G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Why Did Infiniti Delete Voice Commands for 08?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 08:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's good news Mike. Any idea how reliable the "grapevine" is? Also, anything more us folks at the consumer level can do to expedite the return of the '07 commands?

Old 12-20-2007, 12:43 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
My source is pretty reliable, but the source hasn't been able to provide a timeframe for when it would be changed/updated with the older commands re-enabled.

If you guys want assistance with getting the new nav to do some of the older functions, send me a PM and I'll try to accomodate if I can.

Old 01-12-2008, 01:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kach Vartan
For what it's worth, I called Infiniti consumer affairs and formally lodged a "complaint" regarding the deletion of voice commands. The service rep she stated that she was not aware of any updates or patches (no surprise there) that would add back the missing commands and that this was the first time she had heard about this issue. She will forward the complaint/file on to Inifiniti's engineering/mechanical department for their review. It's unclear if I will get a response from them, but the rep indicated that the more people who call and complain, the better the chance that Infiniti does something to resolve the issue. I encourage all other 08 owners who have an interest in having the missing voice commands returned to call and lodge similar complaints (800-662-6200).

By the way, the rep also mentioned that writing a letter might be helpful, although it would likely be reviewed by the same people. But it would be interesting if we could get some sort of digital petition going.

Again, if any of the dealer reps on these boards can help out it would be much appreciated! My calls to local service departments regarding this issue have not been returned.

So has Infiniti promised to redress this mistake? Other than pleading ignorance, what concrete action have they taken for you? I do agree that more people should pick up the phone and call!