G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Car Seat?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 05:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car Seat?

Well, I'm 3 weeks away from our 3rd child and it's time to purchase a stroller/car seat travel system. I'm wondering if anyone had any issues with any particular car seats. Mostly their size. Our back seats aren't large and I don't want to have either of the front seats pushed all the way forward. We are fairly certain that we will be purchasing a Chicco Cortina Travel system with the new Keyfit 30 car seat. It looks fairly easy to install and it's quite small. Any thoughts are very much appreciated.

Old 02-24-2008, 05:24 PM
I just put 2 Radian 65s in my car, one rear facing and other other forward facing. The rear facing one is REALLY obtrusive on the passenger seat. I can't wait until I can turn it around. Essentially I have a 1 seat car currently when it comes to adults.

Old 02-24-2008, 05:34 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by thedriver
I just put 2 Radian 65s in my car, one rear facing and other other forward facing. The rear facing one is REALLY obtrusive on the passenger seat. I can't wait until I can turn it around. Essentially I have a 1 seat car currently when it comes to adults.
I hear ya. I just recently switched from a rear facing to a forward facing and there is soooooo much more room now. With the rear facing seat, my wife had to put her seat up pretty much as far as it would go. With the forward facing one, my wife can now put her seat way back and have some decent leg room.

Old 02-24-2008, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
I hear ya. I just recently switched from a rear facing to a forward facing and there is soooooo much more room now. With the rear facing seat, my wife had to put her seat up pretty much as far as it would go. With the forward facing one, my wife can now put her seat way back and have some decent leg room.
We use our Odyssey on the weekends so it's not a huge deal but it's tough during the week at work when people ask me to drive to lunch or something. When is the switch to forward facing? I forget (which is bad b/c this is my 2nd kid).

Old 02-24-2008, 06:50 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by thedriver
We use our Odyssey on the weekends so it's not a huge deal but it's tough during the week at work when people ask me to drive to lunch or something. When is the switch to forward facing? I forget (which is bad b/c this is my 2nd kid).
IIRC, I think the switch is made at 22lbs.

Old 02-24-2008, 08:36 PM
Virus - thanks for posting this. I was about to pose the same question since my first child is coming later this year and I was already starting to research makes/models of car seats and strollers.

Old 02-24-2008, 08:53 PM
Just thinking about a car seat in my car makes me think about all the cherrios, spilled milk, crayons, and all the other things that my car would be exposed to. Gives me the shivers...mad props to you guys...

Old 02-24-2008, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by TheIvoryG
Just thinking about a car seat in my car makes me think about all the cherrios, spilled milk, crayons, and all the other things that my car would be exposed to. Gives me the shivers...mad props to you guys...
Just say no! This is our 3rd child and I've never had a problem with it as long as you start them out this way. And DO NOT let them sleep in your bed!

Old 02-24-2008, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by Virus
Just say no! This is our 3rd child and I've never had a problem with it as long as you start them out this way. And DO NOT let them sleep in your bed!
Yeah, I don't let my kids eat in the car or play with anything messy. I rarely have them in the G anyway, just a 5 minute drive to grandma's in the morning.

The bed part is easier said than done. When it comes to getting sleep it's worth it sometimes.

Old 02-24-2008, 09:37 PM
Looking for a stroller/car seat (aka Traveler) is extremely difficult and like anything else, nothing is perfect. The Chicco Cortina is built like a tank. It's easy as hell to fold up and unfold. It's small and maneuvers great. The seat itself has a great 5 point harness and it's incredibly easy to adjust everything. The handle is adjustable and is very comfortable. Now the only bad things. 1 cup holder. Ah, this isn't too bad. The only really, really bad thing is you cannot access the storage under the stroller without taking the infant seat out first. The storage is also very small as are almost all the strollers out now. The Eddie Bauer Endeavor was a very nice stroller. It was the only stroller we could find that had an enormous storage space underneath. Although the infant seat required the back to be fully declined, the storage entrance was spring loaded. You can put your diaper bag and alot of shopping bags in here. Unfortunately, this stoller folds upright and is incredibly wide. It isn't as comfortable as others to push, but everything about this stroller screams bulk. Most infant seats only hold up to a 22lbs child, but the Chicco holds up to 30lbs. I will only be transporting two of the children from daycare M-F, but as another poster mentioned it's very difficult when you want to go out to lunch with coworkers. After looking at all of the car seats to death (rear facing), we decided to pull the trigger on the Chicco mentioned above. The seat appears to be one of the smallest when the handle is down. Every other car seat we've had in the past required pushing the passenger seat way forward making it uncomfortable for the front passenger. Front facing seats are alot better.

Luckily like another poster mentioned, we broke down and purchased a minivan this past August in preparation for the new arrival. We got an SE fully loaded and I mean everything. Sticker was just north of 42k and we paid 33k +TTT. My wife was really mad that I made her sell the Nissan Titan, but I knew getting 2 kids and an infant into the Titan wasn't going to be a fun job. I am so glad we did it. Minivans are the ultimate family hauler and they have a hell of alot more room than SUV's do for the weekends at Home Depot. We found out about the new arrival 3 weeks after buying the G. We thought we were done. We didn't want anymore children. A word of advice: Pulling out doesn't work

Old 02-24-2008, 09:47 PM
I have an Eddie Bauer front facing convertible car seat, and it works fine. I just keep the passenger seat moved foward. When someone rides with me at work, they just move it back.

The kid has to be a year old AND a certain weight (I can't remember the weight). I moved mine around at eight months, though.

I went from an SUV to the G35 and couldn't be happier! I even plan on having another baby one day. The G35 is so much more fun than the SUV. My baby and I went on an eight hour road trip, and I was able to hand him things so much easier in the car. He propped one foot up on the door and was all stretched out.

Old 02-24-2008, 10:31 PM
When my daughter was born we used the Cortina Chicco system that had the bucket seat that snaps into the base. We liked it alot. Virus already discussed the details of that system. I just leased my G35 so I never had that seat in my Infiniti, but it worked well my Mazdaspeed 6.

Now we use the Evenflo Triumph Advance LX for my currently 11 month old daughter, facing rearwards still. This seat works well in my G35. Its on the passenger side and my wife doesn't have to move her seat up very far, certainly not all the way.

Good luck, and enjoy your G35.... and your children also.

Old 02-25-2008, 01:02 AM
Thanks for the advice guys..

http://www.chiccousa.com/product.php...&cat=18&page=1

I bookmarked it and my wife is pretty impressed with all the features. I'll definitely add this to my list!

Old 02-25-2008, 01:33 AM
Funny, I just returned from my garage following the installation of a Graco Snugride car seat base in my G (#2 should be here by the end of the week) and saw this thread. I have a feeling that the front passenger seat will have to be moved pretty far foward whenever the seat is placed in the base, but luckily that won't be too often because most of transporting duties fall to wifey. Also, I've occassionally used the Evenflo Triumph for our a 2-year old (only forward facing though) and it's worked great.

What I'm really wondering though is whether the Graco Quattro stroller/tank will ever fit in the G's trunk. That CD changer in the back is going to make ingress/egress quite a challenge!

Last edited by Kach Vartan; 02-25-2008 at 02:54 AM.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:35 AM
Yea I have one of the evenflo as someone stated, It is very handy and the stroller portion when folded doesn't take up much space. Only drawback is the rear facing car seat. I get tired of adjusting the front seat, that's y i try not to but it in that much. Cant wait for a forward facing one!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car Seat?