G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Locked myself out of the car last night.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 11:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmm.. i have a thing of locking myself outta the car.. LOL happened a couple of times with my previous car.. and ALMOST happened again with the G... i had my keys in the truck and i closed it!! =O i was like OH FUCCCKKKKKK!!! then next thing i know, the truck popped right back up! YAYYY! i love my i-key...

and in ur case.. maybe it was malfunction? i don't know =\

Old 02-07-2008, 11:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't understand this at all, when I have the IKey in my pocket, after the car has been shut off, if you push the lock on the inside of the car, all 4 locks pop open, and won't lock until you exit the car with the key. I think this must be a problem that needs attention.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:03 AM
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
I don't understand this at all, when I have the IKey in my pocket, after the car has been shut off, if you push the lock on the inside of the car, all 4 locks pop open, and won't lock until you exit the car with the key. I think this must be a problem that needs attention.
hmm.. that's weird because i am able to lock the doors even when the car is off and that im still inside the car!

Old 02-08-2008, 01:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ABQ_G35
I also noticed that if you get into the car then press the lock button before you start the car all 4 doors will unlock regardless of the state they were in before pressing the button.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:42 AM
I take frequent trips to Houston. Many times I have to pull over at a rest stop to take a little nap. The first time I did it, I wondered if someone could walk by and press the black button on the handle and unlock the door as the key is inside? ... I tested it when I got home. With the engine off, I stayed in the car and locked the doors with the button on the door panel. My brother outside could not unlock it using the black button. It's a good safety feature if you ever have to stay in your car.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:21 AM
Thank you, long butt hair

Originally Posted by longbutthair
I take frequent trips to Houston. Many times I have to pull over at a rest stop to take a little nap. The first time I did it, I wondered if someone could walk by and press the black button on the handle and unlock the door as the key is inside? ... I tested it when I got home. With the engine off, I stayed in the car and locked the doors with the button on the door panel. My brother outside could not unlock it using the black button. It's a good safety feature if you ever have to stay in your car.
Thanks for figuring out a rationale for the OP's problem locking his key in the car. It turns out to be a "feature," for the reason you stated, rather than a defect. So, the moral is:

"Don't use the inside door lock button to lock your doors when you exit. Either use the outside handle's black button, or the lock button on your i-key."

I think the same rationale you provided also explains what happened to me last weekend: I wanted to show one of my nephews the kewl feature that would pop the trunk if I tried to leave my key in it. So, I dropped my key in the trunk and closed it, expecting it to pop back open. It didn't. The reason is that I had the front door windows down. I think the car "knows" that you might want to have your trunk locked when your windows are open, so defeats the fail-safe. When I powered the windows up and tried it again, the trunk popped open. Make sense?

--Rich

Old 02-09-2008, 02:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
oooh...if i understand correctly.... hes using the ancient method or pressing the lock button on the door arm rest? and he closed the door? when you do stuff like that.....which is overiding the electronics so to speak and engage the mechanics of the lock... what do you expect.. that button on the door arm rest only engages and disengages the lock and probably is not connected to anything else.

Its like people who have power doors who engage the door locks manually instead of using the remote. i never do that probably because I have never have manual door locks....and when i had car with power locks, I always use a remote to lock never from inside... when I leave etc..

So I guess the advice is if you are leaving the car, use the remote or the outside door button.. kick that flithy LOL indoor door lock touchy habit...HANDS OFF .....haha