G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Infiniti G35S badge

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 03:36 PM
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by silverG2007
Rebadge to something you aren't = total Rice Crispies= teh lamest.

Almost as sad as v6 Mustangs putting GT badges on.

The only people who will notice the badge will also notice the reasons your car ISN'T A (GT, S, or whatever).

For the Journey guys, the wheels, front end, and side skirts will be a giveaway.
Totally agree!
Yesterday while I was cruising on freeway 15, I saw a 91 Honda Civic with "Lexus + (Lexus emblem)" on the rear. I told my friends that look at that lame Civic, a Honda wanna be Lexus.

Old 08-12-2008, 04:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i was just kidding about the rebadging to a g37S, but I think that's completely different than what some of you are talking about.

people who put GT on a V6 mustang....that's not even the same motor...our motor is the same with a g37, it's just stroked...this doesn't mean the engine is "bigger", just a little larger displacement...also, this isn't like a 323i owner putting a ///m3 badge on his car...if someone did put a 7 in place of the 5, they're just doin what infiniti should've done in the first place instead of being like every car manufacturer and doming it down the first couple years of production...oh yeah, and i still wanna find the guy on these forums who said the G37 sedan doesn't have a market in the U.S. and bitch slap the **** out of him...not literally

Old 08-12-2008, 05:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G35xChicago
$25 bucks? a bit steep for a little sticker, plus i just want the S
haha... you haven't priced out very many metal badges, eh?

Old 08-12-2008, 07:20 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ugaexploder
i was just kidding about the rebadging to a g37S, but I think that's completely different than what some of you are talking about.

people who put GT on a V6 mustang....that's not even the same motor...our motor is the same with a g37, it's just stroked...this doesn't mean the engine is "bigger", just a little larger displacement...also, this isn't like a 323i owner putting a ///m3 badge on his car...if someone did put a 7 in place of the 5, they're just doin what infiniti should've done in the first place instead of being like every car manufacturer and doming it down the first couple years of production...oh yeah, and i still wanna find the guy on these forums who said the G37 sedan doesn't have a market in the U.S. and bitch slap the **** out of him...not literally
Ok, you could argue that on the "scale of lame," making a non-s an S or a G35 a G37 is only slightly "less lame" than a Honda with a BMW badge.

IMO, it's no different. It's all ridiculous and ricey. It will make you look stupid in front of anyone who would notice the badges and the meaning behind them.

Putting badges on a car to make it sound better than it is (even if it's just an S or a "stroked and variable whatever added, plus a newer year and different transmission, different wheels.....") is being a COMPLETE POSEUR!

Old 08-12-2008, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by ugaexploder

And FWIW..... the 3.7 isn't the same motor either. Stroke and VVEL is different. If it's different, it can't be the same.

At least with the mustang, they aren't trying to pretend the car is newer than it is.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:23 PM
I think I want to rebadge my car as a chevy. And start telling people that this is the new chevrolet hybrid sports sedan that gets 80mpg.

Old 08-12-2008, 11:41 PM
The OP didn't ask for or need a lecture on whether he should rebadge. He only asked for some advice, which he got.

As for me, I agree, in part with what you guys are saying. I have rebadged my coupe to a (OEM Japanese emblem) 350GT, did this long ago. Reason - I'm driving an '03 6MT with mods, which IMHO, make it a little more than a G35. More of a GT machine. I have, intake, plenum, headers, hi-flows, and a dual system. I also have an STB and Nismo wheels with wide tires. I'm not trying to fool anyone, I'm just trying to better describe what I'm really driving. Also, again IMHO, the red in the emblem, has for a few years now, meant performance in Nissan Speak. And, performance is what it's about.

Laugh, or call me a ricer if you will, makes no never mind to me.

Lou

Old 08-13-2008, 09:34 AM
Ok, you could argue that on the "scale of lame," making a non-s an S or a G35 a G37 is only slightly "less lame" than a Honda with a BMW badge.

IMO, it's no different. It's all ridiculous and ricey. It will make you look stupid in front of anyone who would notice the badges and the meaning behind them.

Putting badges on a car to make it sound better than it is (even if it's just an S or a "stroked and variable whatever added, plus a newer year and different transmission, different wheels.....") is being a COMPLETE POSEUR!
yeah i agree with you, it's pretty lame that there are ppl out there who pose and do this...but i honestly think it's not too too bad if we woulda replaced the 5 with a 7...i don't really care too much because i'm one of those ppl who think the g37 sedan will only be like .1 or .2 faster in the 1/4...and hopefully after my exhaust, intake, headers, test pipes, i'll be faster than a stock g37 sedan

Old 08-13-2008, 12:31 PM
i'm buying a "Ti" in pink to add on after my "S"

edit: SMOOCHES TO THA HATAZ!!1!1jz!!

Last edited by jsmonet; 08-13-2008 at 12:32 PM. Reason: forgot the best part
Old 08-13-2008, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by jsmonet
i'm buying a "Ti" in pink to add on after my "S"

edit: SMOOCHES TO THA HATAZ!!1!1jz!!
lol, i might put one of those lexus h's at the end of my G35 lettering...G35h

Old 08-13-2008, 12:50 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Thumbs up emblem

G35 S emblem is complete, all 4 letters,$14.26 plus shipping from us, thx!

Old 08-13-2008, 02:08 PM
you can steal it from some other Infinit owner, Just a thought?

Old 08-13-2008, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by lowrider
The OP didn't ask for or need a lecture on whether he should rebadge. He only asked for some advice, which he got.

As for me, I agree, in part with what you guys are saying. I have rebadged my coupe to a (OEM Japanese emblem) 350GT, did this long ago. Reason - I'm driving an '03 6MT with mods, which IMHO, make it a little more than a G35. More of a GT machine. I have, intake, plenum, headers, hi-flows, and a dual system. I also have an STB and Nismo wheels with wide tires. I'm not trying to fool anyone, I'm just trying to better describe what I'm really driving. Also, again IMHO, the red in the emblem, has for a few years now, meant performance in Nissan Speak. And, performance is what it's about.

Laugh, or call me a ricer if you will, makes no never mind to me.

Lou
Honestly though, this isn't as bad of an offence since techinically the skyline is the same car. You aren't buying a base model car then making it look like it's the upgraded one.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:25 PM
Honestly though, this isn't as bad of an offence since techinically the skyline is the same car. You aren't buying a base model car then making it look like it's the upgraded one.
I don't see what he did as an offense at all...

Old 08-13-2008, 04:27 PM
i think you should just buy the corolla S badge. same S, prolly way less $$$

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Infiniti G35S badge