire pressures were you running?
36F 38R cold. After coming in at the end of the first session the rears were nearing 45 lbs, so I felt like I was close to where the RE050s should be.

Car had ZERO issues rotating with proper throttle input, but like I mentioned after a few laps... the tires were useless and made the car absolutely a bore to drive on the track. I would LOVE to take the car back out again with a proper set of tires, i.e. RT615s, etc. and a better set of brake pads to match.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:31 PM
that sounds awesome and for the price, it sounds like a great deal. Years ago, when I was a BMW guy, I tracked my 2001 BMW 740i. Going ***** out in a full size sedan is something to experience. I would love to take my G out and see how a smaller, light, almost as powerful car would do and feel. Great Post!!

Old 11-15-2007, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by PhoenixINX
Here's a question... what track were you on? As for the braking zones... anything at high speed?

What killed mine was after you came off the main straight, you had to give a firm brake to get the car setup for a left sweeper. At the end of the sweeper you have a small area to get down to second gear for a 180 left. I was doing just over 130 for the first set brake, bringing the car down to 90-95 mph for the sweeper. I'm guessing two HARD braking zones back to back were enough to trash even the sport brakes.

36F 38R cold. After coming in at the end of the first session the rears were nearing 45 lbs, so I felt like I was close to where the RE050s should be.

Car had ZERO issues rotating with proper throttle input, but like I mentioned after a few laps... the tires were useless and made the car absolutely a bore to drive on the track. I would LOVE to take the car back out again with a proper set of tires, i.e. RT615s, etc. and a better set of brake pads to match.
Here is a diagram of the track I ran...

Tracked my '07 G35S-tws29.jpg

We ran the track counter-clockwise.

I could only get the car up to about 120-125mph down the front straight. Corner #1 was a left sweeper with plenty of braking room at the end. Corner #2 was a 90° left hander. I was doing a little over 80 through it. (The diagram isn't exactly accurate the track is very wide on that first left sweeper off the main straight, so you can treat that corner as two corners.) Your brake fade, do you think it might have something to do with the track temp being so high? My brakes held up remarkable well IMO, for stock no issues.

That tire pressure seems about right for the front, 36psi cold, maybe could have been a little higher. I was running 35psi all around; in retrospec I should have tried a higher pressures because of the understeer problem I was having after a few laps. My tire pressures hot were 40F and 39.5R track temps were mild.

When your tires greased over did the car understeer or did it get tail happy?

Old 11-15-2007, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by SactoG35
that sounds awesome and for the price, it sounds like a great deal. Years ago, when I was a BMW guy, I tracked my 2001 BMW 740i. Going ***** out in a full size sedan is something to experience. I would love to take my G out and see how a smaller, light, almost as powerful car would do and feel. Great Post!!

I guess the G does feel lighter when compared to a Beamer 740, but light was my instructors 2300lb Miata, that thing would fly through the corners, it was crazy.

I had a great time in my G, I just wanted to test the limits of the car and meet some people with similar interests. If you want a shot of adrenaline, I highly recommend it. Before we went out for the first time, one of the instructors described it as driving a roller coaster.

Last edited by MojoKidd; 11-15-2007 at 10:37 PM.