G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Help!! whether to buy g35x

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 11:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!! whether to buy g35x

Currently I'm driving the 2nd gen. acura 3.2tl type-s . I'm thinking of getting a new car and i came down to two cars: 08 acura tl type s or g35x with sport package. I love the g35x design, its awd, and its very fast. The only thing stopping me from buying a g35x is that its very small. I haven't seen the interior in person but from what i heard, the back seat has no room. My 2nd gen. tl type-s is pretty roomie. How spacious is the rear of g35x? Is it about the same size as my current tl?
I'm also considering the 08 tl type s. I love the exhaust and the rim. Plus the rear seat has more room than g35x (from what i hearD). However, I've been hearing that the acura tl type s still has transmission problems. My current tl had to change its transmission twice. I have hard time trusting acura honda when it comes to transmission. Does g35x have any kind of major problems? Also what's the best deal i can get for g35x as of right. I know i should be asking this to my dealer but i'm just curious as to how much you guys paid for your g35x.

Thanks

Old 03-19-2008, 11:51 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Everyone that has been in the back of my G35 comments on how much room there is. Try one out, see for yourself.
I love my X, no complaints at all.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:12 AM
I've had my '08 x for 3 days and love it. The back seat felt roomier to my 15 yr old and 11 yr old. It was one of the deciding factors when I chose between it and the TL-S.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:31 AM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
i have a lot of my clients cross shopping the TL... after the big recall that the TL can go on fire , people are pushing towards the G35x. also, it's a smoother drive w/ the G35x and higher resale value

Old 03-20-2008, 06:17 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
i checked the stats...
front head room TL: 38.7 front head room g35: 40.5
front leg room TL: 42.8 front leg room g35: 43.9
rear head room TL: 37.2 rear head room g35: 37.7
rear leg room TL: 34.9 rear leg room g35: 34.7

so the TL has .2" more rear leg room but is smaller in all other stats. advantage infiniti.

but honestly, check out the cars in person and test drive.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:33 PM
Since it looks like you have just been listening to what people have been telling you i think the best bet is for you to go sit and drive each one in person and make your decision. When i was in the market i was down the the TL type s, G35, and the IS350. The acura was FWD but i love the way the car looks. The IS350 was a great car but the rear seats are way smaller than the G35 and was alot more expensive with the options I wanted. The G35 was the best overall car for me.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:11 PM
I'm getting biased answers. At acura forum, everyone is saying that Tl is hands down when it comes to room in the back seat. They also said Tl has better handling and better gas mileage. Is it true that g35 is going to cost me about 4-5k more due to the fact that they will not deal that much on a g35x wherelse the tl type-s can be bought for 33k?

Old 03-20-2008, 11:14 PM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by lldknyll26
I'm getting biased answers. At acura forum, everyone is saying that Tl is hands down when it comes to room in the back seat. They also said Tl has better handling and better gas mileage. Is it true that g35 is going to cost me about 4-5k more due to the fact that they will not deal that much on a g35x wherelse the tl type-s can be bought for 33k?
Really you are going by hearsay from two biased groups.

Do as we suggested and test them out for yourself. You will quickly find out the right answer to your questions.

Old 03-21-2008, 12:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can tell u 2 things ..most likely the TL would have better mileage.. check the forums there see what they are getting.. apparently for most people here its about 23 mpg or so.

Price wise.. check edmunds..for dealers invoice.. thats what you should always base your negotiations on... how much above or below dealer invoice as per Edmunds..not how much below MSRP. Having said that.. if you are leasing or financing because of incentives dealers get, you can more than likely get at or below invoice for a on the lot car. And if you pay cash like I did.. then you can get very close to invoice I got mine $200 or so above invoice... now when one mentions invoice price.. is invoice price for the car and all options, including destination fees, and before any sort of taxes. you shouldnt pay any sort of documentation fee or anything, but if you do make sure that it falls within the price guide i mention above.

So for example if people r saying that you can get a TL with all the options you want at 33K before taxes...you cannot get a loaded G35x for that price.. I got mine.. which is everything minus tech for 36,600 which is $250 above invoice.

Last edited by jdanielsg; 03-21-2008 at 12:39 AM.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:42 AM
screw FWD

Old 03-21-2008, 07:25 AM
I'm biased as hell but you would love this car. I was in the backseat for the first time a couple weeks ago hooking up my dog bed and I was floored at how much room was back there - and I drive with the driver's seat all the way back.

As for how much fun it is to drive, well, I had a 2004 250Z that I couldnt get rid of fast enough when I drove this car. Its *that* much fun to drive.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:12 AM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm getting biased answers.
then go by the facts. in the rear seating area, the g35 sedan has .5 inches more headroom, and the TL has .2 inches more leg room. a half an inch and less than a quarter inch difference make both rear compartments comparable - not "hands down" either.
pricing can be variable depending on your dealer and what's on the lot, and handling can depend on how you drive - but i have a hard time believing you'll find the fwd TL out-handling a g35x.
either way it's a lot of money and you need to be happy with the purchase, so test drive.

Old 03-21-2008, 09:51 AM
I actually went through the same dilemma... since I JUST bought a G35xS this monday.

Cars under consideration: TL-S and G35xS.

What sold it for me was when I test drove the G35... yes, the TL was fun, but the torque steer and just overall riding dynamics weren't as crisp and I didn't feel as grounded as the G (granted, the best handling in my opinion is the 335, but the overall package of the car isn't as good).

There are also some technology features that are in the G, but not in TL, although the voice commands in the Acura are much better and more extensive.

What sold it for me was the driving as well as the new body style (I didn't really like the way the TL looked and secondly it will be outdated in a few months). I wouldn't have gotten any other G besides the xS for the all-wheel drive (since i live in Jersey/NY area). But for you, is the extra 6-7K premium worth it for you? Only extensive driving of both will tell.

As far as room in the back seat with the G? Its not that great, as is the case with any cars in this class (IS, 335, G, TL, etc). I don't really recall how roomy the TL was, but I would say the G is def better than IS and 335 if you have been inside those cars to compare. If this is a big decision point for you, go down to the dealer and take a look at the G to see for yourself. Spec dimensions on paper are nothing against how it feels and looks when you're sitting there.

I got my G for 36,500 before tax and title... but when i was looking at the TL-S, there were mad incentives, so it would have been something like 30 before tax and title.

Last edited by shadow007; 03-21-2008 at 09:58 AM.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:51 AM
WHAT DO YOU EXPECT AT g35driver.com in the g35 sedan forum? Do you want people to tell you that ACura is the better car??? What did you think you would get?

Old 03-21-2008, 11:44 PM
Acura is a joke. It's a honda accord. It's front wheel drive. It's 70% made in U.S.A.

G35 is a 4 door 350Z. It's a sport car made into a sedan. It's 98% Japan made. G35X is even sweeter, 4 wheel drive!

In every sports car sedan comparsion articles from Car and driver, Edmunds, etc... Acura TL is not even on the list because it's front wheel drive which automatically disqualifies itself.

TL is a car designed to tricked people into buying a sports car, anyone who is mechanically inclined will laugh at the TL.
_________
2008 G35 journey5at ivory/stone+prem&sportpkg.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help!! whether to buy g35x