G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Ordering from the factory?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 09:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordering from the factory?

I have done all my research and am ready to buy an '08 G35 soon.

I have not engaged with a dealer yet, but I've searched their inventory online, and they don't currently have exactly what I'm looking for.

If I end up having to order from the factory, does anyone know about how long I can expect to wait for my car to be ready?

Old 01-17-2008, 10:01 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
depends. there's a 4 step process.

First if it's not in dealer inventory, and it's a common config it may be coming in on the next shipment and they can just assign that to your dealer. this could take days to two weeks or so.

Second, they could check other nearby or far dealers for a possible transfer. This is a matter of a few days to a week, but puts miles on the car.

Third there is a pool of cars already built and in transit to US, some with and some without destinations, if your config is in that pool, they can flag it as a purchase and when it hits the states it will be sent to your dealer. This takes anywhere from 2 months to 2 weeks to arrive.

Last is to order. Ordering happens 1 time a month during the last week of the month. so if you get your order in within the next week or so, it will take approx 2 months to arrive, it you wait until the end of the month it will take 3 months to arrive because the order won't actually be placed until end of February.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by kring
depends. there's a 4 step process.

First if it's not in dealer inventory, and it's a common config it may be coming in on the next shipment and they can just assign that to your dealer. this could take days to two weeks or so.

Second, they could check other nearby or far dealers for a possible transfer. This is a matter of a few days to a week, but puts miles on the car.

Third there is a pool of cars already built and in transit to US, some with and some without destinations, if your config is in that pool, they can flag it as a purchase and when it hits the states it will be sent to your dealer. This takes anywhere from 2 months to 2 weeks to arrive.

Last is to order. Ordering happens 1 time a month during the last week of the month. so if you get your order in within the next week or so, it will take approx 2 months to arrive, it you wait until the end of the month it will take 3 months to arrive because the order won't actually be placed until end of February.
Thanks very much. That is exactly the information I was looking for.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:39 AM
Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts
G35x
Mine was ordered in 12/06 and I received in mid-March '07.

Old 01-17-2008, 12:04 PM
So the next question is how much negotiating power do you have if you want to order something up. Of course, as a buyer, you have all the power, you can walk out. But I'm wondering if there is an inherent, unavoidable cost that is incurred because you want to order. I'm guessing the answer is no because dealers like Pontiac do it all the time.

Old 01-17-2008, 02:22 PM
Nah, there shouldn't be a premium on ordering as long as you're patient. I've ordered from other manufacturers, at least, and received the same deal I'd have gotten off the lot, imo. I suggest you work with an internet sales person for ordering. They're much easier to work with and driven more by volume than one big commission check.

Old 01-17-2008, 02:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's the opposite, There may be a discount for a car on the lot, you may not get that good a price if you order. but there is no charge to order.

Old 01-17-2008, 03:49 PM
I was very specific about configuration I wanted, so I ended up having to order one. My internet sales guy located a car with my exact config still in Japan scheduled to go to a dealer in another state. He arranged for a stock swap, and I got my G about four weeks later. I don't think the price I paid ($450 over inv) was out of line, and they didn't ask me for a deposit.

Old 01-19-2008, 12:43 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Universal
I have done all my research and am ready to buy an '08 G35 soon.

I have not engaged with a dealer yet, but I've searched their inventory online, and they don't currently have exactly what I'm looking for.

If I end up having to order from the factory, does anyone know about how long I can expect to wait for my car to be ready?
90-120 days. If there is any car like the one you want without a deposit on it, I can re-route to my inventory, and you'll potentially have the car a lot earlier.

I can order any car for you as long as it is a valid combination.

Send me a PM for details.

-Mike