G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

My only problem with the G is...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 03:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I personally find it unacceptable that this is not a standard feature. Some people might be glad it's not on there because "they hate it", but I know of no modern luxury car in which you cannot turn off that feature. For a car that has such great fit and finish, a great engine, and technology that no car in its class and price range can match, Nissan really screwed up on so many simple features, including auto-locking door locks, side-view mirror mounted turn signals, a 6-speed automatic, rear-window sunshade, a traditional low-fuel light, a digital speedometer in the instrument cluster, power-folding side-view mirrors, and no-touch entry/automatic locking with the "smartkey", among other very, very simple, cheap features that are pretty much the norm in it's class (well, except for the power folding mirrors. I think only the IS has those).

Don't get me wrong, what the G35 does offer outweighs what it doesn't (or else I would not have bought it), but it still puzzles me that such simple things are not included. The G35 has what is probably the entire auto industry's best built-in navigation system/user-interface, yet lacks auto-locking door locks? Doesn't make sense!

Old 12-15-2007, 07:24 AM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
thank you nissan for not including a digital speedometer in the instrument cluster, that would drive me nuts.

Old 12-15-2007, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by MAH4546
I personally find it unacceptable that this is not a standard feature. Some people might be glad it's not on there because "they hate it", but I know of no modern luxury car in which you cannot turn off that feature. For a car that has such great fit and finish, a great engine, and technology that no car in its class and price range can match, Nissan really screwed up on so many simple features, including auto-locking door locks, side-view mirror mounted turn signals, a 6-speed automatic, rear-window sunshade, a traditional low-fuel light, a digital speedometer in the instrument cluster, power-folding side-view mirrors, and no-touch entry/automatic locking with the "smartkey", among other very, very simple, cheap features that are pretty much the norm in it's class (well, except for the power folding mirrors. I think only the IS has those).

Don't get me wrong, what the G35 does offer outweighs what it doesn't (or else I would not have bought it), but it still puzzles me that such simple things are not included. The G35 has what is probably the entire auto industry's best built-in navigation system/user-interface, yet lacks auto-locking door locks? Doesn't make sense!
-1. Sounds like someone should have bought a Lexus or Acura

Old 12-15-2007, 01:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by airhoppz
-1. Sounds like someone should have bought a Lexus or Acura
agree

G35= sport luxury sedan

Acura, Lexus= luxury sedan with some sport tune.

It is personal choice more sporty or more luxury.The reason I bought the G. I like more sporty and some luxury. If it was the other way around I would of bought the Lexus.

I have auto door lock on my other car and hate it so I am happy it is not a aprtof the G. If I want to do it it is still conveniencs it is only a click away.

TG

Old 12-15-2007, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by kvangil
For safety reasons. 1) stopped at a traffic light and someone can come up and open any of your doors--it happens in the big city.... 2) Less chance of the door flying open in a collision.....

Anyway, I've gotten used to just locking the door myself when I get in the car. It's 2nd nature to me, so I don't really mind that the car doesn't lock itself....
It can be other way around. Say you are in a collision and somebody try to help you from outside they can't because the car is locked. Takes longer to get help to you.

TG

Old 12-16-2007, 08:36 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by MAH4546
I personally find it unacceptable that this is not a standard feature.
If you found it to be that unacceptable, you wouldn't have bought the car.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:37 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by GEE35X
but for me it is still a totally useless, frustrating thing to have on a car. A real inconvenience .
I completely agree. My father has this feature on his Taurus and Windstar and it's the most annoying feature. I personally just don't see the use of it.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:45 AM
My only problem with the G is.... can't reconfigure the deflector dish to emit tachyon particles. (very helpful when encountering traffic or meteor storms)

Other than that there is no problem.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:49 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Art007
My only problem with the G is.... can't reconfigure the deflector dish to emit tachyon particles. (very helpful when encountering traffic or meteor storms)

lol, that is a bit disappointing for sure.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:39 AM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

We have a module for this too, as long as you have the sport dish. The regular dish doesn't have the advanced protocol required for field flashing.

Old 12-16-2007, 11:00 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn, I guess I'll trade now!

Old 12-16-2007, 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by KPierson
We have a module for this too, as long as you have the sport dish. The regular dish doesn't have the advanced protocol required for field flashing.
Not available on the G35x? I can't find that in the manual.

Old 12-16-2007, 07:05 PM
Out of many - one people
it's like the automatic seat belt a few years ago for those who were too lazy to do it themselves. That was one of the most annoying and dangerous features on a car. There are many features on this car that many of us will never use but paid good money for. A car company cannot apply all the technologies on a single car to please all it's customers. Every car company will not have the same features. That is the reason we picked a G35 instead of a BMW, Acura or an Audi. We simply determine which automobile has the features, technologies, values and great looks we desire and make a decision.

Old 12-16-2007, 08:53 PM
The door flying open thing is complete non-sense. All the "lock" does is disengage the door handle from the latch. Anytime your door is closed, it is latched just the same. The lock just toggles whether or not the door handle will undo the latch.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My only problem with the G is...