G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Problem getting windshield fixed.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 01:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem getting windshield fixed.

I had '08 G35X for two weeks when a rock cracked the windshield the weekend before Christmas. It went from a 2 inch crack to a 2 foot crack in a few hours. I called my insurance agent who told me they work with JN Phillips.

I called JN Phillips on Christmas Eve day (a Monday) and the earliest they could do it was Thursday, but then she tells me that they do not have the windshield in stock so it could be Friday. Come Thursday morning, no phone call, I check my order status and it was moved to Friday. I take Friday morning off, check my status again to see if I have a time...now it's moved to the following Monday (New Year's Eve) because they still have not received the windshield.

Monday comes along and we had some very light snow that was going to be ending by 9:00. Again, with no call, they move the appointment to today (Thursday 1/3) because "they cannot do in the snow". I tell them I have a large garage but they will not do in a garage supposedly. So today rolls around and my wife takes the car and they are going to do it at her work. First she gets a call that they will be there by noon. Then at 11:15 she gets a "its too cold, the glue will not cure right" call. I figured that was going to happen since its only about 8 degrees out. Now they are going to do it next Tuesday 1/8. They tell her its still going to be too cold tomorrow even though its going to be in the 30's and their site says they can do it safely as long as its above 15! Of course, come next Tuesday, it will snow or rain and it will be pushed back again.

The main issue seems to be that many glass places do not have windshields for the '08 G35. I even contacted Giant Glass another big company in our area and their site only goes up to '06 when you pick your model.

Anybody south of Boston, MA area know any glass companies that may have a bigger inventory? I've had the car for 4 weeks now and have barely driven it for two of them as I have let my wife drive it since she is only going a couple miles to work every day. Oh well, its a lease, so at least it will keep mileage down!

Old 01-03-2008, 01:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That sound BS to me.I think they are full of crap. I would look for another place to do it. Check the yellow pages. My wifes car had a crack on her car at the verry first day I bought the car for her. I took it to the local glass shop for estimate. They ordered one and replaced it in their own shop in 3 hours.

TG

Old 01-04-2008, 10:43 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
dang crack on the first day.. big bummer... I hate rocks on the freways...

Old 01-04-2008, 11:04 AM
VERY IMPORTANT - not to make things more complicated for you, but I had a rock crack my windshield on my coupe, when had my windshield replaced at Safelite, they put in an aftermarket. The distortion on the curves was evident. Not terribly bad, but not OEM. I asked them to put another one in, and they didn't even try because when it came in, same issue. They agreed to get the OEM glass and my insurance agreed to pay. I guess what I am trying to say is make sure you get OEM glass. I got lucky in that, although it took some time, my insurance (Allstate) and glass shop (Safelite) came through for my requests.

Good luck.

Old 01-04-2008, 12:30 PM
which jn phillips did u go to? theres one in quincy that does a pretty good job.
i dont know if stock varies from stores.. but theres a bunch..

safelite auto glass - 166 Washington St, Quincy, MA - (617) 479-8801
J N Phillips Glass Co (quincy) - 1011 Hancock St, Quincy, MA - (617) 773-7730
Settles Glass Co Inc -196 Washington St, Quincy, MA - (617) 479-4400

just google up "auto glass in quincy, ma" or w/e and u'll get a lot of results..

i live in nq by the way and theres a little meet today at goodtimes emporium.. u should stop by

https://g35driver.com/forums/northeast/195862-meet-goodtimes-today-friday-1-04-signup.html

oh yes also theres a shop in wollaston. in the same lot as cvs, and wollaston liquor, and right across from the wallaston T. its a little asian auto shop.. i had work done there.. someone bumped into my fender.. not a big deal but i requested them to order me a brand new oem fender instead of repairing the dent. they should be able to order u a windshield too.. i have a 07g35x so if they could get me a fender.. they should be able to get u a windshield.

Last edited by Pdubz; 01-04-2008 at 12:36 PM.